The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A PvP a Day...

DomiSotto

I have credits and CCs to spare, so what I did was grab one of my unused toons from BC and use it as a mule.

I got Narqath going in about a day or two after trying out the right amount of Alacrity for her.

The free 60 token didn't hurt either, I can't level again. Azaxul will stay level 35 forever.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the process of leveling was really cool for me when I was learning the ACs and when the pop is strong & I had a partner in crime/had someone I did not group with, but who played at the same time and I've liked seeing in a pug. But with the weak pop and the one-shot-'em all leveling through the stories I have already played at least twice, yakes. Edited by DomiSotto

Well, the process of leveling was really cool for me when I was learning the ACs and when the pop is strong & I had a partner in crime/had someone I did not group with, but who played at the same time and I've liked seeing in a pug. But with the weak pop and the one-shot-'em all leveling through the stories I have already played at least twice, yakes.

It's not only the weak pop, but there's no real incentive to group up anymore.

I can solo everything, and Tactical FPs suck.

It makes leveling a boring chore, instead of a fun game like it used to be.

Yeah, hence I think I will just grind Heroics for cred for augmentation on my Sorc, right off the Fleet. Can't finish this one fast? Next un', please, and so on. Borefest as well, but it at least pays compared to dragging my sweet b across Voss, Belsavis and Corellia... yeah.... Edited by DomiSotto

I have credits and CCs to spare, so what I did was grab one of my unused toons from BC and use it as a mule.

I got Narqath going in about a day or two after trying out the right amount of Alacrity for her.

The free 60 token didn't hurt either, I can't level again. Azaxul will stay level 35 forever.

rofl I know how it is. I had a 42 merc healer, and wanted to get her to 65. I just couldn't. I simply cannot grind pve on this game, it's awful. And grinding pvp mids for XP? HAHAHA! It's just as bad! I hate mids pvp soooo much now.

I got a 60 token, made a new female merc healer lvl 60, pushed her to 65 and voila no hellish grind through mid levels! Sad in many ways...

rofl I know how it is. I had a 42 merc healer, and wanted to get her to 65. I just couldn't. I simply cannot grind pve on this game, it's awful. And grinding pvp mids for XP? HAHAHA! It's just as bad! I hate mids pvp soooo much now.

I got a 60 token, made a new female merc healer lvl 60, pushed her to 65 and voila no hellish grind through mid levels! Sad in many ways...

Sad thing is I used to find PvE fun.

I still have my old 192/198 set somewhere.

Sad thing is I used to find PvE fun.

I still have my old 192/198 set somewhere.

Ditto. Somehow pve was pretty cool when this game started. Now it's just ugh. I have not managed to

finish any of their newer single-player story stuff on even ONE toon. :(

Luckily, though, I still find lowbie and midbie pvp mostly fun. So I can still level that way. I have sparks up to 61 now, so I should be able to transfer her back to EH soon as a 65. :)

Lol, Lhancelot and I were queueing together all night the mids on the Hawk. :) Really missed a Sin tank... heh. :p

The best zone by far was the 3 vs 4 arena where we started with 3 sorcs (Lhancelot's, Mine and #3 we have not met before) vs 2 Juggers and a Sniper, and won round one. Then they got another Jugger, and beat us up. Then, well, the other guys killed our companion, and Lhancelot and I went real offended on behalf of the sorcs everywhere and called upon the UNLIMITED POWAR! Yep, you've got it! We beat them up 2 vs 4. Well, we've got called hackers! That's the first for me!

I blame Lhancelot's OP sorc. That's right. He was tots OP. Mine was fine, I swear.

Nowhere near close to the 2K+ I used to do on her. :o

Lol. But we got alternatively ground into dust and had hard fought for losses the rest of the night pretty much.

Edited by DomiSotto

Lol, Lhancelot and I were queueing together all night the mids on the Hawk. :) Really missed a Sin tank... heh. :p

The best zone by far was the 3 vs 4 arena where we started with 3 sorcs (Lhancelot's, Mine and #3 we have not met before) vs 2 Juggers and a Sniper, and won round one. Then they got another Jugger, and beat us up. Then, well, the other guys killed our companion, and Lhancelot and I went real offended on behalf of the sorcs everywhere and called upon the UNLIMITED POWAR! Yep, you've got it! We beat them up 2 vs 4. Well, we've got called hackers! That's the first for me!

I blame Lhancelot's OP sorc. That's right. He was tots OP. Mine was fine, I swear.

Nowhere near close to the 2K+ I used to do on her. :o

Lol. But we got alternatively ground into dust and had hard fought for losses the rest of the night pretty much.

Yep we had good matches mostly, and some rough ones too. Good practice it's been a few weeks since I played sorc. Guess I need to shake the rust off my alts! They are getting dusty on the shelves. :p

rofl I know how it is. I had a 42 merc healer, and wanted to get her to 65.

What the hell does having a ''merc healer'' even mean ? lol

Have you heard of respec?

This reminds me of a certain phenomenon i have been seeing forever. Some people apparently play only 1 spec per class. This is insane, don't you get bored?

No matter what class i play i respec every 1 or 2 hours lol.

Every time I see S-Key I tunnel them.

who doesn't? :rak_03:

Edited by Kaedusz

Ya know, I've changed my attitudes, flip-flopped, gone schizo over the years to now I'm one of those players that remains silent in a warzones except to make the calls, etc. if you can't say something nice, don't speak. Lately I have been even trying to coach the less experienced.

But it's getting old in 65's with all the <65 valor combined with the <1500 expertise. I realize these folks might be alts of more experienced players but not when you see 3+ guarding a pylon, death-matching in their end zone, etc.

Is there a server where most of the 65's are seasoned pvp'rs? Might as well use them 90cc transfers. I don't care about "premades" or "toxic chats". I'm just pining for the old days when ranked was 8x8 and endgame was endgame.

I've been queueing up a lot on Harb hoping to find you guys.

Every time I see S-Key I get paranoid as ****, so I tunnel them.

(Scratch head) Tec might be playing still late at night or did those other guys actually put together the second S-key? Whenever I queue it's just me. :(

Is there a server where most of the 65's are seasoned pvp'rs? Might as well use them 90cc transfers. I don't care about "premades" or "toxic chats". I'm just pining for the old days when ranked was 8x8 and endgame was endgame?

You can only make sure that you play with the select folks you really like by being in a guild or by pre-arrangement. Folks queue up, and play in a pug. 'Tis what it is.

Edited by DomiSotto

(Scratch head) Tec might be playing still late at night or did those other guys actually put together the second S-key? Whenever I queue it's just me. :(

You can only make sure that you play with the select folks you really like by being in a guild or by pre-arrangement. Folks queue up, and play in a pug. 'Tis what it is.

I tried PvPing with guilds and friends to counter toxicity premades, but when it is you and 3 or 4 guildies, and a premade that runs all sorcs and AP PT's and tunnels single targets, just no. #SmallServerProblems.

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes I feel that I am super-lucky that the game put me on the Binger by default when I started.

This reminds me of a certain phenomenon i have been seeing forever. Some people apparently play only 1 spec per class. This is insane, don't you get bored?

I can't do it. I have a hard time switching between the characters because I can't remember how to play each. If I have to switch between the specs on one character it would be even harder. Plus the whole changing of keybinds (though I can see that it is possible to swap bar 1 and bar 5 to do that), but that and gear sets makes it even less appealing. It is easier for me to level another character of the same AC in a different spec.

Edited by DomiSotto

Anywhere from 0 to maybe 16-20 depending on how the week went & raids for me. If the going is good and I have time, it's hard to stop, if I am tired, I try to just do a daily, so it is slightly over an hour. Two or three times I played an all-nigher because I had a frustrating feeling that I am just not quite getting the character and/or wanted to win 'just one (more) zone' on a day of losses. Edited by DomiSotto

I don't see a lot of them, but I see a few S-Key Commandos going around solo also saw one S-Key Imp, I forgot the guild name.

I keep making friends in game. I helped one guy with an HMFP and he started queueing with me and another Jug.

I only play one spec per class, but I have tried all of them. Usually there is one that just clicks with me and I roll with it.

Edited by Ruhun

I think I was getting on a bit later than you usually play, Banderal, between the nice weather and the gym, though I keep checking for you.

My mando and merc are Glean and Glaen, if you wanna say hi or cut me down to size (not hard, really, but I can see how a lot of folks might find it fun, heh) :) I have not run anything else on the Harbinger in the last few weeks. On the Hawk, I am playing Last'spark in the Imp midbies, that's pretty much it for now. I want to get her at 65 to see if I would want to buy a L60 Merc for the Hawk instead, since I am not very keen on leveling atm.

I think I was getting on a bit later than you usually play, Banderal, between the nice weather and the gym, though I keep checking for you.

My mando and merc are Glean and Glaen, if you wanna say hi or cut me down to size (not hard, really, but I can see how a lot of folks might find it fun, heh) :) I have not run anything else on the Harbinger in the last few weeks. On the Hawk, I am playing Last'spark in the Imp midbies, that's pretty much it for now. I want to get her at 65 to see if I would want to buy a L60 Merc for the Hawk instead, since I am not very keen on leveling atm.

Well hitting you with the glow stick would be saying hi. :p

I had a lot of Arenas on Harb, like way more than usual. Which is great, I love them, but I had 5 in a row.

We took down some trinity premade, which was awesome.

Edited by Ruhun

What the hell does having a ''merc healer'' even mean ? lol

Have you heard of respec?

who doesn't? :rak_03:

To anwer your first question, yes I have heard of respec.

For the informative answer you can read this if you really have to know how I play and manage different specs.

Ok, so here is how I play the game. I typically like a motif or idea of a character and the spec usually plays a part in it. Usually I outfit it a certain way that fits in my mind how I want it to look.

For instance, I might want a trashy looking female scoundrel that heals. Changing her spec to dps doesn't fit my idea of her.

Also, I don't like changing gears of a toon to fit a different spec. I also don't like reaaranging hotbars and abilities to accomodate the change in specs.

To fit my preference in gaming, I have toons for every spec i want to play. A healing commando, an IO commando, a gunnery commando. Yeah, I will have 3 different characters representing each spec.

To answer your second question, yes I do get bored and that's why I have tons of alts and tons of different specs I play.