Gree Event Question

Kremsau

Good afternoon!

This will be my first time being able to participate in the Gree Event, and am really looking forward to the prizes!!

Since I have 0 reputation, is it feasible for me to get to Champion status in one week, given I work 8 hours a day?

Am I limited on a day-to-day basis as to how much Reputation I can acquire? To that note, will the weekly-allowable reputation prevent me from getting to Champion?

There are a lot of factors.

How many alts do you have?

Do you play on PvP or PvE server?

About how amny hours are you going to be able to play a day?

Is all your characters geared enough for HM OP?

Have you read Dufly Gree event guide?

Weekly rep cap won't be an issue since you can use unused token the next week.

Edited by Warrgames

There may be a daily limit per character to how many reputation items you can acquire, and you will be limited by the weekly reputation cap; however, you can save the tokens and use them in following weeks so, yes, it may be possible to acquire enough tokens to reach even the legend rank in one week - if you have enough characters to run through the content while the event is active.

Since I have 0 reputation, is it feasible for me to get to Champion status in one week, given I work 8 hours a day?

There is a limit to how many rep tokens each toon can aquire, since dailies can only be run once a day.

There is also a limit to how many rep tokens you can "eat" each week.

So, depending on how many toons you have, you may be able to get enough rep tokens to get Champion status, but it may take you more than one week to eat them. The good news is that the vendors that sell Gree rep items are always there. I bought some stuff from them last month. :)

Detalis are at http://dulfy.net/2013/02/12/swtor-relics-of-the-gree-event-guide/#b

Edited by BuriDogshin

There are a lot of factors.

How many alts do you have?

Over 50, I have 2. Over 40, I have 3.

Do you play on PvP or PvE server?

PvE, Harbinger

About how amny hours are you going to be able to play a day?

Ehhh, call it 4 hours max. Maybe 8 hours each day of the weekend.

Is all your characters geared enough for HM OP?

Only one is geared for HM.

Have you read Dufly Gree event guide?

I just skimmed it after reading this, and it looks like I wouldn't be able to do it per 2 char's and the weekly Reputation lock.

Added my stuff in red, though I don't think it's likely in my case.

Edit: Having read the additional responses, I'm curious, can you accrue reputation for the vender after the event is over?

Edited by Kremsau

Added my stuff in red, though I don't think it's likely in my case.

Edit: Having read the additional responses, I'm curious, can you accrue reputation for the vender after the event is over?

You cannot get new rep tokens or Gray Helixes until the next Gree event AFAIK.

It will be close. Doing all the dailies on 50 plus characters since they are the only ones that can do the event. Make sure you do World Boss when groups form up since they drop blue rep token. Once you get newcomer rep level there is an item on the vendor that unlocks 2 more dailies on the ability to do event boss. World bosses you can do with any 50 plus character depending on how much of a tool the OP leader is. The event boss is 55 OP boss and drops epic rep tokens. Since you play on PvE server if you are brave there are 2 dailies in the middle of the map, which is free for all PvP. Just slow knock them out as you get ganked as you wait for WB groups to form up.

Mainly depends on how many WB kills you get and if you can get a group to kill Xeno 2 on SM and HM once you get newcomer.

Yes you can access the rep vendors at anytime, you can go to Ilum and the western shelf and see the rep vendors today if you want.

Edited by Warrgames

World bosses you can do with any 50 plus character depending on how much of a tool the OP leader is.

Hahahahaha! I really do appreciate the help, thanks so much guys!

I'll definitely be the silent type, sneaking into the group as just another DPS :rolleyes:

Edit: Damn my eyes, Dulfy has a chart specifying how many weeks it takes. In the best case it's 2 weeks for Champion, with my two char's. One day that lightsaber will be mine....one day

Edited by Kremsau

If you have reached the weekly reputation cap, but still have reputation tokens you haven't used, you can wait until the weekly reset and consume them then. So it is possible to increase your rep over the following weeks if you have accrued enough tokens across your characters.

I got to max rep on the Rakghoul event this way on its first outing. It's much easier to do it with that event though, because characters across a wide level range can take part. If you have a lot of characters you can get a lot of rep. With the Gree, only high-end characters can be gathering rep for you.

3 weeks to eat all the rep tokens yes. You can earn all the rep tokens easily in the single week, eat them to reach the cap, then save the rest till next week. Event will be over, but you can still use the tokens you've already earned.

Over 50, I have 2. Over 40, I have 3.

Um, IIRC the Gree event is tuned for level 55 characters. You MIGHT be able to do the gree solo quests on the 50+ characters but the 40s would get their butts kicked. I think you are outta luck. Sorry

Um, IIRC the Gree event is tuned for level 55 characters.

^^ This

I'm not sure if the last time it was still 50+ or already tuned for 55 but it definitely will be tuned for 55 when it returns. Unless the bolster gets applied again.

The event will bolster toons up to 55. I think you actually only have to be level 47 to get the bolster. Going to milk the event for all the Helixes that I can for those Legacy Offhands.

^^ ditto. I am going to try and fill a few lines of Legacy Storage with them. :)

I have this vision of a Legacy Storage with 8 augmented sets of Bound-to-Legacy 9-piece 180 sets with set bonuses, plus a few more BtL pieces to adjust tertiary stats and set bonus, so that every time I got on a tune I would go to the Legacy Storage, grab the gear I need for the role or roles I intended to play that day (including for a companion if grinding dailies), have fun, and then put it all back in the locker before logging off. Kind of like a Legacy Weapon Locker for all my toons to share.

It would be kind of fun. Makes my Legacy sort of a private army. Gives them stuff to talk about over dinner, like "Hey, Cymarose, last time you borrowed the Gree Blaster Rifle, did you have any issues with excess barrel heat?," and "Z'rho, what's this ... goo ... on the red THORN lightsaber handle?"

Of course, every toon would need his and her own ears, implants and relics for each role. Sharing armor and weapons is fine, but sharing implants is just gross and medically unsound. Earpieces slightly less so, and I'm not sure where you put a relic so I cannot speak to that.

Edited by BuriDogshin

I took my level 50 out there and it went fine!

You must be level 50 to receive the bolster, and even in green's I'm able to take on packs of baddies.

It should also be noted the bolster DOES NOT carry into Xeno's chamber....I found myself going through SM with 15,777 HP...which I didn't mention to the group but we still did it. Huzzzah!

On a side note, I got my weekly reputation cap and 15k rep points in tokens to be used over the proceeding weeks. Feeling good about chances on getting to Champion

Edit: I don't know how to contact Dulfy, but:

"Note that these Gray Helix components are not tradeable and bound to your character. So that cannot be traded between alts to acquire the weapons faster."

Seems to be incorrect, I transferred Helix components to my main for a total of 36 in one day.

Edited by Kremsau

"Note that these Gray Helix components are not tradeable and bound to your character. So that cannot be traded between alts to acquire the weapons faster."

Seems to be incorrect, I transferred Helix components to my main for a total of 36 in one day.

That was correct at the time the guide was posted, but I believe they changed it. Dulfy's guide is slightly out of date.

It was true originally, when the article was written; it was changed around the beginning of this year.

Edited by eartharioch