Survival of the Nerdiest

Silenceo

Ah, forgot that yours was the pathfinder. *starts copying characters into a word document for easy reference*

Changed my vote from Vjun to Felucia myself...even on its worst day, Felucia has less monsters than Kashyyyk...

lol I just did that a few minutes ago

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you catch the edit to make the character toned a bit more down.

I went and re-copied it after I saw you changed it. Not 100% sure which part changed, but I got it! *didn't really read the changes yet, mostly just making sure I have them all.*

Side Note: As it stands currently, there is:

The Jedi

The Bodyguard

The Bounty Hunter

The Scientist

I actually kinda like how so far it hasn't turned into something like someone trying to be a dark trooper, or darth maul, or some such. Skill sets seem quite diverse as well.

Edited by Silenceo

I went and re-copied it after I saw you changed it. Not 100% sure which part changed, but I got it! *didn't really read the changes yet, mostly just making sure I have them all.*

It was Age, I figured he is both a fully trained knight and a former Spec Forces Pathfinder, thats a lot of life experience. Some one like that might have a lot of skills, but they likely been through a lot to. This means they arent exatly young. So he has quite a few skills, but his years as a pathfinder and a jedi are starting to catch up to him and he isnt as spry as he once was.

It was Age, I figured he is both a fully trained knight and a former Spec Forces Pathfinder, thats a lot of life experience. Some one like that might have a lot of skills, but they likely been through a lot to. This means they arent exatly young. So he has quite a few skills, but his years as a pathfinder and a jedi are starting to catch up to him and he isnt as spry as he once was.

I see. Both a nerf and buff. I like it!

I see. Both a nerf and buff. I like it!

Well I wouldnt call it a buff, most of that was there before as he was a knight to start out with and listed "former spec force pathfinder" as his skill set, but with both of those I felt it was impossible for him to have ALL the skills those 2 things brought with out a long life time to have AQUIRED those skills. I felt it appropriate to the character I was trying to build.

Though it did evolve his character a little to the point of now I know what kind of person he is, and how he may interact to situations.

(The RPer in me is coming out..... and I have never RPed before lol.)

Edit: Back to the Kaggath meet you guys there. :D

Edited by tunewalker

Well I wouldnt call it a buff, most of that was there before as he was a knight to start out with and listed "former spec force pathfinder" as his skill set, but with both of those I felt it was impossible for him to have ALL the skills those 2 things brought with out a long life time to have AQUIRED those skills. I felt it appropriate to the character I was trying to build.

Though it did evolve his character a little to the point of now I know what kind of person he is, and how he may interact to situations.

Well, keep it in check until Tuesday! MWhahahahaaaahaaa!

It is quite fun to RP though, even more so if people try and not go all *super mode*. I am sure Warren knows exactly what I am talking about.

As for getting to know your character good. Hope you noticed in the OP how I asked who you are, since it is in theory going to help us all to chill a bit, have some fun, and learn a bit about each other. Who will stab who's back, who will save the other, who will walk on by... At least, our characters that is. Ought to be quite fun once we get started. Now, to convince Beni, Aurbere, Selenial, and perhaps one or two others to join... :)

I know right! Cept I have Rp'ed a little bit...

I know my Noghri quite well though, I always loved them in the Thrawn and NJO books. They're funny if you look closely, very curious but guarded. Always interested yet they try to not be. Not to mention paranoid and violent yet loyal and honorable :D such an enigma of a species you never quite know what they'll do.

This looks really interesting. Give me awhile to get something up...and pack my bags.:D

The Corellian Corvette leaves on Tuesday, don't be late... :cool: (meaning it will start at 9:00 PM PST Tuesday to give the entire day for people that are on the fence.)

Star, something tells me they will stab someone in the back...Namely Chiss...

Side Note: Star, does Fitzak "Star" Haashk have any special abilities? Perhaps very sneaky?

Edited by Silenceo

The Corellian Corvette leaves on Tuesday, don't be late... :cool: (meaning it will start at 9:00 PM PST Tuesday to give the entire day for people that are on the fence.)

Star, something tells me they will stab someone in the back...Namely Chiss...

Side Note: Star, does Fitzak "Star" Haashk have any special abilities? Perhaps very sneaky?

Updated. yes he's stealthy. Plus I added an implant courtesy of working for a rich Kuati Noble.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Updated. yes he's stealthy. Plus I added an implant courtesy of working for a rich Kuati Noble.

Alright then, for the 4 that are currently registered, it is all good. Now, to wait for more. :)

Side Note: Added "Advanced Targeting Algorithm" to my droid since he is based on the HK series. If there are any objections, now is the time to voice them.

Edited by Silenceo

Side Note: Added "Advanced Targeting Algorithm" to my droid since he is based on the HK series. If there are any objections, now is the time to voice them.

I have a question, actually. How will that effect anything? Is there like a check system where we'll make rolls to see if we actually hit things? So that would give a modifier to the probability of S1L to hit? Or is it just a property that has no real effect other than the ability to RP out a more advanced targeting system? Which would then increase the chances of a character surviving...?

Basically I'm really confused on how this is going to all work.

Edited by Warren-Stride

I have a question, actually. How will that effect anything? Is there like a check system where we'll make rolls to see if we actually hit things? So that would give a modifier to the probability of S1L to hit? Or is it just a property that has no real effect other than the ability to RP out a more advanced targeting system? Which would then increase the chances of a character surviving...?

Essentially just makes it so that during the scenarios/daily updates if S1L is shooting at something, it is more likely that he will hit. Nothing major, its basically just a note to the Narrator that "Hey, this guy actually can hit his target!" and less of a "The wamp rat has to roll a 7 to not be hit" type of thing.

To simplify, I will use an example:

S1L without the advanced targeting: "S1L had no choice but to face the angered Ackley and took aim. Unfortunately, the beast was too agile and managed to evade all but one of the bolts. It was however enough to allow S1L to escape to compute another day."

S1L with advanced targeting" S1L had no choice but to face the angered Ackley, and took aim. Fortunately he had had been built with an advanced targeting system, which allowed him to cripple the Ackley, forcing it to retreat, lest it lose its life."

Not too major of a difference. In one he merely injures the Ackley enough to get away, in the other he is able to be precise enough to drive it off. Either way he would likely survive, but in the first the Ackley would likely still be looking for him, but not in the second.

Mostly though, its notes for the Narrator to follow when writing up the updates to keep in mind for the characters so that they are portrayed correctly.

Side Note: Star explains it well bellow.

Edited by Silenceo

Like the Kaggath, we'll have to debate on how well player X can survive event Y or how a showdown between players A and B would go down.

Picking upgrades allows for a better chance of survival because now we might argue, "Well Silenceo has Advanced Targeting Computers so he'd probably be able to kill that Terentatek with well placed shots so he'll survive this battle" etc...

Think of it more like a Kaggath in terms of functionality with a narrative RP element tacked on so as to keep things moving. Debates will be shorter and people can argue what outcomes can result from certain situations.

A better example. "Star was caught in a rock slide while trying to scale a cliff". From here you can argue that perhaps his Noghri agility could allow him to survive or perhaps his smaller frame allowed him to avoid getting hit etc... At the end of the day the Narrator will determine the most likely scenario and have it play out.

Player control goes only as far as deciding what to do, the outcomes of the choices are determined in a debate.

Does that help at all?

Just a reminder though, this is orientated around survival and escape off of the planet, not necessarily killing everything that you come in contact with. Meaning combat abilities are limited in their uses, it is more the environment you will need to worry about.

Side Note: I think I would choose to run from a Terentatek...likely climb a really tall tree...Their armor is quite...extensive...

After Thought: Any more questions we can address Warren? We need to make things as clear as possible.

Edited by Silenceo

Just a reminder though, this is orientated around survival and escape off of the planet, not necessarily killing everything that you come in contact with. Meaning combat abilities are limited in their uses, it is more the environment you will need to worry about.

Side Note: I think I would choose to run from a Terentatek...likely climb a really tall tree...Their armor is quite...extensive...

After Thought: Any more questions we can address Warren? We need to make things as clear as possible.

I know my character is running.... as fast as his old arthritic legs can take him.

Ok well, I'll enter a character , keep in mind it's my first time doing this sort of thing!

Name: Thorn Odam

Profession: Dark Jedi

Items: single bladed light saber (red blade) ,comlink,

3 days of rations

Species: Human

Force Powers : lightning, force push ,choke ,force absorption ( able to block lightsabers and blaster bolt with hands for limited amounts of time)

Armor: wears traditional sith armor

Biography : Thorn is a manipulative, cruel male who was on The Ship to try and find a great source of power, He will stop at nothing to gain power. He is also an expert in the juyo lightsaber form.

I vote korriban :cool:

This will be fun lol

Edited by Nalathemaster

Ok well, I'll enter a character , keep in mind it's my first time doing this sort of thing!

Name: Thorn Odam

Items: light saber (red blade) ,comlink,

3 days of rations

Force Powers : lightning, force push ,choke ,force absorption ( able to block lightsabers and blaster bolt with hands for limited amounts of time)

Biography : Thorn is a manipulative, cruel male who was on The Ship to try and find a great source of power, He will stop at nothing to gain power. He is also an expert in the juyo lightsaber form.

I vote korriban :cool:

This will be fun lol

In regards to the force powers, I believe you are referring to tutaminis? *force absorb is a different power, though under the same tree.* Force Absorb is strictly a lightside power, however, Tutaminis is the root of absorb which allows jedi/sith to deflect/absorb blaster bolts, and if they are powerful enough, lightsaber blades for short amounts of time. Force Absorb is a version that is available to the light side users which effectively absorbs force energy thrown at them.

Deflecting blaster bolts is a go, but being able to temporarily block lightsabers without a lightsaber I am iffy on...Seeing how jedi/sith are supposed to remain on an average power range. Other than that issue with the absorption, it looks like it is ready to go. *letting the Expert Juyo form past due to limited force powers, which indicates a light saber duelist, correct Karadron?*

*letting the Expert Juyo form past due to limited force powers, which indicates a light saber duelist, correct Karadron?*

That's not Karadron... Not unless he got a new account.

As for the expert Juyo, I'd give it to him since his guy is 76 (I think he changed the age, much like Tune did). I can't imagine what a 76 y/o using juyo would even look like.

oh,

Hmm... eh, it's all good as long as no godmodding occurs as a result. Welcome Nala.

Edited by StarSquirrel

That's not Karadron... Not unless he got a new account.

As for the expert Juyo, I'd give it to him since his guy is 76 (I think he changed the age, much like Tune did). I can't imagine what a 76 y/o using juyo would even look like.

oh,

Hmm... eh, it's all good as long as no godmodding occurs as a result.

Oh shoot. My bad Nalathemaster! I apologize, I saw the avatar and merely assumed you were somebody else. I am sincerely sorry about that! I am much too exhausted from writing essays all day today to be doing this at this late hour... Note to self...always look at names! :o:o:o

Edited by Silenceo

Oh shoot. My bad Nalathemaster! I apologize, I saw the avatar and merely assumed you were somebody else. I am sincerely sorry about that! I am much too exhausted from writing essays all day today to be doing this at this late hour... Note to self...always look at names! :o:o:o

Anywho, I have the application saved in my Word doc like this.

Name: Thorn Odam (Nalathemaster)

Items: single bladed light saber (red blade)

comlink

3 days of rations

Force Powers : lightning, force push ,choke ,force absorption (able to block blaster bolt with hands)

I vote Korriban

If that works, then Nala's application is all set.

Quite a few older characters in this now that I think about it...

Ancient Assassin Droid

200+ year old shape shifter

55 year old jedi path finder

76 year old dark jedi

I wonder if that Corellian Corvette was really an elderly cruise... ;)

Quite a few older characters in this now that I think about it...

Ancient Assassin Droid

200+ year old shape shifter

55 year old jedi path finder

76 year old dark jedi

I wonder if that Corellian Corvette was really an elderly cruise... ;)

Yeah that courier I mentioned Star was guarding... It was a 2000 year old Neti :rolleyes:

Edited by StarSquirrel

Oh god...Just imagined HK-47 all decrepit trying to play shuffle board will threatening every meatbags life around him, just...wow....If you thought he was crotchety before... :p I am never going to un-see that image...

HK-47 - THREAT: Get out of my hanger young meatbags! Begone before I find my blaster to terminate you!

Side Note: Nalathemaster I again apologize for mistaking you for someone else, but I really need to know if these changes to Thorn Odam are acceptable, and if so, if he is then ready to go?

Edited by Silenceo