Must we pay for everything?

Credit sinks are a necessity yeh.

The only thing I would like to see change is the augmentation. It's expensive enough as it is but if you want to change a look the costs are just silly. I would really like augmentation slots be linked to the gear slots and not the actual gear.

Aside from the fee at the Mod Table for actually applying the Augment Kit to the item (which I think maxes out at under 100k per kit for the current highest level of kits), that's not really a credit sink - it's the crafting economy. The money for new kits and the augments themselves (when you buy instead of make them) goes to other players, it's not removed from the economy the way your repair costs/ability upgrade costs/etc. are.

Crafters would take a real hit if that system were changed to link the slots to a character's gear slot instead of the items themselves.

Aside from the fee at the Mod Table for actually applying the Augment Kit to the item (which I think maxes out at under 100k per kit for the current highest level of kits), that's not really a credit sink - it's the crafting economy. The money for new kits and the augments themselves (when you buy instead of make them) goes to other players, it's not removed from the economy the way your repair costs/ability upgrade costs/etc. are.

Crafters would take a real hit if that system were changed to link the slots to a character's gear slot instead of the items themselves.

The game will charge you 32k per augment to augment your gear.

Then the game will charge you between 9k and 11k per mod you need to rip out of old gear to put into new gear.

head, chest, waist, legs, feet, hands, bracers = 7 slots.

32k x 7 = 224k to add augment slots.

head, chest, legs, feet, hands = 3 mod slots each = 15 mod slots x 10k = 150k

waist, bracers = 2 mod slots each = 4 mod slots x 10k = 40k

Replacing your gear, not counting the cost of the gear or anything you have to buy from another character (augmentation kits) costs 414k assuming you don't also want to change your weapon(s). That's 414k you don't get to negotiate with another player and that is removed from the economy forever.

The only crafters that would take a hit if BioWare were to implement something like an appearance tab would be people who craft augmentation kits. But BioWare could code in the requirement for augmentation kits on the appearances in order for the selected appearance to leverage the augments present in the statted gear, so that can easily be a wash, too.

Edited by DarthTHC

Then the game will charge you between 9k and 11k per mod you need to rip out of old gear to put into new gear.

waist, bracers = 2 mod slots each = 4 mod slots x 10k = 190k

Replacing your gear, not counting the cost of the gear or anything you have to buy from another character (augmentation kits) costs 564k assuming you don't also want to change your weapon(s). That's 564k you don't get to negotiate with another player and that is removed from the economy forever.

The post I quoted and the subject of my post was the Augment system specifically, and the suggestion of having the "Add Augment Slot" function tied to your character's gear slot rather than a particular piece of gear.

Per your numbers the most that this specific credit sink currently costs (that isn't going to another player) is 224k every time you want to change your entire outfit. And less if you're only changing select pieces of your look.

That does not strike me as an egregious credit sink, especially when Mod Kits are an important source of income for a lot of crafters. On balance, I definitely say keep it as-is.

Pulling Mods in general is another credit sink entirely, see any of the "Get rid of BoP!" threads from last week for a discussion of the pros and cons of that.

waist, bracers = 2 mod slots each = 4 mod slots x 10k = 40k

Replacing your gear, not counting the cost of the gear or anything you have to buy from another character (augmentation kits) costs 414k assuming you don't also want to change your weapon(s). That's 414k you don't get to negotiate with another player and that is removed from the economy forever.

The only crafters that would take a hit if BioWare were to implement something like an appearance tab would be people who craft augmentation kits. But BioWare could code in the requirement for augmentation kits on the appearances in order for the selected appearance to leverage the augments present in the statted gear, so that can easily be a wash, too.

36k not 32k.

'Cause there ain't no rest for the wicked, and money don't grow on trees.

If you would allow me to continue?

Since we decided a few weeks ago to adopt the leaf as legal tender, we have, of course, all become immensely rich. But we have also run into a small inflation problem on account of the high level of leaf availability.

These credit sinks arnt helping me to buy the new CM mounts.... rancor/walker mount has been around 30 million on my server :(

They help more than you realize. Without proper credit sinks to help deplete the amount of currency being held by all the players on your server, the price would likely be anywhere from 10 to 100 times more than it is now.

They help more than you realize. Without proper credit sinks to help deplete the amount of currency being held by all the players on your server, the price would likely be anywhere from 10 to 100 times more than it is now.

That seems unlikely, for the same reason a new Lamborghini costs over $200,000. Item rarity is a big factor. If there were more walkers dropping from packs, the prices would be much lower.

You don't have 9K on you? I just got done with my Dailys this morning and have an extra 500K on me. Mailed some over to a couple lower level toons (boy, I can't wait for Legacy storage) and will probably have another 500K by the end of the day after hitting a couple HM FPs and selling some drops. What are you doing wrong?

You don't have 9K on you? I just got done with my Dailys this morning and have an extra 500K on me. Mailed some over to a couple lower level toons (boy, I can't wait for Legacy storage) and will probably have another 500K by the end of the day after hitting a couple HM FPs and selling some drops. What are you doing wrong?

The two things most people do wrong:

• They don't loot their kills.
  • They spend like drunken sailors on shore leave in Taiwan.