No credits inside legacy storage. Why?

NajeeSensei

Pretty much what the title says, I am just wondering why the developers have decided not to give us this feature that many of us want for legacy banks. Even if some sort of credit cap of 300k, 1mil, or, whatever had to be put in place. Perhaps even subscriber only.

It should be doable.

Edited by NajeeSensei

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, the mechanics for storing credits and make them accessible by multiple chars exists through the guildbank system. It doesn't seem to be a technical issue to me (though granted I don't know much about it)

I'm really dissapointed by this. :(

because they haven't figured out how to limit it to subscribers only yet? and/or what sort of limits to set for f2p and how?

it may sounds simple to you but doesn't mean its actualy simple. doesn't mean they shouldn't even try, but it does mean that they may not want to add it until they are ready to add it in a way they consider best.

because they haven't figured out how to limit it to subscribers only yet? and/or what sort of limits to set for f2p and how?

it may sounds simple to you but doesn't mean its actualy simple. doesn't mean they shouldn't even try, but it does mean that they may not want to add it until they are ready to add it in a way they consider best.

I considered that but since the guild bank requires an unlock to use as FTP or Preferred, they could release it as subs only for the time being.

They could then introduce an unlock later when they have determined the limitations, furthermore Its hard to imagine they didn't anticipate the difference between FTP and Subs and build such a system in right away. Instead they probably thought it easier to simply not put it in.

So in this case, same for the huge backlash over mannequins reeks of either bad planning, or a half finished system to me.

As for introducing it at a later date, forgive me if based on past experiences I won't hold my breath on that.

Edited by Asunas

I considered that but since the guild bank requires an unlock to use as FTP or Preferred, they could release it as subs only for the time being.

They could then introduce an unlock later when they have determined the limitations, furthermore Its hard to imagine they didn't anticipate the difference between FTP and Subs and build such a system in right away. Instead they probably thought it easier to simply not put it in.

So in this case, same for the huge backlash over mannequins reeks of either bad planning, or a half finished system to me.

As for introducing it at a later date, forgive me if based on past experiences I won't hold my breath on that.

because they haven't introduced improvements at later dates before oh. wait. they have.

and your example of guild bank unlock doesn't really work because once you unlock access - you have pretty much unlimited access, while mailing credits restriction can only be removed via subscription - no unlocks on the market for that.

I'm not seeing this company making F2P more pleasant to play any time soon, whatever concessions they made were done grudgingly and were very minor. so I guess they figured, players can already mail credits across alts so that's one functionality we don't need to rush at the moment.

mannequins.. I wonder exactly why they couldn't figure those out and went with companions instead.... possibly becasue there are no mannequins in a game to speak of?

Edited by Jeweledleah

The way the current f2p system and guild bank works, shows they have the technical abilities to do these things. If it really isn't that simple I want to know what exactly is holding this feature back and if there are any solutions.

Edited by NajeeSensei

The way the current f2p system and guild bank works, shows they have the technical abilities to do these things. If it really isn't that simple I want to know what exactly is holding this feature back and if there are any solutions.

see above, but I'll repeat.

currently unlocking the bank ONCE. unlocks basically unlimited access to it. there are NO unlocks currently to allow non subscribers to trade credits between their alts. ergo, functionality of the guild bank is not going to work for f2p. make it inaccessible altogether you say? f2p is already severely limited, removing access from one of the primary benefits of "free" expansion is low even for bioware. which is probably why they chose not to do it.

they need to separate credit vault from item vault. I would guess that this is the snag they hit.

because they haven't introduced improvements at later dates before oh. wait. they have.

and your example of guild bank unlock doesn't really work because once you unlock access - you have pretty much unlimited access, while mailing credits restriction can only be removed via subscription - no unlocks on the market for that.

I'm not seeing this company making F2P more pleasant to play any time soon, whatever concessions they made were done grudgingly and were very minor. so I guess they figured, players can already mail credits across alts so that's one functionality we don't need to rush at the moment.

mannequins.. I wonder exactly why they couldn't figure those out and went with companions instead.... possibly becasue there are no mannequins in a game to speak of?

O but I never said it needed to be an exact copy of the guild bank system, though it can be seen as a starting point. FTP and Preferred have a limit on the amount of credits they can own right, and a limit on the characters they can make. So a solution would be to simply put a cap on the amount of credits both FTP and Preferred can deposit into their legacy storage bank.

1) Set the limit to the max amount of credits a FTP is allowed on the 2 char's their allowed to have (at least i think it's 2?)

2) If the previous breaks the FTP credit limit then restrict it to 1 character and introduce the system so that no char can ever retrieve more credits to his inventory than the maximum allowed amount for a FTP char.

For that matter they could have tied the credit storage system to escrow, allowing FTP players to see how many credits they have in escrow (a feature I doubt many of them would object to) and as stated being unable to withdraw more then their maximum allowed limit of credits.

And finally, mannequins.... the fact so many people asked for them should have been a clue no? And judging by what I've read I can state i'm not the only one dissapointed by the lack of them.

Edited by Asunas

O but I never said it needed to be an exact copy of the guild bank system, though it can be seen as a starting point. FTP and Preferred have a limit on the amount of credits they can own right, and a limit on the characters they can make. So a solution would be to simply put a cap on the amount of credits both FTP and Preferred can deposit into their legacy storage bank.

1) Set the limit to the max amount of credits a FTP is allowed on the 2 char's their allowed to have (at least i think it's 2?)

2) If the previous breaks the FTP credit limit then restrict it to 1 character and introduce the system so that no char can ever retrieve more credits to his inventory than the maximum allowed amount for a FTP char.

For that matter they could have tied the credit storage system to escrow, allowing FTP players to see how many credits they have in escrow (a feature I doubt many of them would object to) and as stated being unable to withdraw more then their maximum allowed limit of credits.

And finally, mannequins.... the fact so many people asked for them should have been a clue no? And judging by what I've read I can state i'm not the only one dissapointed by the lack of them.

none of yours solutions address the fact that even limited - this system allows people to bypass the "can't mail credits as f2p" limitation. and I would hazard a guess that this is the part they are still working out.

as for mannequins, I'm disappointed as well. there are quite a few armor sets i would absolutely love to display and companion holos are just not cutting it. however. there are currently NO mannequins in a game. there are npc's wearing outfits and displaying them that way, but no stationary, non-living display cases of any sort. again, I'm hazarding a guess that its a completely new code that they would have to write, before its feasible. and I have no idea how complex that code would be. do you?

we're talking about a company that solved the problem of unusable existing chairs by adding emotes instead (I believe new chairs in stronghold are usable, but STILl via emote command). either there are engine limitation, or people limitations, but there are pretty obviously SOME kinds of limitations.

P.S. you can see how many credits you have in escrow already.

Edited by Jeweledleah

none of yours solutions address the fact that even limited - this system allows people to bypass the "can't mail credits as f2p" limitation. and I would hazard a guess that this is the part they are still working out.

as for mannequins, I'm disappointed as well. there are quite a few armor sets i would absolutely love to display and companion holos are just not cutting it. however. there are currently NO mannequins in a game. there are npc's wearing outfits and displaying them that way, but no stationary, non-living display cases of any sort. again, I'm hazarding a guess that its a completely new code that they would have to write, before its feasible. and I have no idea how complex that code would be. do you?

we're talking about a company that solved the problem of unusable existing chairs by adding emotes instead (I believe new chairs in stronghold are usable, but STILl via emote command). either there are engine limitation, or people limitations, but there are pretty obviously SOME kinds of limitations.

P.S. you can see how many credits you have in escrow already.

Aha, I didn't know you could not mail the credits to another char as FTP. I see your point that would be an obstacle for them to overcome.

As for mannequins, well I don't know what it takes to implement such a system, I can only hope that with the vocal demand for them they are eventually implemented. Or perhaps they can use the companion system as a basis for dressing those NPC's you can place in your strongholds, like guards etc.

Thank you for the clarifications. :)

I think it ws a decision that a /emote would be more effective than to go through all existing chairs in game and making them interactive. Because my understanding is that the /chair emote will work everywhere.

Also, I think that if you have mouse or keyboard that enables macros, you could just create a "type /chair" macro, and assign it to one button, and just happily sit everywhere you want. It is my understanding that those macros BW allows...

What do you set the legacy storage at for the F2P who has unlocked additional character slots above the two they get as F2P?

How do you prevent the circumvention of the restriction against F2P mailing credits, even to alts? If they can put any credits into legacy storage with their main and withdraw them with their alt, then they are effectively circumventing that no mailing credits restriction.

What people need to understand is that just because a feature isn't in at launch doesn't mean it won't be added later.

Mannequins, legacy bank credit storage and all that might very well be in the works, but just not ready for release yet.

This is true, however this is not what was said. We were told simply "You cannot place credits in legacy storage". If the developers are talking it over/working on it for a later date, we should be told that like the BoP issue.

Edited by NajeeSensei

see above, but I'll repeat.

currently unlocking the bank ONCE. unlocks basically unlimited access to it. there are NO unlocks currently to allow non subscribers to trade credits between their alts. ergo, functionality of the guild bank is not going to work for f2p. make it inaccessible altogether you say? f2p is already severely limited, removing access from one of the primary benefits of "free" expansion is low even for bioware. which is probably why they chose not to do it.

they need to separate credit vault from item vault. I would guess that this is the snag they hit.

As a note, I wasn't suggesting to make the whole legacy bank subscriber only, just the ability to deposit and withdraw credits. As for the other things you mentioned, while I and most of us are no experts, it does not seem impossible to get past those possible "snags". Surely it isn't that difficult to make two buttons not work if you are not a subscriber....

It must be either something else entirely or the developers do not want to work on adding a withdraw/deposit credits feature to legacy banks period.

Edited by NajeeSensei

My problem is that it has been something we asked since the inception of the legacy, and it seems a bit half-baked. It has such limited uses that it seems to me that it really is going to only be used by hardcore crafters (who have multiple characters with the same crafting abilities).

I'm not saying it should be something hardcore crafters can't use, I'm saying it should have more usage than just that. Credits, with a limit and the rest going to "Legacy Escrow", would be a good option

/signed

This is true, however this is not what was said. We were told simply "You cannot place credits in legacy storage". If the developers are talking it over/working on it for a later date, we should be told that like the BoP issue.

Yeah, I hate when they treat us like this... If they made a decision, why they can't just simply explain?

Yeah, I hate when they treat us like this... If they made a decision, why they can't just simply explain?

I do agree with this. With all respect to the BW crew but their communication has always been an issue. Personally I can live with not getting everything I want as long as I understand it. They do very little to actually clearly explain things as if the world's gonna end if they simply told the truth. It's also because they do have a tendency to give partial information. As they say sometimes a half truth is worse than a lie and I think the same goes for getting half the information.

At the same time their style does remind me a lot of our own IT department at my work. Whenever they update our system they are constantly going back and forth on decisions and giving limited information. Why? Because in fact they are still developing and testing when the update should be done already. It's all about not having enough resources to make the deadlines. So with my frame of reference, seeing similar behaviour, I must conclude that they are not setting their deadlines realistically compared to the resources they have. Strongholds is coming out in a month...well at least the head start is, but they are still in the middle of decision making on various topics. That just means that they are leaving too much to the last moment and if something doesn't work during tests it's an automatic cluster****.

On the other hand, I suppose I do get that they can be a bit embarrassed about having to bring up the subject each time of system limitations™

I mean if there is an issue with f2p accounts, then only make the credit bank option available to subs. But then maybe that's not so easy to do because of, yes you guessed it, system limitations™

Soo, at this point, "legacy storage" is really somewhere between a guild bank with only your toons in the guild, and a guild bank with one alt running the show.

At the end of the day you save 600k.

I suspect that unlocking additional tabs will be cheaper than a guild bank as well and the legacy bank is for yourself only.

Why? Because it wasn't in the game at launch, was never promised to us, and has not yet been added.

And it's not the only feature that's like that.

If you want to get upset and/or complain about things that were never in the game, never advertised as being in the game, never were promised, and are not yet in the game, you have a near infinite list of things to choose from.

Authentic Traditional Jedi Robes, tho, from what I understand, are sort of not on that list (since there maybe was promo material that showed it?) The same can not be said for credits in Legacy Storage. It's definitely on that list.

Edited by BuriDogshin

Why? Because it wasn't in the game at launch, was never promised to us, and has not yet been added.

And it's not the only feature that's like that.

If you want to get upset and/or complain about things that were never in the game, never advertised as being in the game, never were promised, and are not yet in the game, you have a near infinite list of things to choose from.

Authentic Traditional Jedi Robes, tho, from what I understand, are sort of not on that list (since there maybe was promo material that showed it?) The same can not be said for credits in Legacy Storage. It's definitely on that list.

I think your point of view is to rigid here. When you pay a monthly fee in an MMO there is a certain expectation that comes with paying monthly as far as new content is concerned. This is not about whether or not BW has broken any agreements or rules but if they understand their customers and offer what works. People care more about what they feel or believe than facts. No customer feels treated right when a company throws the fine print at them.

It's like need and greed rolls. Per the game rules you are allowed to roll need on everything, however a lot of people feel it's fairer to only roll on what you need with the character you are playing at that moment. It's not a real rule, so the so called ninja looters do not break any rules, but people do feel cheated when someone ninja's "their loot".

With your arguments here you are basically putting BW in the ninja looter position....they didn't break any rules but people still feel cheated but you just wanna slap em with the fine print. As much as it may be true what you say, it's never gonna win any popularity votes and what people feel is what makes them put money in a game.

TL;DR You're doing it wrong ;)

Edited by Tsillah

I think your point of view is to rigid here. When you pay a monthly fee in an MMO there is a certain expectation that comes with paying monthly as far as new content is concerned. ;)

You are wrong about my expectations.

I expect BW to do as they please, and I expect I'll unsubscribe when I stop enjoying the game. That's all.

it is their game, I just play here.

Sure, I'd like a Legacy Bank for creds, and suggested that to BW at the Phoenix Cantina of Feb '14.

I had a whole list of things I suggested, and I would have liked all of them.

But did I expect BW to do any of them? Not unless they said they would.

GSH and LS are an improvement to the game, including features I did not even think of (like the round-trip QT to the Stronghold) that are pretty dang cool. I am happy BW is improving the game, but I liked it when I subscribed, like it more now, will probably like it even more in a month, and think QQing because I didn't get everything I would have liked is childish. YMMV.

Edited by BuriDogshin