Character select screen keeps changing

XiamaraSimi

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I love this bug! Definitely needs to be brought up to at least add a zoom-out function to the character select screen. I know from when the game first came out a lot of people wanted that feature. Let's show the love and bring it to life!

I predict one of two things will happen:

1. Bioware will listen to the community and make this a feature

2. Bioware will fix it immediately since people like it.

EDIT: To be clear, I am also in the camp of liking a zoomed out view for character selection.

Edited by DarthBatemanJ

I'd love it if at the character selection screen you could zoom in and zoom out from your character. So you could have the close up bust view (like normal) and then a full body view similar to the one at the character creation screen. That' would make me so very happy.

That said If just leaving this bug in place is as close as we get to that then I'm all for leaving it in place.

Nice view for screencaps of your character. Getting decent lighting while in game is sometimes a pain.

It makes for great character screenshots since the camera angles in game also really suck for that...

But if you have any kind of image editing software you can edit out the exess interior to make some really nice pictures.

Warrior

Inquisitor

Agent

Bounty Hunter

Knight

Consular

Trooper

Smuggler

(If they put in a option like some suggested to let you zoom in and out as you wanted I would be ecstatic, especially if I could get my feet in the shots as well

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I personally don't mind it, but it looks rather weird for Sith Inquisitors. Especially since you can see space because the cockpit ends abruptly. If this bug is to stay, that will need to be fixed. It looks great for Imperial Agents and Bounty Hunters, though! Oh, and making it so it shows the whole body would be pretty awesome too, as someone above me suggested. Edited by AlphaHydri

I always thought it would be nice if the background was of the planet or area the character actually was in when you last logged out (the location listed on their select button). But that is probably a bit much to ask. Too much work that could be spent on a proper gameplay feature.

Still, it would be nice.

Actually this might just be an extension of an existing bug that few may have noticed. When I would first log in, my character on the selection screen would look shorter that they should. When I would select a different character it would be normal.