The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is it just me or is Marauder weak right now ?

xilc

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so much weak OP, but more so broke. Alot of talents are not working as intended, and tie that in with doing the same damage as other dps classes, ability delay, and server synching is a recipe for mad nerd rage.

not so much anything... the only problem i see is people refusing to learn how to play the class. like iv stated b4 dont start off with leap in case of a knockback. i defend nodes bymyself in pvp cus i can handle 1v2 and sometimes 1v3 depending on the setup with all the def cd's at my disposal. i dont want mara's tp change becuase i like the idea of there being some simple classes like the sorc or merc for ppl who play casualy and then the mara for ppl who like a challenge. the class works fine you just have to pay attention to your surroundings and what to do in deferent scenarios

So you can build rage differently than with force charge, force choke, assault, battering assault, talented cloak, etc.

Enlighten us. Give me the name of those so many others hundred hidden abilities we have missed.

1. BA, [], Assault, Assault, []

2. BA, Assault, Assault, [], []

3. BA, Assault, [], Charge, []

4. Force Charge, BA, [], [], []

5. [], BA, [], []

And that's just off the top of my head to prep for various sequences I plan on executing. Name me a situation and I will tell you how I would build rage in 3 different specs.

Not sure if you realize this or not, but skill is not about pressing teh buttonz. Skill is about knowing when and where to press which buttons based on dynamic combat conditions.

You seem to think that building rage is about "hey guys I press teh Assault". Sorry, no. Do you build 5+ to float for a burst, or walk dry at 0-3? How soon will your big rage cooldowns come back up, and do you feel lucky about your rage procs from your DOTs? Can your current burst potential put your target in enough of a panic mode to finish the kill using lower rage gen capabilities? Do you have to build up higher to unload more DPS if the target can MiracleHeal and get away?

You specifically mentioned "how you build rage". You didn't say "what buttons you have".

We all have more or less the same buttons bro. Yet somehow some of us are pulling impressive performance and some of us cry crimson tears that crawl with unyielding force to pool in glistening reflections of our lost hopes and dreams.

What.

not so much anything... the only problem i see is people refusing to learn how to play the class. like iv stated b4 dont start off with leap in case of a knockback.

Sooo, when you PvP people just stand there and watch you approach without doing anything to slow you down or damage you in any way? You sure they weren't just AFK?

If you try approaching my Sorcerer or BH without blowing charge, you might make it to melee range before you die. I wouldn't bet me last shilling on it though...

Sooo, when you PvP people just stand there and watch you approach without doing anything to slow you down or damage you in any way? You sure they weren't just AFK?

If you try approaching my Sorcerer or BH without blowing charge, you might make it to melee range before you die. I wouldn't bet me last shilling on it though...

in pvp u see a massive grp comming at your group why would i leap when we get in range your going to knock us back. in pvp warzones you may focus me u may not but regardless the moment u knock me back im on top of u end of story. you answered your own question and if u slow me ill just camo which will break it get on u then you knock me back then i charge you and root you and your mine... just that statement alone showed me you have no idea how to play this class so if you think you sorc/BH is so skilled play it then and stop giving mara's a bad name

I have to say what irks me the most about my marauder when I compare it to my sniper, it's how empty my toolbox feels. While already having the benefit of range there are just so many more options in controlling my opponent and keep them from getting close that I'm nearly starting to feel bad for all those people I've stunned, snared and pushed back for the past weeks.

It really feels to me as if there are a few tools missing for the marauder. I'm fine with my damage, my survivability is so-so and I knew what I signed on for when it comes to incoming damage. But at the end of the day I get the feeling that my other characters can sign up for a war zone, be just as deadly, and on top of that have many more options available to stop an opponent trying to get away, or kept in the desired range, than "Murder them extra fast".

And I really wouldn't mind knockbacks getting looked over a second time, but that's more a personal vent of mine. I just came out of a game of Pinball, or was it Huttball?

I question the value of such statements deprived of any back up or explanation. There are not thousands way to build rage or to activate saber ward or to gap close, or etc. I don't know how you can claim that you are playing a different class than th rest. Post videos rather, it worths thousands words.

Secondly, I'm not going anywhere. There is no other dual wielding Sith class, I leveled mine to 50, and I'm not alt-aholic at all. I like my marauder, but I don't take it as an excuse to claim it's perfect and does not need to be improved. My marauder has the right to faceroll the content as BHs and SI's do.

It's precisely because I like this class that I scream for seeing it buffed, instead of claiming it is fine or OP and risk to see a nerf of it in the future. You'd be blamed for that.

yes, their are clearly only a few abilities that generate rage, however, what we are talking about, what would define a bad player, is not using those abilities in the proper situations

force choking when someone is immune to the stun due to resolve, using assault when battering assault is available

plus general improper usage of abilities

there may not be thousands of ways to play a marauder, but there are thousands of things you can do wrong when playing a marauder (or any class)

doing too many of those things, or doing them consistently, is what defines a bad player

you can have all the gear in the world, but if you use your abilities improperly you will get steamrolled and you will feel the class is gimped, even when you are in that same set of "special circumstances" that others find themselves in

and if you honestly believe that only a select group of people find themselves in advantageous positions during pvp, and they are the ones that feel the class is ok, then you are simply being naive ... bad players find themselves in the same positions as good players, just not as often (part of what makes baddies bad and good players good)

i pose a challenge, to anyone who feels the class is bad/weak/gimped/broken/etc ...

post a video, full length warzones, not montages, of you pvping and getting your face smashed (level 50 bracket, solid pvp gear, premade v premade or pug v pug) and if you are playing your class properly and still sucking then the rest of us will admit you have a solid basis for your complaints

however, if its found that you are using your abilities improperly, picking bad fights, picking bad targets, etc. then you dont get to complain anymore

I don't see you at all.

I played a assassin to about 40 and gave up on it because i couldn't kill gold enemies without out leveling them by 2-3 levels.

I also played a operative for a while and felt like that one was weak to.

In comparison i kill things really fast and can kill gold's pretty easily, i just pop cloak of pain.

The maurder is the first class i've felt powerful with

Marauders are literally broken. Christ, has English comprehension died in the past few years?

...snip...

as far as im aware the only talent that is broken is the 30% crit bonus on bleeds in the annihilation tree ... which is actually applying the bonus at a base level, so its better than its supposed to be

if there are more, id be interested to know which ones are also broken

p.s. broken talent =/= broken class, those are 2 very different things

Playing as a scoundrel, I can tell you that marauders are not weak. In fact, they're my worst nightmare. Even though I'm lvl 49 I have a very hard time beating a marauder in 1v1. I can't remember a single time I've gone up against one without getting my *** handed to me by either forcechoke or the massive dot ticks. Edited by kifa

Have you ever stopped and looked at how other classes solo the same content? It's a real eye-opener.

When you finish a pull, and you're taking a break and healing up, other classes end an identical pull with 90% health and pull the next one, and next one, and next one. And just keep on going. You seriously need to see what a good Sorcerer can do when he's not being lazy and utilizes all of his abilities. Most pulls finish with him and pet at 100%, and ready for the next one.

this is exactly what i was talking about before with the ease of damage output

it SHOULD be difficult, after a hard pull you SHOULD have to stop and heal, it is supposed to be a hard pull after all

the problem is not that marauders are weak, its that other classes are strong, and yes, there absolutely is a difference

being underpowered means you cant do the content

being overpowered trivializes content

marauder can do the content just fine, other classes are trivializing it, they are OP, we arent UP

and i think calling them overpowered is a big extreme ... too easily powerful is a more apt description

it should be harder for other classes to put out the damage that they do, it shouldnt be easier for us

this vein of complaint is in the wrong forum imo

As much as i love Marauder its missing alot.

-Heavy armor - they removed it from beta, no idea why pretty clueless choice

-Force Push - Should be Sith Warrior ability just like electro dart, overpower, debil.

-Saber throws should be 20meters by default

-Our pvp/pve set bonuses are a joke.

-Force Push - Should be Sith Warrior ability just like electro dart, overpower, debil.

indeed, if they push me back and i dont have leap up... is hard to get back on target

/signed

Force Push/pull in our hands might end up too overpowered especially in huttball. You may pull the stupid argument all you want that you don't always play huttball etc pp end of the day with ranked WZ's in the near future you can't allow something grossly overpowered to exist.

Heavy armor - not really interested in that. Would rather see a 10-20% increase in internal dmg or innate chance to resist force/tech attacks, because that would be something unique. Also in the sense of putting down your heavy armor, which helps against kinetic and not sure what the second one is called to defend better against 'the force' so to speak.

It would help keeping OP's, Sorcs, Tracer Missile boys in check easier.

End of day marauder is suposed to be the more mobile of the warrior classes, at least by design so our ideas have to revolve around those ideas aswell. They wanted us in medium armor - okay, they gave us cloak of pain, but I would still love to see force resist somewhere. Saberward and cloak of pain already go into that direction - time for something innate to close the deal.

Fury: I would rather see that mechanic expanded e.g. Breakfree on 30 fury stacks different buffs and not all for the group, but for yourself. Some cooldown resets maybe stuff like that.

PvE/PvP set bonuses will ultimately have to be like in rift via crystals so they can give us 3 sets of boni regardless how we spec and without the need to put in 3 complete sets of armor.

Saber throw range I could care less about that. I am a melee after all.

this is exactly what i was talking about before with the ease of damage output

it SHOULD be difficult, after a hard pull you SHOULD have to stop and heal, it is supposed to be a hard pull after all

the problem is not that marauders are weak, its that other classes are strong, and yes, there absolutely is a difference

being underpowered means you cant do the content

being overpowered trivializes content

marauder can do the content just fine, other classes are trivializing it, they are OP, we arent UP

and i think calling them overpowered is a big extreme ... too easily powerful is a more apt description

it should be harder for other classes to put out the damage that they do, it shouldnt be easier for us

this vein of complaint is in the wrong forum imo

It still does not solve the problem.

Ease of damage output has to be taken in account in term of balance. If one has to hit 3 keys and the other has to hit much more, then the former is clearly advantaged.

He is not stronger in term of raw damage dealt, but he is still stronger, because the conditions for him to release that much of damage are less restrictive.

That's where the term "broken" comes for the disadvantage class.

At this point it gets a semantics conflict, since some may estimate that the term "broken" is too strong for describing the real situation, but in the end it begs for changes.

Now in the end a skilled player can reduce this disadvantage feeling to the extent is not that much bothered by it, but it's still has nothing to do with a L2P issue.

And from what I read, you also admit changes are need.

- Either the Marauder gets buffed so he gets the same ease of damage output

- Either the other classes get nerfed.

The first scenario is more probable, because you know the impact of a massive nerfs on several classes - which has already started to occur by the way.

tl; dr. The marauder is disadvantaged = aka weaker.

Edited by Ethern