Means to gain gree reputation and helixs year round

Starglitter

Hi:

Because certain items can only be acquired at the Gree vendor such as off-hand legendary items, it is particulaly harsh that the opportunity to gain reputation and the currency is limited to one week a year; this is really tough upon new players who has to begin at zero.

It occurs to me that the OPS Terror From Beyond, is in fact a Gree Operation, which can be done in a weekly basis and year around. So why not have the last boss drop Gree items upon defeat to all players at the same rate as it is done with Xeno in the Gree Ops?

This way players can year round have a means to earn reputation and currency.

Hugs

Sue

Hi:

Because certain items can only be acquired at the Gree vendor such as off-hand legendary items, it is particulaly harsh that the opportunity to gain reputation and the currency is limited to one week a year; this is really tough upon new players who has to begin at zero.

It occurs to me that the OPS Terror From Beyond, is in fact a Gree Operation, which can be done in a weekly basis and year around. So why not have the last boss drop Gree items upon defeat to all players at the same rate as it is done with Xeno in the Gree Ops?

This way players can year round have a means to earn reputation and currency.

Hugs

Sue

I may be wrong, but I believe the Gree event is two times a year for one week each.

Allowing the acquisition of Gree items all year would, IMO, defeat the one of the possible reasons for having the event only twice a year. That is just my personal opinion.

Hi:

Because certain items can only be acquired at the Gree vendor such as off-hand legendary items, it is particulaly harsh that the opportunity to gain reputation and the currency is limited to one week a year;

This is a second Gree Event in 2014, so it's not just one week a year.

this is really tough upon new players who has to begin at zero.

Everyone starts at some point and everyone needs to put some effort to get the rewards from the event.

It will help new players but bore others. One week would be enough for a player who has been playing swtor for months to get a couple of the rewards = no point in participating in another Gree event as all the items bought by Helix components are easily farmed.

The event needs to cause an effect "Wow, it's rare. I cannot miss it and I need to prepare my alts". Otherwise, it turns out boring after the third edition you participate in just like the BBA.

Edited by PavSalco

Yes, I, too feel some events happen too rarely and some - too frequently. I've been subbed since last November, but this is my first Gree(couldn't participate in the first one, because it was on Ilum and I was still on Belsavis and didn't want to accidentally spoil anything). Three times a year sounds much better. And BBA happens 12 times a year, and, honestly, every 2 months feels much better to me.

Hi:

As a long term member and subscriber to the game, I understand how you feel but remember the Gree Event is held two times a year but that should be changed in the near future.

As a point of feedback though, I do find that special events like the Gree event should be done at least four times a year with a week or two weeks worth and done at a quarterly rate (as in every 3 - 4 months we should have at least two events happen in the same month, and at different times). In this instance I know everyone out there works like some ridiculous hours but whenever it comes to gaming it can be sometimes hard to accommodate. This is something I believe for the next year that Bioware should change the events in terms of when they should be coming out.

With that being said, the Gree Event has been fun to an extent on Ilum but the problem always will be is that PvP section where the rest of the quests are. Furthermore to elaborate on this is sometimes the lack of interest in doing World Bosses and sometimes can be Xeno as it can be repetitive but as this is done on a rare occasion the interest will come back because of the legacy items.

Its good to see people are mentioning about the Gree event and I would like to see something new, creative, productive and something interesting in the near future.

What I do admit about the PvP issue is that for those who play on a PvP server don't have a choice to be unflagged, in that case people on PvE and RP servers tend to be spoilt with the option of not being flagged and just do their own thing. Allow me to rephrase this better, when you are on a PvE or RP server, people who are not used to playing PvP matches out in the open world are not use to it. Warzones are designed for that but in all seriousness the other day I saw a group of Sith were trying to fight their way through the Republic base and stuff things up by possibly killing the vendors and stuff, hell it may seem and sound like fun at the time but not really recommend. That needs to be revised imo.

Ingame I will admit there are a few people whinging about that and as I do see its a two sided argument, but all things considered lets look at expanding the Gree Event to something more indepth and involved. I believe that there should be more content for the Gree Event whenever it has been held. Aside from the World Bosses, why not throw in a couple more to make it more interesting with extra fight mechanics to make it more challenging and perhaps Nightmare version of Xeno 8 and 16man versions (with NPCs fighting alongside with you there no?), with the dynamics of the final fight of TFB platforms and Xeno transforming into different modes just like Titan 6 does, just for fun. With that being said look into the idea of mixing things up around for the next Gree Event and have something else different, be proactive Bioware and keep us entertained.

Terror from Beyond show not be changed but perhaps in all three difficulty modes, a Gree Token can be randomly dropped to collect a legacy item of any time, but if that doesn't happen look into expanding the Gree Event.

Furthermore if the Gree Event were to overlap another event like the Bounty Hunter event, then that could be a good idea for say at the beginning of the month of the Bounty Hunter stuff and then Gree event would appear mid second week. Then the following month on a random occasion done like twice a year would be the Rakghouls or something different.

Overall these are just feedback and suggestions, at the end of the day addressed to the SWTOR/Bioware Dev Team remember that us players have invested a lot into this game. The players out there would like to see new stuff that would share the passion of us enjoying SWTOR and would always welcome a positive change the game itself and see it develop even further.

Edited by Satelerevan

but all things considered lets look at expanding the Gree Event to something more indepth and involved. I believe that there should be more content for the Gree Event whenever it has been held. Aside from the World Bosses, why not throw in a couple more to make it more interesting with extra fight mechanics to make it more challenging and perhaps Nightmare version of Xeno 8 and 16man versions (with NPCs fighting alongside with you there no?), with the dynamics of the final fight of TFB platforms and Xeno transforming into different modes just like Titan 6 does, just for fun. With that being said look into the idea of mixing things up around for the next Gree Event and have something else different, be proactive Bioware and keep us entertained.

I love that idea. This could help new players as well as keep other people entertained.

I also believe that the Gree event should occur either:

4 times a year, each for 1 week

or

3 times a year, in spring 2 weeks, in summer 1 week, in winter 2 weeks again

Edited by PavSalco

My first Gree event was earlier this year. Going into the event I had a main objective: to get enough reputation tokens that I could eventually become Legend status, even weeks after the event ended. I created an Excel sheet that would track the rep tokens on each character as well as calculate how much total rep those tokens would provide toward the end goal of legend reputation status.

I had 3-4 level 55's and did all the content I could, each and every day. In the end, I ended up having too many rep tokens because I forgot to take into account the guild bonus rep. I quickly had maxed out my weekly reputation limit the first week. I saved my tokens for the next week, quickly maxing out again. It took approximately a month after the Gree event had ended and I was Legend status.

It's limited to a week of play time, but you can get enough tokens in that week to end up with Legend status, it just takes time and effort. It would make no sense at all to allow you to do event related things for reputation outside of the actual event. You're basically asking for the Gree event year round, which won't happen because it is a special event.

Just know that you CAN obtain your goal, provided you put in the effort. By the way, you're already a few days behind.

This Gree event, my objective was focusing on getting as many Grey Helix Components as possible for legacy weapons/offhands. I ran 9 different characters through Xeno SM and HM 16man within the past two days and have accrued over 140 components, already having spent about 32. Just requires some effort.

Edited by undiess

All great concepts

When I look at the suggestion I was trying to address players with different concepts of what they like, as a raider having to massacre xeno in sm and hm was a blast and thinkgs worked nicely for me, but an RP player may not look at doing raid stuff and much less PvP, a PvE player does not raid nor PvP and is usually a loner type, and then you have the PvP player who really was the original owner of the planet.

So I was looking for ways the great majority of the players, in their own terms, could get the items they wanted, mainly off hand legendaries, and thus the recommendations.

Incidentally I saw the argument that raiders use all so much used in this thread, if the stuff that drops can be acquried elsewhere, no one would do this anymore. To me such a statement is a serious ciritique of an event or activity, for it insinuates the event or activity is really so terribly tedius or boring or monotous or atbitraty that you have to bribe people to come and do it, for they are so bad that no one in their right minds would want to do it. I really don't think ops, nor pvp, nor the Gree event is this category and that they should be able to stand on their merits without the need of bribery or coersion.

Sue

All great concepts

When I look at the suggestion I was trying to address players with different concepts of what they like, as a raider having to massacre xeno in sm and hm was a blast and thinkgs worked nicely for me, but an RP player may not look at doing raid stuff and much less PvP, a PvE player does not raid nor PvP and is usually a loner type, and then you have the PvP player who really was the original owner of the planet.

So I was looking for ways the great majority of the players, in their own terms, could get the items they wanted, mainly off hand legendaries, and thus the recommendations.

Incidentally I saw the argument that raiders use all so much used in this thread, if the stuff that drops can be acquried elsewhere, no one would do this anymore. To me such a statement is a serious ciritique of an event or activity, for it insinuates the event or activity is really so terribly tedius or boring or monotous or atbitraty that you have to bribe people to come and do it, for they are so bad that no one in their right minds would want to do it. I really don't think ops, nor pvp, nor the Gree event is this category and that they should be able to stand on their merits without the need of bribery or coersion.

Sue

Using your logic, top tier gear, with set bonuses, should be made available for the majority of players to obtain in their own means. BW is, after all, using top tier gear with set bonuses to bribe players to to run OPS, especially HM and NM OPS, just as much as they are using rep tokens and the Gree rep items to bribe players to do the Gree event.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with having different activities provide different rewards, nor with having different activities provide those rewards at different rates.

Using your logic, top tier gear, with set bonuses, should be made available for the majority of players to obtain in their own means. BW is, after all, using top tier gear with set bonuses to bribe players to to run OPS, especially HM and NM OPS, just as much as they are using rep tokens and the Gree rep items to bribe players to do the Gree event.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with having different activities provide different rewards, nor with having different activities provide those rewards at different rates.

I agree with you about each type of activity should have unique rewards, but such rewards should not be functionally unique and exclusionary. While I fully support in the case of the Gree event to have unique looks such as in their armors and weapons; I disagree that that is the only means to earn off-hand legendaries. I would support the concept that the "look" of the off-hands would be unique, but other means such as the Bounty Hunter event should also make off-hand legendaries available for instance.

Now out of curiosity, and clarification, are you stating your belief that BW is in fact having to bribe players to actually do this kind of activities?

Sue

is puting ception at the end of stuff still a thing?

Given the actual use of the word "inception" in the movie Inception, it arguably should never have been a thing to begin with, but that's pedantic nitpicking that I bring up every chance I get for some reason.

I agree with you about each type of activity should have unique rewards, but such rewards should not be functionally unique and exclusionary. While I fully support in the case of the Gree event to have unique looks such as in their armors and weapons; I disagree that that is the only means to earn off-hand legendaries. I would support the concept that the "look" of the off-hands would be unique, but other means such as the Bounty Hunter event should also make off-hand legendaries available for instance.

Would you not say that top tier gear with set bonuses is pretty functionally unique? Would you not say that only being able to obtain said gear from HM and/or NM OPS is pretty exclusionary?

By your logic, BW should make it possible for the majority of players to obtain top tier raid gear with set bonuses in their own terms.

Now out of curiosity, and clarification, are you stating your belief that BW is in fact having to bribe players to actually do this kind of activities?

Sue

No. What you refer to as a "bribes", I see as rewards for engaging in certain activities.

I also do not think that all rewards need to be handed out immediately, nor do I think that every reward be made available all the time.

Would you not say that top tier gear with set bonuses is pretty functionally unique? Would you not say that only being able to obtain said gear from HM and/or NM OPS is pretty exclusionary?

By your logic, BW should make it possible for the majority of players to obtain top tier raid gear with set bonuses in their own terms.

No. What you refer to as a "bribes", I see as rewards for engaging in certain activities.

I also do not think that all rewards need to be handed out immediately, nor do I think that every reward be made available all the time.

Ironically the set bonus from Arkanian is the same for Underworld and Dread Forged, thus the very top gear set bonuses is not functionally unique.

Going back to the case of Off-hand Legacy, what is your argument for them not being available by other means such as Bounty for instance?

I can agree with you, that functionality can be unique to a play style when only beneficial to something specific to that playstyle such as the expertise bonus for pvp which is pointless in pve. But returning to the off-hand legendary, because its legendary and what legendary systems is, I can't agree that the functionality should be limited to the gree event, but the item can be unique in the terms of looks. In fact i would rather have look be the one thing that differentiates the items, so folks can tell at a glance the person earned somethig via events, raids, pvp, blackmarket, etc.

Sue

Ironically the set bonus from Arkanian is the same for Underworld and Dread Forged, thus the very top gear set bonuses is not functionally unique.

It's not functionally unique, but if you want the best gear (ie, with set bonuses) then you need to run the NiM Ops. Rakata et al were the same, they just changed some of the bonuses around RotHC (IIRC).

It's not functionally unique, but if you want the best gear (ie, with set bonuses) then you need to run the NiM Ops. Rakata et al were the same, they just changed some of the bonuses around RotHC (IIRC).

I been telling you, the arkanian, underworld, and dread forge set piece abilities are the same; the values of the armor/hilt, mods and enhancements are different for each type as in amount of value.

If I want the best mods, would be quickest to do NiM OPS hands down, but HM DF/DP OPS do drop these too but not nearly as frequent. But the point is well taken, that to get the very top notch mods, you must do NiM OPS to so expediently, but go figure, such high stats are essentially pointless for anything else than doing NiM OPS, and once you beat NiM with Oricon gear, frankly what is the point in doing NiM all together? Just to say I have the best mods, and have nothing pragmatic to use them for? (Seems kinda dumb, to say: so I can do NiM OPS)

But returning to off-hand legendary, can you please expand on why these special functionality gear should not be available by other means?

Sue

If I want the best mods, would be quickest to do NiM OPS hands down, but HM DF/DP OPS do drop these too but not nearly as frequent. But the point is well taken, that to get the very top notch mods, you must do NiM OPS to so expediently, but go figure, such high stats are essentially pointless for anything else than doing NiM OPS, and once you beat NiM with Oricon gear, frankly what is the point in doing NiM all together? Just to say I have the best mods, and have nothing pragmatic to use them for? (Seems kinda dumb, to say: so I can do NiM OPS)

ePeen & a marginal improvement in stats is the only reason to do NiM Ops (I'd like to be able to do NiM DF/DP, but my guild (& me) don't have the time, co-ordination, skills, etc to do them :().

But returning to off-hand legendary, can you please expand on why these special functionality gear should not be available by other means?

Sue

No idea, it's a bit odd that they weren't on the legacy vendors on Coruscant/Drommund Kaas, unless BW didn't want people to be able to move the off-hand barrels/hits/armourings to alts (but apparently they're ok with moving the main hand barrels/etc). Mind you, the only way to get a legacy bound main hand is from an event, so the lack of legacy off-hand was probably an oversight & the devs generally don't want us moving main/off-hand barrels/etc around with such easily obtainable gear as something bought from a vendor on the capital planet.

Going back to the case of Off-hand Legacy, what is your argument for them not being available by other means such as Bounty for instance?

I can agree with you, that functionality can be unique to a play style when only beneficial to something specific to that playstyle such as the expertise bonus for pvp which is pointless in pve. But returning to the off-hand legendary, because its legendary and what legendary systems is, I can't agree that the functionality should be limited to the gree event, but the item can be unique in the terms of looks. In fact i would rather have look be the one thing that differentiates the items, so folks can tell at a glance the person earned somethig via events, raids, pvp, blackmarket, etc.

Sue

The set bonuses are only one part of the gear. The stats are the other part. I would say that gear that has the best stats AND set bonuses is functionally unique. If you want that functionally unique gear, you must run OPS.

However, by your own argument, players should be able to obtain that functionally unique gear with the best stats AND the set bonuses "in their own terms". It makes no difference whether or not you think the only reason to have the best gear with set bonuses is to do NM OPS. Simply having that gear will make doing dailies easier, if that is all a given player wishes to do.

I see no problem with having rewards tied to events, even infrequent events. Maybe I missed the memo that says that everyone who plays the game or pays a subscription should get everything immediately without having to wait, or get everything "in their own terms".

I see no problem with having rewards tied to events, even infrequent events. Maybe I missed the memo that says that everyone who plays the game or pays a subscription should get everything immediately without having to wait, or get everything "in their own terms".

I never said, just give it away; but you seem to need to blow things out of context to make a point based on what you blew out of context.

Frankly, one can not intellegently argue against such practices...

Sue

I never said, just give it away; but you seem to need to blow things out of context to make a point based on what you blew out of context.

Frankly, one can not intellegently argue against such practices...

Sue

From your earlier posts, we know that you are do OPS.

Here is how I interpret your request.

You want to be able to get the Gree rep and rewards "in your terms" and at any time year round, but you want the functionally unique top tier gear with set bonuses still tied only to OPS. If there is a reward you desire that requires an activity which you do not like, then you want that reward to be obtainable "in your own terms", but if you don't mind doing what is necessary, then you are fine with something functionally unique being tied to a single activity, IMO.

Sounds like a double standard to me, but that is just my opinion.

Everything is within reach, the Gree event was held two times already this year - enough to get Legend rep. You subbed just recently? You will get a shot next time. You don't have more than one toon? You will get there eventually also - if patient enough.

Nothing in this event rewards any gear that is a must-have, it's fluff and convinience only hence I see no reason to make it any easier than it is already.

ePeen & a marginal improvement in stats is the only reason to do NiM Ops (I'd like to be able to do NiM DF/DP, but my guild (& me) don't have the time, co-ordination, skills, etc to do them :().

How cute.

You cannot get the gear so it's just for ePeen. On the other hand you would like to get it even if it just gives a "marginal" improvement in stats.

You have no idea what marginal is like on NiMs.