KDY Bolster seems to throw repair bills (and possibly skill costs) out of whack

Transairion

I can't see any other reason for my lvl 15 character wearing empty level 9 shells to possibly have a 12,000 credit repair bill otherwise. Basically I've been doing KDY in fully broken armor because the repair bills are way too high.

I'm not sure leveling up skills in the 20-30's should really cost 8,000 credits each either but that may be a feature where planetary questing pays more, I'm not sure.

Repair bill is high because you keep dying a lot. Don't complain about bolster when you don't even have basic stats.

If I die and ruin my armor on Coruscant, the repair bill to fix it isn't going to be 12000 credits. At least, I sure hope it wouldn't be.

Also I tested it by dying once and the repair bill was almost 1000 credits

15k repair bill for LV9 shells though? Either the OP is not being entirely truthful or something is probably off.

12,000 repair bill for level 9 (Collector Edition Imperial Army Uniform) empty shells that I bought then wore and started KDY as soon as I hit the lvl 15 minimum.

12k repair bill is freaking nuts, that's a lvl 55 repair bill NOT a lvl 15 bill.

Edited by Transairion

As stated in my guide in my sig (page 3) I ran KDY about 120-130 times this weekend running a toon from 10-50. A couple things I would point out. Doing this, or even any other method, still requires a boat load of credits. Just buying all my abilities from 10-50 and speeder license #2 and #3 ran me about 1mil credits. When you are leveling normally the cost is no different but you're constantly earning more money and it doesn't seem so high over a longer period of time. So you have to have this money upfront.

Another thing is that gear still matters. Yes you are bolstered, but the stats you have are also bolstered. So if you are geared properly, then those stats will be bolstered properly. You earn way more planetary comms in KDY that just normal questing. I generally (and did this time as well) go ahead and craft armorings/hilts/ears/implants/crystals roughly 10 levels apart (15, 21, 31, 39/41) and then buy mods and enhancements with planetary comms from the Supplies area planet vendors. But doing KDY I maxed planetary comms like 3 times. So I don't even know if you need to craft armoring, etc.

But that said, you definitely cannot be running even tactical fp's ungeared. You should have plenty of comms to throw mods in those slots in your empty shells.

As stated in my guide in my sig (page 3) I ran KDY about 120-130 times this weekend running a toon from 10-50. A couple things I would point out. Doing this, or even any other method, still requires a boat load of credits. Just buying all my abilities from 10-50 and speeder license #2 and #3 ran me about 1mil credits. When you are leveling normally the cost is no different but you're constantly earning more money and it doesn't seem so high over a longer period of time. So you have to have this money upfront.

Another thing is that gear still matters. Yes you are bolstered, but the stats you have are also bolstered. So if you are geared properly, then those stats will be bolstered properly. You earn way more planetary comms in KDY that just normal questing. I generally (and did this time as well) go ahead and craft armorings/hilts/ears/implants/crystals roughly 10 levels apart (15, 21, 31, 39/41) and then buy mods and enhancements with planetary comms from the Supplies area planet vendors. But doing KDY I maxed planetary comms like 3 times. So I don't even know if you need to craft armoring, etc.

But that said, you definitely cannot be running even tactical fp's ungeared. You should have plenty of comms to throw mods in those slots in your empty shells.

So you basically ignored my entire question/point to give a "Learn to Play" speech?

I'm not sure how my dying affects anyone but me even when I tried to man-mode with my non-existent gear, since you can just respawn and run straight back to the fight with Rocket Boost. The only time I've had a KDY group wipe this entire week was when someone decided to aggro every single mob on one side of the prison area for some reason.

I may be mistaken, but is it not true that you are better off naked than with empty shells? KDY came too late in my "evolution" to do anything but goof with it. I got more armor rating and stats while naked than I did with empty shells on....and of course slightly better stats with shells that actually had armorings, mods, and enhancments {than if naked}. I even tried comparing a full birthright suit {MH and OH included}...the filled shells were still slightly better for the specific lvl tested.

Perhaps they changed this? But yeah just curious why you would be running with empty shells since last I tried that I got almost no armor rating {just what was on the blank shells}...but when I went naked I got armor lol. Suffice to say I stayed with the shells filled with planet comm garbage and was better off out of all the options I tested.

As to the repairs I cannot say I ever noticed anything special.....but perhaps they broke it again and somehow bolster is having an effect {assuming you are lvling and repairing inside the lame *** place}. Considering KDY came across to me as something one of the Devs kids put together on a weekend nothing surprises me.

As to the repairs I cannot say I ever noticed anything special.....but perhaps they broke it again and somehow bolster is having an effect {assuming you are lvling and repairing inside the lame *** place}. Considering KDY came across to me as something one of the Devs kids put together on a weekend nothing surprises me.

Hmm... maybe the system racks up repair costs for you as if you actually had the bolstered gear quality? Would be interesting to see if there's a large difference between going naked, in "bad" gear or fully tricked out suits.

I can't see any other reason for my lvl 15 character wearing empty level 9 shells to possibly have a 12,000 credit repair bill otherwise. Basically I've been doing KDY in fully broken armor because the repair bills are way too high.

I'm not sure leveling up skills in the 20-30's should really cost 8,000 credits each either but that may be a feature where planetary questing pays more, I'm not sure.

I would post a bug report if I was you, I did Tacticals for the whole weekend, my repair bill yesterday was about 500 credits.

Try not repairing inside KDY. My theory is that the repair bills are calculated at each vendor when you open the vendor. If you're not bolstered at the time, the repair bill should be scaled correctly.

Oh, and stop dying so much? The only time I die in KDY these days is when two idiots are in there with me. One idiot alone is insufficient to do it, though they do die quite a bit themselves. ;)

I'm not sure how my dying affects anyone but me even when I tried to man-mode with my non-existent gear, since you can just respawn and run straight back to the fight with Rocket Boost. The only time I've had a KDY group wipe this entire week was when someone decided to aggro every single mob on one side of the prison area for some reason.

- You only add minimal amount of damage

- You die very quickly if you get aggro

Group can't advance to next scenario fast enough if you're at medcenter.

Try not repairing inside KDY. My theory is that the repair bills are calculated at each vendor when you open the vendor. If you're not bolstered at the time, the repair bill should be scaled correctly.

Very good theory!!!

I have found in-KDY repairs to be equivalent to out-of-KDY repairs, so I don;t know what happened here.

I also don't die that often - I ran it a bunch of times yesterday, and only died in one run.

Of course, I died like 7 times in that run because the tank was an idiot, and I couldn't even finish because first the tank, then another player dropped and we couldn't get replacements. But each time my level 46 player had to spend about 1K credits.

News Update! Content not designed to be used exclusively to level may not provide everything you need when used exclusively to level! More at 11.

Erm, what does that have to do with level 9 empty gear requiring a 12k repair bill? You can't possibly call that intended.

Oh, and stop dying so much? The only time I die in KDY these days is when two idiots are in there with me. One idiot alone is insufficient to do it, though they do die quite a bit themselves.

Theory is wrong, I already tried repairing outside KDY without any kind of bolster, still expected me to pay 12,000 credits for lvl 9 empty shells.

"Stop dying so much", LOL. Really? You try leveling a tank at lvl 15 vs lvl 55 mobs with 99% of the time 3 DPS for allies (so no heals), even trying to avoid as much aggro as possible I'll still pull from others if they're too timid.

This is pre-55 KDY, being a low level tank is about as hard as it can get.

- You only add minimal amount of damage

- You die very quickly if you get aggro

Group can't advance to next scenario fast enough if you're at medcenter.

I'm glad I never got matched with you then if you think that's what happens.

Even at lvl 15 nobody cared because I was back to the fight within 10-15 seconds thanks to Rocket Boost even if I did die. "Group can't advance", what kind of tripe is that? If they wouldn't be able to advance (I've yet to have a single group even fully die without someone getting aggro on half the mobs in the FP at once) without me, they'd have bigger issues. Like being unable to kill mobs 3 v 1 instead of 4 v 1.

Do you think when people die they just sit on the floor until combat ends instead of just respawning and running back immediately?

Perhaps Legacy equipment has a high base repair cost? That is the only thing I can think of.

Possibly, but the gear in question isn't Bound to Legacy.

Edited by Transairion

I ran KDY from levels 15 to 43 wearing my lvl 13 planet comms armor. Saved a boatload of time and resources otherwise spent on gearing every few levels.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.