50 million credits for a Guild Ship? Why is it so much Bioware?

Nickious

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People complain about crap being walled off behind the Cartel Market and stuff.

Bioware offers something that is ABSOLUTELY UNRELATED to the Cartel Market. You can have 100,000(!!!) CC and still, you wouldn't be able to acquire a Guild Flagship.

Bioware does so in order to people, I dunno, play with one another and attain a higher goal, a higher purpose, as a guild, regardless of its size.

People complain that it is too much. That it should be half of the original half or whatever.

Seriously...

Edited by Darth_Wicked

My guess is that BW have looked at how many credits people have on average and deciding that small guilds don't need guild ships. The point that there might be small guilds that want one anyway because it's cool might not've been considered interesting enough.

I can see it in general chat: New guild recruiting, can't afford a guild ship yet.

I bet that's gonna go down well. It's gonna be a standard requirement for all guilds and it might make it very hard for smaller and new guilds to get people in.

My guess is that BW have looked at how many credits people have on average and deciding that small guilds don't need guild ships. The point that there might be small guilds that want one anyway because it's cool might not've been considered interesting enough.

I can see it in general chat: New guild recruiting, can't afford a guild ship yet.

I bet that's gonna go down well. It's gonna be a standard requirement for all guilds and it might make it very hard for smaller and new guilds to get people in.

If people can't purchase a Guild Flagship, I'm fairly sure they'll be able to purchase a Guild Stronghold instead.

Again, I see no issue whatsoever, other than people wanting something op for the least amount of effort.

It seems to me that BW may want to make a Guild Ship something that a guild must earn collectively as a unit, instead of the cost being fronted primarily by a small number of individuals. If the average guild wants to get a guild ship, the bulk of the members are going to need to be part of the investment. I'm not sure whether or not this is the best idea, but it doesn't seem like an unreasonable notion to me,

Seriously...

You really want to pay more? Seriously. :eek:

And this is really kind of a detractor away from small guilds. Small guilds sure as hell won't be able to pay for that. It will encourage people to seek bigger guilds however to access the guild ships.

(...) Note: (I'm not mega rich in the hundreds of millions credits like some people I heard are in this game, but I have at least 43 million credits. I sure as hell was not planning on shoving more than 5 million credits toward a guild ship.)

Isn't free will a wonderful thing?

That is a significant investment for a guild to make, more likely than not, only higher ups in the guild like GM and officer will fronting the cost. I seriously doubt most smaller guilds would have that kind of credits. Larger guilds might.

Would you consider a lower cost from maybe 25- to 30 million credits? Even thats alot but not totally unreachable for most people and more reasonable. I hope you do reconsider. Thank you.

inb4themulticreditmillionarescomeinandsayitscompletelyaffordable.

They suggest getting on the PTS and the PTS forums and make your suggestions there.

I'm sitting on 105mil or so and I personally think it's too high a cost and don't believe it'll go live at 50mil.

You really want to pay more? Seriously. :eek:

Kindly explain where I stated that.

And this is really kind of a detractor away from small guilds. Small guilds sure as hell won't be able to pay for that. It will encourage people to seek bigger guilds however to access the guild ships.

Smaller guilds can attain it. Imagine the following scenario...

A small guild with ten people. Each person has the goal of acquiring two million credits each week, which unless you completely revile dailies, is not that hard to acquire truth be told.

Each guild member acquires two million credits every week, starting now. 2 x 10 = 20 million(!) credits, each week(!!!).

In other words, even smaller guilds would be able to acquire enough credits to purchase a Guild Flagship in less than a month, provided they...

- Trust each other.

- Like to play with each other.

- Are deeply invested in the guild.

If there's nothing of the above, then such guild shouldn't even be around quite frankly, provided it would be a "small" guild.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

If people can't purchase a Guild Flagship, I'm fairly sure they'll be able to purchase a Guild Stronghold instead.

Again, I see no issue whatsoever, other than people wanting something op for the least amount of effort.

I would think that if you have 50 members who donate 1 million each or 10 members who have to then donate 5 million each, it's not exactly an equal effort. So in fact members of smaller guilds are required to do more of an effort and so it's not getting it for the least amount of effort.

The credits aside though, I do think this will make it more difficult for new and small guilds as players will expect guilds to have guild ships as a given, not as something unusual. I've always been a proponent of alliances for guilds, but so far we don't have such possibilities.

Just cause you don't see the issue, doesn't mean it's not there though.

I'm fine with the price. Something like this shouldn't be a cheap toy.

Totally agree. If you want a huge ship for your guild that provides buffs and the like expect to pay big. It's something for a guild to work towards and it sounds completely reasonable to me.

And my guild will be purchasing two too, as we have an active community on both factions.

People complain about crap being walled off behind the Cartel Market and stuff.

Bioware offers something that is ABSOLUTELY UNRELATED to the Cartel Market. You can have 100,000(!!!) CC and still, you wouldn't be able to acquire a Guild Flagship.

Bioware does so in order to people, I dunno, play with one another and attain a higher goal, a higher purpose, as a guild, regardless of its size.

People complain that it is too much. That it should be half of the original half or whatever.

Seriously...

Sounds like good motivation to convert those CC into in-game credits! :p

Or to buy CC and convert them to credits reach those high prices. So one could also make the arguement they are urging people to get more coins.

Either way, someone will always be complaining about something.

Edited by Callaron

I would think that if you have 50 members who donate 1 million each or 10 members who have to then donate 5 million each, it's not exactly an equal effort. So in fact members of smaller guilds are required to do more of an effort and so it's not getting it for the least amount of effort.

The credits aside though, I do think this will make it more difficult for new and small guilds as players will expect guilds to have guild ships as a given, not as something unusual. I've always been a proponent of alliances for guilds, but so far we don't have such possibilities.

Just cause you don't see the issue, doesn't mean it's not there though.

Again - IMHO - there's no issue whatsoever, other than people wanting something which is truly op with the least amount of effort possible.

It is indeed. Freewill enabled me to post this thread suggesting a reduction for the cost.

It also gives you the freedom to ignore Guild Flagships altogether, if you don't fancy how much they cost. Absolutely wonderful.

Can you still participate in the Guild Planetary conquest content with only a Stronghold? My understanding is that a Guild Ship is required to participate in that type of content.

If not and Guild Ships are just an epeen thing, then you're right it wouldn't be an issue.

Sounds like good motivation to convert those CC into in-game credits! :p

Or to buy CC and convert them to credits reach those high prices. So one could also make the arguement they are urging people to get more coins.

Either way, someone will always be complaining about something.

I want this item but quite honestly, I want it for Bioware to drop it at my front porch. I'm a very busy person to worry about such frivolities. :D

Can you still participate in the Guild Planetary conquest content with only a Stronghold? My understanding is that a Guild Ship is required to participate in that type of content.

If not and Guild Ships are just an epeen thing, then you're right it wouldn't be an issue.

You are correct that Guild Conquest requires a guild ship.

You are correct that Guild Conquest requires a guild ship.

Aye. Got it confirmed from Dulfy's Q&A.

Guild Flagships

[*]You must have a guild bank in PTS with 50 million credits to purchase the Guild Flagships. Flagship is required for Guild Conquest but not for personal conquest. You cannot purchase it with cartel coins. If you think 50 mil is too much, post your feedback on the PTS forums.

So smaller guilds will be gated out of content as well as not have a Guild Ship.

50 Million is too much. Sorry. But, of course, it will go live. hehe

Edited by DarthOvertone

Aren't you expected to gear up with a certain armor tier to experience HM and NiM for example? Same with ranked matches I assume?

Also, according to Dulfy...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7557033&postcount=1

[You must have a guild bank in PTS with 50 million credits to purchase the Guild Flagships. Flagship is required for Guild Conquest but not for personal conquest. You cannot purchase it with cartel coins. If you think 50 mil is too much, post your feedback on the PTS forums.

There's that as an alternative.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It would be nice for this to reduce but will they is another question. I know my guild doesn't have that right now

(and before you say it---no I hope we never join another guild just for the ship).

Our guild has about 10m-11m and I imagine we will work towards getting this but probably not at launch.

In my opinion this seems to be geared for larger guilds as most people don't seem to care what type of guild they join as long as it gives them what they want and will say things that may not be appropriate. I been in large guilds before and frankly if I had a choice to be in a large guild with a flagship or the one I am in I will stay where I am because at least I know they care about me and will help me.

I want this item but quite honestly, I want it for Bioware to drop it at my front porch. I'm a very busy person to worry about such frivolities. :D

How much is it worth to you? :cool:

On topic: It's pretty clear that they don't want everyone (including all those one person guilds) to just get a ship. It's nothing new, DDO's prices were pretty steep as well.

Besides, 50 million isn't that bad. Many of the veteran players can make several millions a day.

I agree that it will be mostly the officers footing the bill in most cases. Because, let's face it - they are also the ones that can one day decide "Bah, I don't like this game anymore. So I'm just gonna nuke this thing and disband the guild." Goodbye investment to all those members who invested heavily into it.

I imagine the good guilds will do something like getting a mil or two from all the officers and their devoted players though.

How much is it worth to you?

That really is the question isn't it. On the two PvP servers I play, where guilds change with the winds, a Guild Ship just isn't worth 50 million credits. Most of the guilds just don't last long enough to chip in that type of an investment. *shrugs*

I agree that it will be mostly the officers footing the bill in most cases. Because, let's face it - they are also the ones that can one day decide "Bah, I don't like this game anymore. So I'm just gonna nuke this thing and disband the guild." Goodbye investment to all those members who invested heavily into it.

Exactly.