Is it okay to leave before the match starts?

ThirdDementor

Hey everyone. Title speaks for itself. I don't mean 5 seconds before the match starts, but rather when there's still 40-60 seconds. Is that generally considered acceptable? Does it give the team enough time to get a replacement?

I mean, I haven't done it so far, but when the warzone queue pops, I click accept, and I see the dreaded loading screen of Quesh Huttball, I really, really want to.

If its during the countdown? I don't see an issue with it. Chances are you will get replaced before the match starts....unless its like the middle of the night or something. I do it sometimes for hypergate since I hate that map with an extreme passion. I'll play the map most of the time, but sometimes I get that one map 3 or 4 times in a row and I usually start leaving it if I see the map more than once as once is usually all I can tolerate of the map.

It's a lot more tolerable for warzones (8v8) than for arenas (4v4). If you leave an arena, even the second you zone in, there is a HIGH probability that your backfilled replacement will not be able to play the first round, as loading in even a second or so after the round starts is automatically counted as a death.

However there is a certain statistically significant and vocal population who refuses to play any arenas whatsoever (and their reasons are at least somewhat valid), and Bioware's utter refusal to give arenas their own queue means those of us who backfill for the auto-arena-quitters are stuck with their autodeaths. GG EAware. :rolleyes:

Leaving before the match starts is completely fair. I'm often waiting until the last few second before joining - call me crazy but I like all the warzones - and dropped in when a match has just started. What I find lousy, and I'm certainly not alone, is people leaving when they see their team losing. Last night we were getting smashed in Civil War, as in the enemy had 2 turrets in 1 minute and all 3 in less than 5. I counted at least 3-4 players dropping out.

*sigh* thanks for being a decent player.

What I find lousy, and I'm certainly not alone, is people leaving when they see their team losing. Last night we were getting smashed in Civil War, as in the enemy had 2 turrets in 1 minute and all 3 in less than 5. I counted at least 3-4 players dropping out.

*sigh* thanks for being a decent player.

I do somewhat agree; most who bail do so far too quickly, but it really depends *how* you're losing as well though

Hotly contested mid where the other team is clearly stronger/more coordinated doesn't bother me as much. Even though it's most likely a loss it can still be fun if we're all still pushing to at least try and take it back from them. We may actually learn something about ourselves.

Getting three capped as you describe because 3 people went to our off-node and 2 people went to their off node which left just 3 of us at mid to get slaughtered in short order. Our three geniuses that went to our off node all left it undefended and proceeded to go under mid to their off node right after our two over there got killed. Then our three lose a 2 v 3, still not taking it, while some stealther simply walked up and capped it undefended. Now we're three capped. I look at the map, no one is near anything, they're just randomly scattered about the map... sorry but I'm gone at that point. Just not worth the frustration.

I can deal with people on my team that are under skilled, they just need more practice. What I can't deal with is nab behavior such as the one I made up above.

Edited by Ridickilis

You can figure out what queue poped with a little prep work. I use this to avoid arenas without having to load and drop them. Use the who search box and add the following:

55 pit civil void novar hyper orbital square canyon arena

You can replace 55 with 10-29 or 30-54 to get the other tiers. Keep the whole thing in your clipboard and you can just ctrl+v to paste it in the who search as you load screens since it doesn't save. That query will show you who's in active warzones/arenas for the given level range. Refresh the search right when you get a pop and note the names of active WZs and # of players. wait 10-20 seconds and refresh search. It should be pretty apparent after the refresh what warzone/arena is popping.

Hey everyone. Title speaks for itself. I don't mean 5 seconds before the match starts, but rather when there's still 40-60 seconds. Is that generally considered acceptable? Does it give the team enough time to get a replacement?

I mean, I haven't done it so far, but when the warzone queue pops, I click accept, and I see the dreaded loading screen of Quesh Huttball, I really, really want to.

If it is Hutt Ball (either of them) then it is perfectly fine and you might say even encouraged to leave before the match starts.

I leave QB instantly unless I am with a group. There is no though process or consideration. I just leave. I do sometimes the same with HG, but not as much.

I also leave most poorly matched arena games 4 dps vs 1 tank, 2 dps and a healer. No reason to waste your time.

Edited by Ottoattack

It's a lot more tolerable for warzones (8v8) than for arenas (4v4). If you leave an arena, even the second you zone in, there is a HIGH probability that your backfilled replacement will not be able to play the first round, as loading in even a second or so after the round starts is automatically counted as a death.

However there is a certain statistically significant and vocal population who refuses to play any arenas whatsoever (and their reasons are at least somewhat valid), and Bioware's utter refusal to give arenas their own queue means those of us who backfill for the auto-arena-quitters are stuck with their autodeaths. GG EAware. :rolleyes:

If you can't 4v1 you need to pick up your game

:p

Yes, in fact I'd consider it more courteous than A) staying and not really doing much/deathmatching because you're just not into it or B) waiting a minute and then leaving just as it's about to start.

100% agree :D

If your only going to rage quit after you start... Please leave before it starts...

But at least a min if in Arena, because back filling there is terrible and I actually think an arena match shouldn't even start without full teams and you shouldn't be allow to leave if it has started... Really it can be the quickest pvp of all... Unless your doing Ranked... you still get comms, XP... Etc... I always laugh at people, especially healers who rage quit after the first round because they lose...what's the point ?? It doesn't effect any stats and actually gives you some thing for staying in the match even if you lose

What bio should introduce is a lockout for a set period of time if you quit during a match... WoW does this and it seemed effective when I used to play...

There is nothing worse than popping into matches half way through, over and over... I popped into 4 in a row yesterday... I have to say though, once those rage quitters left we won the matches... Maybe they weren't the players they thought they were

I find it's usually the same people too... What I want to know is if they are great players how do they expect their teams to get better if they don't help them learn or are they just rubbish players who can't stand to lose or let anyone think they can't play... It's easy to rage quit to hide your own inadequacies as it is to leave a bad team

There are only a few legit reasons to leave a match... Real life takes precedence, you DC, you have hardware/major lag issues

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.