What you BoP people should be asking for is....

Reno_Tarshil

That's the marvelous thing! You already can do this, they just don't want to make it easier.

And yet they celebrate that they can finally share crafting mats between characters! Oh wait, you can already do that, LS just makes it easier.

No, I can't. The item is BoP. I have to vendor it or stick in storage to be slowly digested over 1,000 years.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I ask: If my merc picks up a lightsaber, which is completely useless to her and all of her companions, why can't she send it to her brother, the jugg?

"Hey, bro, I killed a Jedi and thought you'd like this spiffy lightsaber of his. Happy Life Day!"

Wait... how many random-drop lightsabers are there that are BoP anyway?

Because I'm willing to bet it's somewhere around zero.

You can send the mods inside, NOT the weapon itself.

It makes no sense for people to want to use that which THEY HAVEN'T EARNED, as far as the shells are concerned.

If it is that IMPORTANT for you though, you can always try to purchase the weapon from the GTN, from a crafter.

That way, you're promoting crafting and people will have less of a reason to b**ch that the CM is sucking the life out of this game. Win Win, right? :cool:

EDIT:

Plus everyone can point out who didn't actually walk the extra mile for that sassy piece of gear you're using.

I get the feeling that you look at each char as separate from all your others because of that statement. Basically you're saying that because this character of mine did the work he is entitled to the item(s) but because my other one didn't he isn't?

You can send the mods inside, NOT the weapon itself.

It makes no sense for people to want to use that which THEY HAVEN'T EARNED, as far as the shells are concerned.

If it is that IMPORTANT for you though, you can always try to purchase the weapon from the GTN, from a crafter.

That way, you're promoting crafting and people will have less of a reason to b**ch that the CM is sucking the life out of this game. Win Win, right? :cool:

EDIT:

Plus everyone can point out who didn't actually walk the extra mile for that sassy piece of gear you're using.

Here's an example of said lightsaber: I ran BT with my merc and looted some lightsaber. It's nothing special, but I want to send it to my jugg to use, just because. I can't do that. I have a worthless piece of garbage in my inventory that I could be using on another character. It is not game-breaking in the least. I just want to make use of the item.

Also, what good is having a legacy if you can't share stuffs? This is a game. It is not so serious. If I, the player, earn something, I should be able to use it with any character in my legacy. This does not hurt the economy. This only helps me, as a player, enjoy the game and use more stuffs.

Do Ops still drop BoP schematics that only that character can use?

I haven't raided in a bit but I know on my Cybertech, I won a schematic for a BoP aim earpiece that does me absolutely no good as I'm a Smuggler. Nobody else in the raid could use it either since they didn't have the correct class/crew skill combo.

If they opened up LS to allow BoP items at least I, as a player, could use an awesome drop that would otherwise go to waste.

Wait... how many random-drop lightsabers are there that are BoP anyway?

Because I'm willing to bet it's somewhere around zero.

Incorrect. And it's only an example, anyway. Replace "lightsaber" with "mount," "pet," helmet," or whatever.

Here's an example of said lightsaber: I ran BT with my merc and looted some lightsaber. It's nothing special, but I want to send it to my jugg to use, just because. I can't do that. I have a worthless piece of garbage in my inventory that I could be using on another character. It is not game-breaking in the least. I just want to make use of the item.

Also, what good is having a legacy if you can't share stuffs? This is a game. It is not so serious. If I, the player, earn something, I should be able to use it with any character in my legacy. This does not hurt the economy. This only helps me, as a player, enjoy the game and use more stuffs.

But we all know this discussion isn't about lvl 10 drops...

This is about end-game content.

And that makes it different.

Incorrect. And it's only an example, anyway. Replace "lightsaber" with "mount," "pet," helmet," or whatever.

Oh I'm sorry, I guess I should have been more specific.

I'm talking about useful end-game lightsabers... you know... not the green stuff you find at lvl 10 that'll be obsolete an hour after you send it to your alt (if you could)

No. No different. Stuffs is stuffs. If the character is qualified to use it (by level or class or whatever), then they should be able to use it. It strengthens the relationship of the characters in the legacy. And, it makes me, as a player, happier.

Funny I thought I was talking about items from lvl 1 to 55 not just the 55 stuff or was I only supposed to care about the 55 items?

I get the feeling that you look at each char as separate from all your others because of that statement. Basically you're saying that because this character of mine did the work he is entitled to the item(s) but because my other one didn't he isn't?

Correct, as far as the original shells are concerned, whether it's a lightsaber, a blaster rifle or an armor piece.

Makes no sense to me to see a fresh LV55 wearing a Rakata armor set, when it wasn't obviously obtained with that character.

Again, if people make such a fuss of having a certain character using a certain item, look it up on the GTN and purchase it there.

Not that complicated really.

It's not worthless. You can make use of the mods inside the shell.

Trading the shell around would be silly, since yet again, the other character did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to earn it.

You can share stuff. You just can't share what you've achieved sith a specific character, as far as armor shells or weaponry is concerned.

As it should be.

Also, like I mentioned already, if you have that much of a desire to have a Sith walking around with a specific LS, check the GTN for it. Most crafters reverse engineer them for a sweet profit on the GTN.

However, truth be told, FACT remains that you want the all cake with the least amount of effort and expense. That much is clear.

Funny I thought I was talking about items from lvl 1 to 55 not just the 55 stuff or was I only supposed to care about the 55 items?

Well, that's the viewpoint of someone who only sees the leveling process as a hurdle to reaching end game, where the "real game" starts. :rolleyes:

I control every one of my characters Darth...if I have it, I've "earned" it.

Incorrect.

You may control that which you have achieved with a specific character. It does NOT give you the right to freely share it across your Legacy, thus giving the impression you've earned something which you actually haven't with that specific character.

It pretty much comes down to that. Same line of reasoning applies to relics, implants and earpieces.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It's not worthless. You can make use of the mods inside the shell.

Trading the shell around would be silly, since yet again, the other character did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to earn it.

If that's the way you want to play your characters, fine. Don't try to tell me how to play mine. Thanks.

Incorrect.

You may control that which you have achieved with a specific character. It does NOT give you the right to freely share it across your Legacy, thus giving the impression you've earned something which you actually haven't with that specific character.

It pretty much comes down to that. Same line of reasoning applies to relics, implants and earpieces.

That line has already been crossed Darth. I know a lot of people who have alts they'd rather not play, but they do if needed (tank or healer mostly)...I believe they've earned EVERYTHING they get, despite the character they needed to use to acquire it.

My achievements as a player should not be limited to a singular character imo.

If that's the way you want to play your characters, fine. Don't try to tell me how to play mine. Thanks.

No one is telling you how to play the game last I checked.

What is being said is that you're NOT ELIGIBLE to take advantage of something you haven't actually EARNED, with a specific character.

Wanna obtain some cool item, with a specific character? Grind, or if you prefer, play the game as it is, a game you supposedly greatly enjoy.

Simple, isn't it?

Incorrect.

Then explain the Legacy items you receive while doing your class stories....

Bioware gave me a way to get strong gear and share it across my legacy, Birthright and Inheritance. I can give a mainhand inheritance that I earned with my Smuggler to my Trooper alt.

I'm sorry, but all I see is this leading to people swapping items from char to char and whining incessantly because now they "have nothing to do" even more then they -already- do because time spent getting gear for each seperate toon will be gone..

Time sinks are in games for a reason, you might not like them, but they are.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

The character did nothing, unless you're asserting that the characters are sentient and can move of their own accord.

You just can't share what you've achieved sith a specific character

I wonder then why achievements are legacy wide and not character wide? And I wonder what the legacy gear is for?

I'm sorry, but all I see is this leading to people swapping items from char to char and whining incessantly because now they "have nothing to do" because time spent getting gear for each seperate toon will be gone..

Time sinks are in the game for a reason, you might not like them, but they are.

I disagree. It would give me MORE things to do on MORE characters. The lockouts are the hurdle at 55, not the gear - we already have a way to bypass most of the gear already.

That line has already been crossed Darth. I know a lot of people who have alts they'd rather not play, but they do if needed (tank or healer mostly)...I believe they've earned EVERYTHING they get, despite the character they needed to use to acquire it.

They've earned everything they get with that character, as far as armor shells and weaponry is concerned.

My achievements as a player should not be limited to a singular character imo.

As far as armor shells and weaponry is concerned, yes it is.

As I've said in the past, I have no issue whatsoever with Bioware reintroducing old armor shells in the game, especially because I was ALWAYS against the very concept of seeing them removed.

I am however - AND WILL ALWAYS BE - against the very notion that people would walk around using gear they haven't earned, with that specific character.

Again...

Wanna have a specific look? Walk around with a specific weapon?

Grind. It's very the essence of every single MMO.

You'll be entertained for a significant amount of time and even better, you'll have less time available to complain about no content, especially when you're the one who wants to ignore a significant part of it, whether it's new or retooled.