Stuck between Jugg or Powertech

ACZedo

Some friends wanted to give this game a go around. They are new to the mmo world. I was able to convince one to make a sorc healer. The other went agent, not sure what path they plan to go from there. I guess where I am stuck is between the Jugg or Powertech. I just want to tank, tank to help defend/guard them in open world pvp and in wz's if I can ever get them in there.

Either play style, from what I read would work for me, just curious if one out shines the other when it comes to defending people.

Some friends wanted to give this game a go around. They are new to the mmo world. I was able to convince one to make a sorc healer. The other went agent, not sure what path they plan to go from there. I guess where I am stuck is between the Jugg or Powertech. I just want to tank, tank to help defend/guard them in open world pvp and in wz's if I can ever get them in there.

Either play style, from what I read would work for me, just curious if one out shines the other when it comes to defending people.

They're probably equals in that regard.

Both can shield (guard) an ally, and both can taunt enemies. (When used on players it means they do less damage to everyone that isn't you)

Vanguard's got better AoE capabilities, which might mean better threat management. Both Jugg and Powertech are good when switched to DPS spec. (Field Respec option in character perks is a very useful one - lets you switch between a dps tree and a tank tree at your whim, costs 200k, but it's worth it).

Ah kk.

Guess it comes down to, do I want to pull people away from my friends, or jump to their aid.

Actually it comes down to do you want to use a lightsaber or a blaster?

Juggs can jump to enemies and friends both.

Powertechs can jump to enemies and yank enemies to them.

In the end, they are equally good at tanking (more or less). But do you want to use a lightsaber or a blaster?

I would say jugg, nothing against powertech, with jugg you get a leap, ally leap that lowers threat and gives them 20% Dr , you get force push which punts people away from your and away from your allies, and much better dcd's , and your aoe taunt gives a small shield to allies, there is a slightly higher learning curve to jugg though. And you get a light Saber :) and complete personnel prefresnce, I enjoyed sith warrior story line more, went light side

Hope that helps

I'm particular to Juggernaut, but only because it has a special place in my heart from so many memories I have on that character. Both are amazingly fun classes. Quite honestly, I would just recommend picking the class which has the most aesthetic appeal to you.

(1) [TANKING]

Powertech Wins

if you are big on tanking, then you should play the powertech. its by far the most enjoyable tank class in the game in my opinion. You get a jetpack charge AND a force-pull (grapple). its especially fun in pvp, but even if you just pve the powertech still wins.

(2) [DPS]

Juggernaut Wins

The juggernaut's two dps trees are pretty fun. Both powertech and juggernaut dps is really bone headed and simple.. The powertech's dps trees are extremely klinky! Be warned. BUT, both of those 2 classes perform absolutely just fine, so don't think you'll suck. I am speaking in terms of entertainment value and gameplay.

- if you think you'll dps in pvp the juggernaut is hands down the way to go. if you don't care for pvp then you can play either juggernaut or powertech, it wont matter for pve (they are both bone headed rotations).

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

Well.. Juggernaut certainly has more "in your face!!!!" feel to it.

And the powertech is a lot more "GET OVER HERE!" scorpion style. With a high "I'm awesome! so f off!" attitude.

Stories and companions are both rather equal. While nothing has triggered more... sith-like-feelings than Quinn for me. :mad:

I'd totally go for style. The pendulum of what is strongest is going to swing with any patch. And nothing is worse than being stuck on a class you don't like that also sucks. ;)