Legacy Storage?

idnewton

Well, that might constitute a problem with retroactively changing already multiplied items or not?

I don't see why they would bother with that - just make it a change going forward, not to effect current pieces already taken out of the CM.

Edited by undiess

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have thought about this since the news about legacy storage went public. At first I was disappointed that no BoP items were able to be transferred but I have come to the conclusion that it is the best for now.

Lets try out what they have in store for us when 2.9 launches, perhaps it is good enough for us perhaps not.

Time will tell :tran_wink:

Edited by Icestar

Coming back to the question on BoP items being transferred I don't think it would be much of a problem, you've obviously had to work on another character to get that stuff. Sure in PUGs with ops maybe a few would need on everything but that happens already and there's already an easy way to deal with that which is put the loot to Master Looter or just make it clear at the start that anyone needing on something that isnt for their class without permission is kicked. Also, it would be truly awesome if we no longer had to sit through the painful first few hours of PvP at 55, instead getting the gear on a better geared guy and sending it via storage, and I think it would encourage more people to join in if theres a better benefit than WZ comms or a tiny chance for winning crafting mats in ops. Please wave your mystical wand of power and get us this Eric <3

Please note: If this has been asked and answered please bare with me.

Exactly....EXACTLY how big will legacy storage be? 200 slots like our current Storage? Or will it be more? Crafting mats alone I will probably fill 200 slots. I am hoping its more. And can Credits be stored there as well?

I think it was 80 slots with the chance to buy more lockers around your stronghold

I think it was 80 slots with the chance to buy more lockers around your stronghold

(Copy Cargo Hold) (Cargo Hold) (Call it Legacy storage). Will likely be just like our current cargo holds where we have up to 5 tabs that likely require purchasing each additional tab. I don't see them going through any additional effort to make it any different.

EDIT: Corrected terminology from "Bank" to "Cargo hold"

Edited by undiess

(Copy Cargo Hold) (Cargo Hold) (Call it Legacy storage). Will likely be just like our current cargo holds where we have up to 5 tabs that likely require purchasing each additional tab. I don't see them going through any additional effort to make it any different.

EDIT: Corrected terminology from "Bank" to "Cargo hold"

Not likely. Pretty sure Eric stated that is how they work. We get first tab free from completing the intro quest, and can buy additional tabs with credits or CCs. Would be nice if they added a credit bank, but I highly doubt it. Either that or it would have subscriber restrictions - after all they restrict mailing of credits between alts already if you aren't a subscriber. Probably to try to avoid workarounds of the credit cap.

Not likely. Pretty sure Eric stated that is how they work. We get first tab free from completing the intro quest, and can buy additional tabs with credits or CCs. Would be nice if they added a credit bank, but I highly doubt it. Either that or it would have subscriber restrictions - after all they restrict mailing of credits between alts already if you aren't a subscriber. Probably to try to avoid workarounds of the credit cap.

Right, thats what I meant with the Cargo Hold, we can have up to 5. And the Cargo Hold we have now starts with 1 tab and you purchase additional, I believe? It's been a long time since I didn't have maxed tabs so I can't remember how many we originally started with.

Got few questions about Legacy Storage:

1. Can I name Legacy Storage tabs?

2. Is there a cap for tabs in legacy storage?

3. Is there any reason why reputation items are BoP? Is there any reason why I cant place them in legacy storage?

Edited by Darkzleh

1. Can I name Legacy Storage tabs?

2. Is there a cap for tabs in legacy storage?

3. Is there any reason why reputation items are BoP? Is there any reason why I cant place them in legacy storage?

1) We don't know.

2) We don't know.

3) Not sure I understand the question. Which rep items are you talking about? The ones that drop from CM packs?

Because the reputation they give you when you use them is Legacy wide, so why not?

(Assuming you are talking about that kind of rep item, and not the things you can get once you have enough rep.)

Because the reputation they give you when you use them is Legacy wide, so why not?

In my opinion this is ill. For example. If I get few rep items on one char. Then few rep items (same reputation for example Section X Reputation items from daily and weekly missions) on other char. And few more on few other chars. I need to do lot of relogs and count. If I can put all on Legacy Storage it will be way easier.

Edited by Darkzleh

In my opinion this is ill. For example. If I get few rep items on one char. Then few rep items (same reputation for example Section X Reputation items from daily and weekly missions) on other char. And few more on few other chars. I need to do lot of relogs and count. If I can put all on Legacy Storage it will be way easier.

When you use them, they go away, the rep is legacy wide.

If you're at max rep, then sell them, they have no further value.

Why can we not have credits in our legacy vault? Was that thought through at all?

They need to rename the Legacy Storage to reflect what it actually is. It's incredibly limited from what it might have been.

They need to rename the Legacy Storage to reflect what it actually is. It's incredibly limited from what it might have been.

Agreed. You can mail money... so... but... it can't go in the legacy storage... makes no sense.

Edited by siegeshot

As of Game Update 2.9, you cannot place or "transfer" BoP items through your Legacy storage. I will say that this issue is something that we will continue to discuss internally and could potentially change in the future.

Folks....this doesn't mean they didn't allow it and that is the end of it. The post clearly states they are going to continue to talk about it and could potentially change it in the future.

That means it's still up in the air. Might be allowed eventually, might not. FOR NOW it will not be allowed.

It's silly to ignore the actual post IMO.

Don't forget that there are quotes from well over a year ago about other things that many have taken to be "promises" and for which, many are still asking for ETA's.

I, personally think it highly unlikely that they will change their minds. I think there "still being looked at" comment may have been designed to give themselves a little wiggle room, if they decide to change their minds. It also allows players to think it might happen at some unforeseen point in the future. That's just my opinion, of course.

Don't forget that there are quotes from well over a year ago about other things that many have taken to be "promises" and for which, many are still asking for ETA's.

I, personally think it highly unlikely that they will change their minds. I think there "still being looked at" comment may have been designed to give themselves a little wiggle room, if they decide to change their minds. It also allows players to think it might happen at some unforeseen point in the future. That's just my opinion, of course.

That's my feeling. There is nothing so permanent as a temporary solution. Nothing so immovable as something already in place.

I suspect you know nothing about software development.

I suspect you don't know anything about Bioware's intentions, process, or what they could or could not have done, or why they did or did not do a thing.