Survival of the Nerdiest

Silenceo

Quite a few older characters in this now that I think about it...

Ancient Assassin Droid

200+ year old shape shifter

55 year old jedi path finder

76 year old dark jedi

I wonder if that Corellian Corvette was really an elderly cruise... ;)

We were all taking a nice leisure cruise to a vacation spot because we are all getting way to old for this crap.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to the force powers, I believe you are referring to tutaminis? *force absorb is a different power, though under the same tree.* Force Absorb is strictly a lightside power, however, Tutaminis is the root of absorb which allows jedi/sith to deflect/absorb blaster bolts, and if they are powerful enough, lightsaber blades for short amounts of time. Force Absorb is a version that is available to the light side users which effectively absorbs force energy thrown at them.

Deflecting blaster bolts is a go, but being able to temporarily block lightsabers without a lightsaber I am iffy on...Seeing how jedi/sith are supposed to remain on an average power range. Other than that issue with the absorption, it looks like it is ready to go. *letting the Expert Juyo form past due to limited force powers, which indicates a light saber duelist, correct Karadron?*

Yes h e is an expert, and I'm not Karadon lol

Edited by Nalathemaster

Anywho, I have the application saved in my Word doc like this.

Name: Thorn Odam (Nalathemaster)

Profession: Dark Jedi

Items: single bladed light saber (red blade)

comlink

3 days of rations

Species: Human

Force Powers : lightning, force push ,choke ,force absorption (able to block blaster bolt with hands)

Armor: wears traditional sith armor

Biography : Thorn is a manipulative, cruel male who was on The Ship to try and find a great source of power, He will stop at nothing to gain power. He is also an expert in the juyo lightsaber form.

I vote Korriban

If that works, then Nala's application is all set.

Can you change his age to sixty six? I don't want him to have a heart attack lol

Oh god...Just imagined HK-47 all decrepit trying to play shuffle board will threatening every meatbags life around him, just...wow....If you thought he was crotchety before... :p I am never going to un-see that image...

HK-47 - THREAT: Get out of my hanger young meatbags! Begone before I find my blaster to terminate you!

Side Note: Nalathemaster I again apologize for mistaking you for someone else, but I really need to know if these changes to Thorn Odam are acceptable, and if so, if he is then ready to go?

Just changed his age a bit, other than that , I'm good to go :)

Edited by Nalathemaster

Just changes his age a bit other than that , I'm good to go :)

Alright, and again, sorry bout the mix up! :o

Currently this is what the details are set as:

comlink

3 days of rations

Force Powers : lightning, force push ,choke ,force absorption (able to block blaster bolt with hands)

Biography : Thorn is a manipulative, cruel male who was on The Ship to try and find a great source of power, He will stop at nothing to gain power. He is also an expert in the juyo lightsaber form.

Is everything correct? *I thought I saw a request to remove force absorption, but when I refreshed page I couldn't find it...oh well!*

With my identity now in question I'm going to have to change my avatar. :eek:

But Karadron, it t'was an honest mistake! You are still a Mandalorian! No! Don't do it! PUT THE BLASTER DOWN!

Side Note: I blame half asleepishness! :p

Edited by Silenceo

Alright, and again, sorry bout the mix up! :o

Currently this is what the details are set as:

comlink

3 days of rations

Is everything correct? *I thought I saw a request to remove force absorption, but when I refreshed page I couldn't find it...oh well!*

Good to go!

But Karadron, it t'was an honest mistake! You are still a Mandalorian! No! Don't do it! PUT THE BLASTER DOWN!

Don't worry I got a promotion. :D

Oh and here's my ticket for the cruise.

Character Name: Karadron Fyaren

Force Adept

Species- Miraluka

Skill(s)- Dual Weapons

Clothing- Simple clothes

Items:

1. 2 Vibroblades

2. A field kit

3. Tool Kit w/ some synthrope in it

Short Bio: After leaving home during his rebellious teenage years Karadron travelled the galaxy first working as an assassin, but then after a change of heart worked to undo the wrongs he had committed. A jack of all trades who learned most of his skills and abilities by experimentation.

Special Abilities: Pyrokinesis, simple telekinetics, Force speed, Force cloak, resistance to poison and disease,, Shatterpoint, Mind Tricks, Force Healing.

Planet Vote: Felucia cause I don’t want to go to the Shadowlands

Don't worry I got a promotion. :D

Oh and here's my ticket for the cruise.

Force Adept

Species- Miraluka

Skill(s)- Dual Weapons

Clothing- Simple clothes

Items:

1. 2 Vibroblades

2. A field kit

Short Bio: After leaving home during his rebellious teenage years Karadron travelled the galaxy first working as an assassin, but then after a change of heart worked to undo the wrongs he had committed. A jack of all trades who learned most of his skills and abilities by experimentation.

Special Abilities: Pyrokinesis, simple telekinetics, Force speed, Force cloak, resistance to poison and disease,, Shatterpoint, Mind Tricks, Force Healing.

Planet Vote: Felucia cause I don’t want to go to the Shadowlands

Guessing the abilities are instinctual knowledge? *since no formal training* (Other than that question, looks good to go, I was hoping there would be a Miraluka!)

Side Note: Little iffy about shatterpoint, though since it is not a jedi/sith character, it shouldn't be as unbalanced. Anyone have objections to it? *remember, definitely not Windu level people!*

Edited by Silenceo

Side Note: Little iffy about shatterpoint, though since it is not a jedi/sith character, it shouldn't be as unbalanced. Anyone have objections to it? *remember, definitely not Windu level people!*

I'm not sure how I feel about Force Cloak, Force Heal, AND Shatterpoint all being at the fingertips of an untrained Force Sensitive. That doesn't seem plausible.

How powerful exactly will Force users be?

Only up to average level in force power. So no Kenobi's, or Qui-gons, Dooku's...you get the point.

Side Note: Heading off to class for a few hours, Star, by chance can you cover the questions while I am gone?

I'm not sure how I feel about Force Cloak, Force Heal, AND Shatterpoint all being at the fingertips of an untrained Force Sensitive. That doesn't seem plausible.

Hmm... good point. I will talk to Karadron when I get back. Force cloak and MAYBE force heal can be learned instinctively in certain situations, but not so sure about shatterpoint...

Here's how I see it for him.

Force cloak is something he discovered when he was an assassin, stealthy sneaking in and out of somewhere would have been helpful.

Shatterpoint is more of seeing peoples weakest point rather than the other versions of it.

Force heal is more in terms of a natural gift he has, and uses it more to help others, although he can heal himself if he has the time.

Here's how I see it for him.

Force cloak is something he discovered when he was an assassin, stealthy sneaking in and out of somewhere would have been helpful.

Shatterpoint is more of seeing peoples weakest point rather than the other versions of it.

Force heal is more in terms of a natural gift he has, and uses it more to help others, although he can heal himself if he has the time.

I would assume its because he has a nock for biology? thats usually where a nac for force healing comes from.

Edit: Karadon considering you are a young Jedi hopeful, and mine is an Old Been through to much Jedi and we are on the same cruise, and your character is very jack of all trades. It could be very likely my character discovered yours on what ever planet you were on and was now taking you back to the temple. With that it could explain where you started to pick up powers like Mind Trick, Healing, And the poison resists. As the first 2 my jedi is above average/ very experienced in and the other 2 he is of moderate skill but would often consider that integral.

Your latent talent would be very intruiging for a character such as mine, so even if we just met on the cruise its very possible my character passed some knowledge onto you about certain Techniques in the force in a pseudo Master/apprentice thing.

This is of course if your ok with any of that.

Edited by tunewalker

Karadron, here is a list of proposed changes to have your character not be too powerful, and yet adequate for one that is not formally trained. Feel free to debate, disagree, agree or ect, but either way we will need to reach a conclusion before tomorrow at 9 pm PST. Everyone else, feel free to give feedback, ideas, ect so that this may go swiftly.

Pyrokinesis: Due to how widespread this ability is said to be, it is allowed. However, I do feel that it shouldn't be too advanced since this character picked it up instead of being taught it. Perhaps limit it to small scale?

simple telekinetics: How simple do you mean? *other wise sounds fitting*

Force speed: Again, how much? Is it a minor speed boost, or is it more of a pronounced difference?

Force cloak: Due to the effectiveness of such a power, and due to lack of a formal training in force powers in general, perhaps instead of full out invisibility, would it be acceptable to limit it to a camouflage-like nature?

resistance to poison and disease: Good as is, many force sensitives have this.

Shatterpoint: This one is really hard to deal with, since while rare, it has such varying degrees... I would suggest either out right removal due to the rarity, or at the very least, limit it to merely barely being able to see them. Like as if instead of crystal clear perception, it is a bit hazy?

Mind Tricks: How did he pick this up? (Perhaps Tune's character started teaching it to you aboard the vessel?)

Force Healing: It could fit as a natural affinity for, though it would of course have to have limits. *such as can't allow you to really use it mid-combat*

After having pondered the possibility of some of these powers, these are some of the solutions I came up with, if you disagree/agree with them please it it be known. If there are issues, merely mention so and I shall see if I can rectify the problem.

Edited by Silenceo

Karadron, here is a list of proposed changes to have your character not be too powerful, and yet adequate for one that is not formally trained. Feel free to debate, disagree, agree or ect, but either way we will need to reach a conclusion before tomorrow at 9 pm PST. Everyone else, feel free to give feedback, ideas, ect so that this may go swiftly.

Pyrokinesis: Due to how widespread this ability is said to be, it is allowed. However, I do feel that it shouldn't be too advanced since this character picked it up instead of being taught it. Perhaps limit it to small scale?

I never really thought of it as something that would be big. I actually put it down because I really liked the idea of having a character who could light a fire with the Force.

simple telekinetics: How simple do you mean? *other wise sounds fitting*

Along the lines of small rocks and stuff, a little bit of uncontrolled bursts if he gets mad, but nothing along the lines of huge waves or tree throwing. He's no master at it by any means.

Force speed: Again, how much? Is it a minor speed boost, or is it more of a pronounced difference?

I see it as more of an enhanced speed in combat situations, nothing more than that.

Force cloak: Due to the effectiveness of such a power, and due to lack of a formal training in force powers in general, perhaps instead of full out invisibility, would it be acceptable to limit it to a camouflage-like nature?

No problem with that at all.

Shatterpoint: This one is really hard to deal with, since while rare, it has such varying degrees... I would suggest either out right removal due to the rarity, or at the very least, limit it to merely barely being able to see them. Like as if instead of crystal clear perception, it is a bit hazy?

Honestly I completely forgot I had put down, I had most stuff down then decided to sleep on it. I can always remove it and replace it with something else.

Mind Tricks: How did he pick this up?

I feel that Mind tricks would be fairly easy, see a Jedi do it then try it out for yourself. Or try to find a way to persuade people to your viewpoint. Maybe not mind tricks "these are not the droids you're looking for" but more like "I have permission to be here" type things.

Force Healing: It could fit as a natural affinity for, though it would of course have to have limits. *such as can't allow you to really use it mid-combat*

I never thought of him using it in combat, to OP. It was something that he could do outside of combat.

One of the things I thought of when I was searching for abilities was things that I felt worked for someone with an assassin's past (ie cloak, speed, mind tricks, and shatterpoint), healing was chosen because I thought it made sense too. Pyrokinesis was a novelty pick.

If I need to I could try and say he had various instructors. Or his parents taught him some stuff, he is a Miraluka after all.

I never really thought of it as something that would be big. I actually put it down because I really liked the idea of having a character who could light a fire with the Force.

My thoughts exactly! :D

Along the lines of small rocks and stuff, a little bit of uncontrolled bursts if he gets mad, but nothing along the lines of huge waves or tree throwing. He's no master at it by any means.

That sounds fitting, and balanced considering his backround. Almost reminds me of Eragon from the Inheritance cycle hunting animals with magically thrown pebbles...:cool:

I see it as more of an enhanced speed in combat situations, nothing more than that.

Hmm, I will have to try and keep that in check then. No dodging entire volleys of blaster bolts for you! :p Maybe a few though...

No problem with that at all.

Honestly I completely forgot I had put down, I had most stuff down then decided to sleep on it. I can always remove it and replace it with something else.

I would prefer if you did. Perhaps something small, such as acrobatics? Not typically thought of as a power, and while jump would likely be limited, as an assassin it would make sense if he had learned to subconsciously tap into the force to be more agile.

I feel that Mind tricks would be fairly easy, see a Jedi do it then try it out for yourself. Or try to find a way to persuade people to your viewpoint. Maybe not mind tricks "these are not the droids you're looking for" but more like "I have permission to be here" type things.

I never thought of him using it in combat, to OP. It was something that he could do outside of combat.

Just don't go even close to Traya level...she hacks I say!!!

One of the things I thought of when I was searching for abilities was things that I felt worked for someone with an assassin's past (ie cloak, speed, mind tricks, and shatterpoint), healing was chosen because I thought it made sense too. Pyrokinesis was a novelty pick.

If I need to I could try and say he had various instructors. Or his parents taught him some stuff, he is a Miraluka after all.

If he had an education on such abilities then it likely would not work. It is likely best to simply replace shatterpoint and leave the rest as it is.

Responses in gray.

Acrobatics will work perfectly.

Alright, does this all look good then?

Force Adept

Species- Miraluka

Skill(s)- Dual Weapons

Clothing- Simple clothes

Items:

1. 2 Vibroblades

2. A field kit

Special Abilities: Pyrokinesis, simple telekinetics, Force speed, Force cloak, resistance to poison and disease, Acrobatics, Mind Tricks, Force Healing.

Power Notes:

Pyrokenesis: I never really thought of it as something that would be big. I actually put it down because I really liked the idea of having a character who could light a fire with the Force.

Simple Telekinesis: Along the lines of small rocks and stuff, a little bit of uncontrolled bursts if he gets mad, but nothing along the lines of huge waves or tree throwing. He's no master at it by any means.

Force Cloak: Akin to using force camouflage, not really invisible.

Force Speed: I see it as more of an enhanced speed in combat situations, nothing more than that.

Mind Trick: I feel that Mind tricks would be fairly easy, see a Jedi do it then try it out for yourself. Or try to find a way to persuade people to your viewpoint. Maybe not mind tricks "these are not the droids you're looking for" but more like "I have permission to be here" type things.

Is there anything out of place or incorrect? If not, merely say so, so that I can check it off my list of things to check. :)

Hmm, I think I'll make a character for this. It seems incredibly interesting.

As long as you follow the rules, and do not flame/troll, go ahead. If I recall correctly, rule #6 deals with such things.

Thankfully, these are not pre-made characters so can't evolve a flame war like that unlike most other threads. :)