Hahaha Legacy Storage only has 5 tabs for 50 million credits

Transairion

I just unlocked cargo bay 5 on my account. Cost me 1050 cc. The legacy storage costs 2500 cc on the pts.

So, I have 21 characters. I got 21 tabs for 1050 cc but each tab is per character. One tab for legacy storage costs 2500 cc so I get one tab accessible by all 21 characters.

Now everybody can have their own logic and feelings about it but to me, those two options both have some advantages. The cargo bay is 21 times bigger as far as storage is concerned. One more toon and it's 22 times bigger. The other has much less space but has shared accessibility.

Somehow in my head these things are about equal value. And yet...there is the difference in price. More than twice as much.

So why does BW do this? Because we've asked for it and so they punish us with extra costs because they reckon we are willing to pay more since we wanted it so much.

I call foul play.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just unlocked cargo bay 5 on my account. Cost me 1050 cc. The legacy storage costs 2500 cc on the pts.

So, I have 21 characters. I got 21 tabs for 1050 cc but each tab is per character. One tab for legacy storage costs 2500 cc so I get one tab accessible by all 21 characters.

Now everybody can have their own logic and feelings about it but to me, those two options both have some advantages. The cargo bay is 21 times bigger as far as storage is concerned. One more toon and it's 22 times bigger. The other has much less space but has shared accessibility.

Somehow in my head these things are about equal value. And yet...there is the difference in price. More than twice as much.

So why does BW do this? Because we've asked for it and so they punish us with extra costs because they reckon we are willing to pay more since we wanted it so much.

I call foul play.

You're dealing with old information. The prices have been adjusted downward. A lot.

If the price does drop, BioWare will have lost $40 a piece from three players I personally know where going to partially unlock with CC's, including myself. That's BioWare's choice, they may have thought the projected revenue from players like me did not sufficiently counter-balance the dissatisfaction of some number of other players.

Even if I were an EA stockholder (I am not as far as I know) I'd be fine with this: sometimes you have to sacrifice some revenue at the altar of brand loyalty.

Edited by BuriDogshin

If the price does drop, BioWare will have lost $40 a piece from three players I personally know where going to partially unlock with CC's, including myself. That's BioWare's choice, they may have thought the projected revenue from players like me did not sufficiently counter-balance the dissatisfaction of some number of other players.

Even if I were an EA stockholder (I am not as far as I know) I'd be fine with this: sometimes you have to sacrifice some revenue at the altar of brand loyalty.

more likely they realized that they would actualy make more money on players that may not have bought the unlocks before, but will be buying them now. you know, instead of selling 3 unlocks at $40, they will now sell 30 of them, and while individual cost is lower - overall profit is higher.

Quick Buri, make a topic that you demand they raise the price up because you want to pay more.

more likely they realized that they would actualy make more money on players that may not have bought the unlocks before, but will be buying them now. you know, instead of selling 3 unlocks at $40, they will now sell 30 of them, and while individual cost is lower - overall profit is higher.

That may also be a factor, I agree. You and I do not have the data to really predict that. BioWare may.

I really love LS, so BioWare may be getting that $40 from me anyway, as a thank you.

YMMV.

Quick Buri, make a topic that you demand they raise the price up because you want to pay more.

Oh, now that's not very nice. This isn't a contest you know. I don't think that fairly represents Buri's opinion on the matter.

Edited by LordArtemis

I do not demand anything of BioWare. But I'd sure like them to un-nerf Orbital Strike/Freighter Fly-By a little.

Buri, you and I rarely agree on anything....but I will stand with you shoulder to shoulder to support that suggestion. I really disliked the nerf.

Buri, you and I rarely agree on anything....but I will stand with you shoulder to shoulder to support that suggestion. I really disliked the nerf.

I don't think there's a single agent/smuggler player that was happy with that nerf.

that said... lowering prices to increase sales is a very old, often used strategy - because it works. especially when it comes to items that have low/negligible production cost regardless of whether you sell one or a 100. but at this point... until pts is up and/or we see official patch notes - this is still something that is in a realm of speculation, not fact. IMO.

IThat's BioWare's choice, they may have thought the projected revenue from players like me did not sufficiently counter-balance the dissatisfaction of some number of other players.

No, realllly? :rak_eek:

Now we're just missing Infernixx and OddballEasyEight feriously defending new low prices. :rak_05:

The problem with the legacy storage price isn't about whether or not people can afford it or work towards affording it, it's about whether or not there is value for money.

I can afford 5 million to unlock the first tab with no problem, but I won't be buying it because I don't feel I would be getting anything worth anywhere near 5 million. Yes I'd love to have a second tab unlocked in legacy storage, but no way am I going to spend that much to do so - there are so many better value things I would rather spend 5 million on.

No, realllly? :rak_eek:

Now we're just missing Infernixx and OddballEasyEight feriously defending new low prices. :rak_05:

You seemed to have missed the fact that I'm the one that broke the news. And I'll defend the new prices in the same way that I did the old ones: If this is the number that their metrics indicate is appropriate, then so be it. My own wants and desires simply don't factor into it.

Before, I would have gotten the 2nd, maybe the 3rd tab right from the start. Now, I'll get all five tabs without blinking an eye. Either way, I was going to make heavy use of LS, so I'm not exactly what point it is that you're trying to make.

The problem with the legacy storage price isn't about whether or not people can afford it or work towards affording it, it's about whether or not there is value for money.

I can afford 5 million to unlock the first tab with no problem, but I won't be buying it because I don't feel I would be getting anything worth anywhere near 5 million. Yes I'd love to have a second tab unlocked in legacy storage, but no way am I going to spend that much to do so - there are so many better value things I would rather spend 5 million on.

If you spend 5mil, you'll be able do far more than unlock the 2nd tab. First tab is free, fyi.

If you spend 5mil, you'll be able do far more than unlock the 2nd tab. First tab is free, fyi.

I thought the first tab was free and the second was 5 mil? Or did I get the prices wrong?

Edit: Oh I said first tab I meant "first tab you can unlock" aka second tab ^^;

Edited by Solloby

I thought the first tab was free and the second was 5 mil? Or did I get the prices wrong?

Edit: Oh I said first tab I meant "first tab you can unlock" aka second tab ^^;

The prices have been drastically changed on the PTS. Downward.

I would say I am one of those players that would have simply used one tab before...now I am likely to unlock the first two with credits, the rest with CC I will purchase.

A purchase, as well as my monthly sub this month I would not have made if the prices had remained as they were. Naturally this is just me, but it is one specific example of revenue where there would have been zero...and though I am sure I have not spent the most, I have spent a substantial amount on CC IMO.

The prices have been drastically changed on the PTS. Downward.

Have the actual prices been listed anywhere online? If so I must be a bad Googler because I can't seem to find them, I can only find references to people saying that there are new prices.

Oh, now that's not very nice. This isn't a contest you know. I don't think that fairly represents Buri's opinion on the matter.

It sounded almost as if he was disappointed that the price was lowered. I found that pretty incredible. Most people like to get more bang for their buck. Im sure EA will be able to bear the loss of more reasonably pricing a unlock.

Edited by Nickious

Have the actual prices been listed anywhere online? If so I must be a bad Googler because I can't seem to find them, I can only find references to people saying that there are new prices.

Google

swtorminer and click the one on reddit

Edited by Nickious

Thanks for the info guys. I think more people will buy legacy storage tab unlocks if the prices will go live reduced, this is excellent news. The current (original) prices are a bit outrageous. Edited by Solloby

Go check out the SWTOR subreddit.

Edit: And I'm late to reply. ignore.

Edited by Infernixx

Thanks for the info guys. I think more people will buy legacy storage tab unlocks if the prices will go live reduced, this is excellent news. The current (original) prices are a bit outrageous.

Yeah those new prices are even lower than what I was expecting or hoping. It will definitely make things easier for a lot more players like this.

What he said. Quite a bit. :)

Yeh I just saw. Still amazes me that people have to get this via a dataminer. BW so missed the opportunity to make a statement saying they listened to us.

I am happy with the changes, still don't understand why they don't just communicate such things directly or did I miss an announcement from the devs somewhere?