What you BoP people should be asking for is....

Reno_Tarshil

Calm yourself.

Instead of freaking out, you could at least try to make more sense of what you said earlier.

Nah. You shocked me with that. I expect that type of reply from MANY people, not from you.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. You shocked me with that. I expect that type of reply from MANY people, not from you.

Again...

Not sure why.

If people are not fans of the grinding, would you urge them to keep playing an MMORPG? Of all things? Seriously?

I've said this SEVERAL times in the past. Not sure why you're so surprised.

I haven't told you to go away if you're not satisfied with the current release cadence or over the fact Bioware is tight lipped about everything.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Not sure why.

If people are not fans of the grinding, would you urge them to keep playing an MMORPG? Of all things? Seriously?

Because I had more respect for you than I should have, that's why. I play MMOs for the groups, not the grinding.

Calm yourself.

Instead of freaking out, you could at least try to make more sense of what you said earlier.

I'm not telling anyone to go away. I'm just saying that if someone has an issue with the grinding, which holds TRUE for every single MMO out there, then maybe this genre is not for them.

As for any respect you claim I may or may have not garnered, that is honestly not my main concern when I share my PoV.

I assume you think differently and more often that not, you prefer to be in everyone's good graces, instead of being honest about something. Good to know.

I think enough people here know that I'm honest in what I post. I have no problem letting my opinions be known and to debate them.

Anyway, this would, in no way, remove the grind. You make it seem as though no one will do anything except stand around on fleet to show off their fancy armor once they get a full set. Sorry, that's just not how it will work. It will encourage people to play content more frequently because they could play it with more characters. As they do this, they'll still pick up gear because maybe they don't like equipping/unequipping every time they change characters. For the few that are cool with doing that... there aren't enough of them to ruin the game in the manner that you think it will.

I only want items like Armor plating, mods, enhancements, hilts, and barrels BOL for easier recycling. Endgame armors, weapons, implants, earpieces, and relics I could careless about. :p

With the recent addition of BoL Gree off-hands, this is completely doable now. And another Gree event is coming soon, so if you need to, you can grind for Helixes. The one exception is for droid armorings, but none of your toons are droids - and I doubt that will be the next playable "species."

Like me, the game is already giving you what you want in this regard.

Because I had more respect for you than I should have, that's why. I play MMOs for the groups, not the grinding.

Whatever you say really.

Welcome to early 2013 I guess, when I said to someone that he should seek out greener pastures if he wasn't a fan of grinding.

I think enough people here know that I'm honest in what I post. I have no problem letting my opinions be known and to debate them.

Same here.

However, it would seem that when you state the obvious, some semblance of respect you haven apparently(?) earned - I didn't even knew there was a "respectometer" - fades away faster than Baras' breakfast.

Then again, it's also possible that it is the kind of comment people do, when they run out of things to say.

Anyway, this would, in no way, remove the grind. You make it seem as though no one will do anything except stand around on fleet to show off their fancy armor once they get a full set. (...)

I haven't.

In fact, I asked what people would want to do with their new LV55's, if they had everything already handed to them from another LV55 they had.

Except for TuX, who's response doesn't really add up IMHO, everyone pretty much ignored it.

Sorry, that's just not how it will work. It will encourage people to play content more frequently because they could play it with more characters. As they do this, they'll still pick up gear because maybe they don't like equipping/unequipping every time they change characters. For the few that are cool with doing that... there aren't enough of them to ruin the game in the manner that you think it will.

Last I checked, you don't need über power gear to run SM's for example.

If people have a character filled to the brim with Oriconian gear, what is exactly the incentive to continue running instances that drop tokens below that AR or that rewards comms to purchase that EXACT(!!!) type of gear?

It's the exact same kind of reasoning why you DON'T get gear properly itemized, whether it drops from FP's, operations or is purchased from vendors:

So it extends the lifetime expectancy for whatever content they come to include and retool. THIS IS TRUE FOR EVERY SINGLE MMO OUT THERE.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

All the people saying that everyone will suddenly roll need on everything that drops are missing something: Most people don't have every single class and archetype and do not need every single type of gear that will drop in a given FP/OP.

"I need it for my vendor." Everyone has a vendor they can sell drops to. Yes, it is a jerk move, but people do it.

I'm with reno and wicked on this.

I get the uneasy feeling of an underlying "I don't want to have to re-do all the content with my third LvL 55 character" vibe to all these requests for BoP to be removed.

OK. So let's go there.

What's the downside of not forcing people through the same content they've already done multiple times, when either way they still need to earn that item in the first place?

I always marvel at the anti convenience posts. Its really no different than the old guy complaining that kids have it easy nowadays...

Whatever you say really.

Welcome to early 2013 I guess, when I said to someone that he should seek out greener pastures if he wasn't a fan of grinding.

Same here.

However, it would seem that when you state the obvious, some semblance of respect you haven apparently(?) earned - I didn't even knew there was a "respectometer" - fades away faster than Baras' breakfast.

Then again, it's also possible that it is the kind of comment people do, when they run out of things to say.

I haven't.

In fact, I asked what people would want to do with their new LV55's, if they had everything already handed to them from another LV55 they had.

Except for TuX, who's response doesn't really add up IMHO, everyone pretty much ignored it.

Last I checked, you don't need über power gear to run SM's for example.

If people have a character filled to the brim with Oriconian gear, what is exactly the incentive to continue running instances that drop tokens below that AR or that rewards comms to purchase that EXACT(!!!) type of gear?

It's the exact same kind of reasoning why you DON'T get gear properly itemized, whether it drops from FP's, operations or is purchased from vendors:

So it extends the lifetime expectancy for whatever content they come to include and retool. THIS IS TRUE FOR EVERY SINGLE MMO OUT THERE.

No. People still need to "grind" the gear that is appropriate to their character. And, really, what percentage of players do you think have hordes of 55s. Hint: not as many as you think. This may help people get more enjoyment out of the story part, which, I dare say, most people who play this game like. Not everyone is clamoring to get to end game and grand dailies and Ops and FPs.

I haven't.

1 example I can think of:

If I had a new level 55 decked out in full Oriconian gear that would give me(and my guild) 2 different options to raid. Some guilds can't have every person there every raid night. This would allow for a stop-gap fill in to allow the raid to continue.

This could also work if the raid needed to sit my dps out to gear someones alt dps. I could take their place healing.

Edited by SteelPiranha

1 example I can think of: If I had a new level 55 decked out in full Oriconian gear that would give me(and my guild) 2 different options to raid. Some guilds can't have every person there every raid night. This would allow for a stop-gap fill in to allow the raid to continue. This could also work if the raid needed to sit my dps out to gear someones alt dps. I could take their place healing.

Yes. A prime example of how this would enable MORE playing of content, rather than less.

No. People still need to "grind" the gear that is appropriate to their character. And, really, what percentage of players do you think have hordes of 55s. Hint: not as many as you think. This may help people get more enjoyment out of the story part, which, I dare say, most people who play this game like. Not everyone is clamoring to get to end game and grand dailies and Ops and FPs.

Consider it...

If you have a Sentinel on one side using Oriconian gear all around, having just fully leveled a Marauder on the opposing faction, where is the "need" to grind with your Marauder, provided that EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF GEAR IS BOL?

Consider it...

If you have a Sentinel on one side using Oriconian gear all around, having just fully leveled a Marauder on the opposing faction, where is the "need" to grind with your Marauder, provided that EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF GEAR IS BOL?

I need to gear that character for convenience. Equipping/unequipping constantly would be a chore for someone as lazy as me. Or I might choose not to. What's the big deal? If I have a merc and a sniper, they need different gear. There a more differences than similarities.

1 example I can think of: If I had a new level 55 decked out in full Oriconian gear that would give me(and my guild) 2 different options to raid. Some guilds can't have every person there every raid night. This would allow for a stop-gap fill in to allow the raid to continue. This could also work if the raid needed to sit my dps out to gear someones alt dps. I could take their place healing.

English is not my native language so quite honestly, I'm having some difficulty understanding what you're trying to say here.

Could you rephrase please?

I need to gear that character for convenience. Equipping/unequipping constantly would be a chore for someone as lazy as me. Or I might choose not to. What's the big deal? If I have a merc and a sniper, they need different gear. There a more differences than similarities.

The big deal is what I mentioned earlier repeatedly: The less people feel the need to redo content, the worse it will be for its life expectancy, both for new and retooled content.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Consider it...

I have more legacy gear than I know what to do with. I have a Commando and a Merc in their own gear because I like their respective looks and I don't want to have to mail back and forth. Also I don't use the commando as much so gear isn't as big an issue. One is in nearly BIS 180, the other is in oriconian comm gear, both augmented.

Edited by MillionsKNives

A Bind on Legacy item converter.

Rather than them go thru the huge hassle of redesigning LS to let you put BOP items in there for your alts, you should be asking for a service to convert your BOP items (for a fee) into BOL if you so desire.....

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/51522587.jpg

I would never ask for this since I think it is a horrible idea but I will not be surprised if they implement such a feature for a rather large cartel coin fee....

Consider it...

(raises hand), my Sentinel shares it's gear with my Maurader.. fully. PvP, PvE. Let's just for the sake of common sense exclude earpiece, implants, relics. Those are not BoL. So those I had to save and purchase or grind content for.

I love sharing the gear. I love it so much I do the exact same thing on my Vanguard and Powertech as well as on my Shadow and Assassin. It's very effective for grinding comms as well as working on set pieces and grinding them PvP comms/gear.

I'm exactly the person you're talking about and I'm honestly having the time of my life sharing the gear and enjoy the class x2. I just do wish I had more design choices for BoL.

Edited by undiess

I'm with reno and wicked on this.

I get the uneasy feeling of an underlying "I don't want to have to re-do all the content with my third LvL 55 character" vibe to all these requests for BoP to be removed.

More on the lines of, "I don't want to re-do all the content with my third lvl 55 Character and HAVE TO PAY FOR IT"

English is not my native language so quite honestly, I'm having some difficulty understanding what you're trying to say here.

Could you rephrase please?

Ok. I'm on a raid team as rDPS and I have an alt healer. The Guild Leader, who mains a healer, has an alt that's rDPS needs to be geared. We switch spots. I go healer on my alt. He goes dps on his.

Since I have full Oriconian gear on my healer alt, I'm able to make up for his loss of healing. He takes all the dps gear to gear his alt. We clear and go home.

You can send the mods inside, NOT the weapon itself.

It makes no sense for people to want to use that which THEY HAVEN'T EARNED, as far as the shells are concerned.

If it is that IMPORTANT for you though, you can always try to purchase the weapon from the GTN, from a crafter.

That way, you're promoting crafting and people will have less of a reason to b**ch that the CM is sucking the life out of this game. Win Win, right? :cool:

EDIT:

Plus everyone can point out who didn't actually walk the extra mile for that sassy piece of gear you're using.

Even better, most of the Endgame weapons have Cartel Versions of them you can purchase

More on the lines of, "I don't want to re-do all the content with my third lvl 55 Character and HAVE TO PAY FOR IT"

Exactly, since this thread is about a fee for changing items into legacy gear.

I am getting allergic to all the fees I have to pay extra eventhough I have been a subscriber since pre-launch

No.

What they're asking is for Bioware to substantially cut down the need to play content on your every single LV55 you have, only to complain about it shortly after.

i can safely say i dont play some of my toons because they dont have the gear. ive grinded gear on so many toons i dont have the drive nor the time to grind even more. making everything BoL or BoP items tradeable within you legacy via legacy storage would drastically increase play time on many of my toons

Ok. I'm on a raid team as rDPS and I have an alt healer. The Guild Leader, who mains a healer, has an alt that's rDPS needs to be geared. We switch spots. I go healer on my alt. He goes dps on his.

Since I have full Oriconian gear on my healer alt, I'm able to make up for his loss of healing. He takes all the dps gear to gear his alt. We clear and go home.

But if I understood correctly, you have two separate armor configurations, one for each character, correct? They're not using the same.

What I was saying earlier is that if Legacy-bound gear becomes prevalent, the less of an incentive people will have to redo content since there's nothing for them there.

Right now, even if it's only Arkanian or Underworld, you need to do the content if order to obtain them. If you go for Oriconian, you still need to do stuff, including things outside operations if you fancy it.

If you prefer to resort to the GTN or trade mats for the item you need, you still need to play the game for credits.

If you make every single piece of gear BoL, including Relics, Earpieces and Implants, what I said above no longer implies. You'll be effectively cutting in half(?) the lifetime expectancy of content, as I've mentioned earlier already.

Edited by Darth_Wicked