indepth pvp question

KumbayaGOD

hello all

i have been pvping awhile but i need to have some questions that i dont understand and maybe people here can shed some light

1. I had seen many occasion that jug or sin missing offhand , is that bug or intentional ? i mean they equip it but not show when inspect player

2. can we switch focus target ? for example in 4 v 4 we have 2 sorc/sage , and our team decided to attack healer 1 until pop bubble and then hit healer 2 and then back to healer 1 when he/she finish bubble

can we immediately switch from 1 target to another ?

3. on 4 v 4 we can see the other team on opposite side and mark them , but on 8 v 8 we cant see on the other team but many occasion i see some people somehow know how many healer and mark them in starting area

do i miss some setting ?

4. how to make comment in WZ ? many time i see people like player A spitting on you or player B laugh at you , how you could do that ? because we cant select the player name like in 4 v 4

hello all

i have been pvping awhile but i need to have some questions that i dont understand and maybe people here can shed some light

1. I had seen many occasion that jug or sin missing offhand , is that bug or intentional ? i mean they equip it but not show when inspect player

2. can we switch focus target ? for example in 4 v 4 we have 2 sorc/sage , and our team decided to attack healer 1 until pop bubble and then hit healer 2 and then back to healer 1 when he/she finish bubble

can we immediately switch from 1 target to another ?

3. on 4 v 4 we can see the other team on opposite side and mark them , but on 8 v 8 we cant see on the other team but many occasion i see some people somehow know how many healer and mark them in starting area

do i miss some setting ?

4. how to make comment in WZ ? many time i see people like player A spitting on you or player B laugh at you , how you could do that ? because we cant select the player name like in 4 v 4

1. it's a glitch.

2. by clicking on player or in 4v4 enemy op window will switch you but that only way to be sure..tgt closest enemy is an option hot key but it is not very precise unless you know you want closest enemy.

3. it depends on the stage and weather they are stealth or not...many stealth stay in stealth cause they know this.

4. type name manual or maybe they in guild even though on other team so it easy...also click enemy op bar on player allow you to emote them

1. it's a glitch.

2. by clicking on player or in 4v4 enemy op window will switch you but that only way to be sure..tgt closest enemy is an option hot key but it is not very precise unless you know you want closest enemy.

3. it depends on the stage and weather they are stealth or not...many stealth stay in stealth cause they know this.

4. type name manual or maybe they in guild even though on other team so it easy...also click enemy op bar on player allow you to emote them

1. ok

2. ok so the only way is click the ops window to switch target ,ty

3.ok for non stealth one how can u see them in starting are ? can u see them like in arena ?

4.so let say i want to say hello to opposite side player A, i should do: /say hello to A ? is this correct

3. There are certain combinations of position in the starting area, camera direction and zoom that will allow you to manually target the enemy team members through the starting gate before the match has started.

I know it's possible on Novare coast and Voidstar, that's why I always stay in stealth or to the side of the barrier, behind a solid wall until 2-3 s before the zone starts.

2) you can actually use the build in focus target and acquire focus target's target function, so only one guy in your team has to manually switch. the situation you described sounded like you had some agreed strategy from the start, so pick one of your team to be your "target caller" (they died out a bit with the dead of 8v8 ranked), you all put this person on focus target.

The fight starts he pick the target you all should attack, you hit your aquire focus target's target keybind. derp derp derp sorc pop bubble, your caller switch to secondary target, again aquire focus target's target... derp, derp derp, etc ... etc, etc

This has the advantage that actually one one person has to get the new target by either clicking on the icons the, the player or tab targeting.

The focus target mechanic is quite powerful and i would say not so many people actually use it.

2) you can actually use the build in focus target and acquire focus target's target function, so only one guy in your team has to manually switch. the situation you described sounded like you had some agreed strategy from the start, so pick one of your team to be your "target caller" (they died out a bit with the dead of 8v8 ranked), you all put this person on focus target.

The fight starts he pick the target you all should attack, you hit your aquire focus target's target keybind. derp derp derp sorc pop bubble, your caller switch to secondary target, again aquire focus target's target... derp, derp derp, etc ... etc, etc

This has the advantage that actually one one person has to get the new target by either clicking on the icons the, the player or tab targeting.

The focus target mechanic is quite powerful and i would say not so many people actually use it.

I was going to point this out. It is especially useful for focusing a stealther as it allows you to automatically retarget them when they exit stealth (assuming you do not switch focus targets while they are in stealth).

derp derp derp ... derp, derp derp

OMG This killed me so bad xD

On a serious note though...don't expect people to know what focus target is, or to use it...I haven't been in a single pug WZ where even after saying "Focus target off Bob" (Bob being very an anonymous leet DPS'er) anybody except me focused off Bob...