Empire Vs Republic PvP 55

iDraxter

Hey there guys this is Firebat and I have been wondering since Wildstar`s release and now how is your pvp experience in the 55 bracket been(unranked). Personally mine is that the PvP playerbase on our server took a massive hit in regards to good pvpers on both sides. Even my pvp guild took a deadly hit and barely kept a maximum of 5ish ppl still active during the evennings.

I`ve been PvP-ing for so long that I can say neither side has any good pvp guild left(mine included) only some individuals here and there. Ranked is a joke and without cross-server queues/8man ranked or ranked huttball of some sort things will go dire and dire, I cannot blame alot of ppl that left since BW didn`t give ppl enough of a reason to keep them here, I don`t like Wildstar and I`m staying here till something else comes up or 3.0 brings us something new to spice it up.

Edited by iDraxter

Two things:

1) PvP in SWTOR is horrible and calling it PvP is a generous thing indeed.

2) The Red Eclipse is a PvE server.

I have a feeling you're expecting *way* too much out of PvP.

1) That is NOT True. I love the bads mentality "OH this game su*ks cuz I can`t handle it!" aparat from that it does suck that there are no Cross server queues and that 8man ranked was taken out;

2) Uhm so what`s ur point? that ppl on RP servers don`t do PvP or PvE ? that ppl on ToFN don`t do PvE? darling i have been flamed alot on Oricon(ToFN) for attacking multiple 55`s while on my PT(not some punk stealth class) now that is a shocker for a PvP server.

I have a feeling you don`t exist on this server or ever PvPed regularly in it atleast, I have been on this server since the 1st server merges and I have been pvp-ing mostly every single night up to day, I have met lots of great players on both faction over time and I keep in contact with some , are u some troll looking for attention on random threads you find? *serious question*

Do you remember Reality Check? Nostrum Dolus? Aimazing? Deal With IT(in the time they had Bradley and Drackul)? Lord of the Drinks? Anything? that wasn`t casual PvP.

P.S. The Red Eclipse is my home server I have 55`s on ToFN too( thought i transfered my PT and Jugg back and left an assassin over there because of population and friends issues)

Edited by iDraxter

I dont think it has changed much. Sure the best guilds have left and the ones that still exist are only a shadow of their former self like "Deal with it" or LOTD but there are still good players around.

Dxun Rising is still active on Rep side and also Firewind. Axari Delta and I like Turtles has good PvPers.

I recently saw Gosia again in a regular match. Dont know if it was the same player though.

Many left but we also gained some good players here and there. Thats only for regs only. Cant say how ranked are due to me not being interested in freakin arenas as a Commando player.

Still enjoy PvP there.

BTW Firebat you were the reason I wanted to level a PT Pyro. :rak_05:

Actually had a good game with ya on my Mara 'LeelooDallas' last night Firebat!

A lot of pvp'ers have left but I have noticed quite a few have came back and popping up every now and then in regs, I would expect a lot more to come back soon as wildstar seems to have lost it's 'shiny', (was dead when I logged on the other night).

If ya got any reps btw, /cjoin ragechat, we have a bunch of pvp'ers that are always up for killing bads, you just have to carry me ;)

Edited by Eastiano

All I can say from my solo queuing experience is that I end up being queued against more Imp premades than I am queued with Rep premades.

And that of those premades I end up with or against, there are more long standing Imp premades queuing than there are Rep premades. (it often feels like its a new Rep premade every day at times, versus the much more "oh look, there's the same old Imps", which could mean there are more random Reps queuing than random Imps at the time of day I'm usually on)

And within those teams (premade or otherwise) of both sides there are more of the well known 'notorious' Imps visible than there are Reps......in my queues..

Other than that, it's all mere supposition.

Edited by Theagg

Actually had a good game with ya on my Mara 'LeelooDallas' last night Firebat!

A lot of pvp'ers have left but I have noticed quite a few have came back and popping up every now and then in regs, I would expect a lot more to come back soon as wildstar seems to have lost it's 'shiny', (was dead when I logged on the other night).

If ya got any reps btw, /cjoin ragechat, we have a bunch of pvp'ers that are always up for killing bads, you just have to carry me ;)

I actually like hard games and sometimes I guard the off node(cuz no1 cares) and eagerly awaiting enemy stealthers to 1v1 me, what I hate is running againts teams with 3-4 healers and a tank , I want 8v8 ranked back:(

my only lvl 55 republic character is a Vanguard don`t judge me:D

BTW Firebat you were the reason I wanted to level a PT Pyro. :rak_05:

Have fun with that I adore my PT

All I can say from my solo queuing experience is that I end up being queued against more Imp premades than I am queued with Rep premades.

And that of those premades I end up with or against, there are more long standing Imp premades queuing than there are Rep premades. (it often feels like its a new Rep premade every day at times, versus the much more "oh look, there's the same old Imps", which could mean there are more random Reps queuing than random Imps at the time of day I'm usually on)

And within those teams (premade or otherwise) of both sides there are more of the well known 'notorious' Imps visible than there are Reps......in my queues..

Other than that, it's all mere supposition.

You are right I also see more Imps with the same guild tag latetly but their just pve guilds and are not a threat Edited by iDraxter

Two things:

1) PvP in SWTOR is horrible and calling it PvP is a generous thing indeed.

2) The Red Eclipse is a PvE server.

I have a feeling you're expecting *way* too much out of PvP.

1) That's a stupid statement

2) PvP on ToFN are not some kind of magic place where everyone becomes good and therefore everyone should go there to experience good pvp if that is what you think. ppl generally suck over there too. The only difference is that there are more Yolo heroes and actuall teams for arenas.

I like PVP and thats really all I do at lvl 55. Yes I have seen that certain players I remember are not there but I think the main problem in PVP at the moment is the attitude at times that people display in PVP. Some of the more established PVP players have a tendancy to call less experienced players noobs etc ( or worse) when the game doesn't go their way. Then you get a ragequit. I know this is competitive and people want to win ( I do too) but if you are new to lvl 55 PVP and experience that why would you carry on with it? There are still people playing so surely if on both sides experienced players were more willing to help newers ones a new generation of players would come through and the challenge would still be there.

PS. Firebat being more a rep player I end up playing against you. Your a good player and you certainly have forced me to up my game and get better when playing the likes of you. Thats what PVP is all about.

I like PVP and thats really all I do at lvl 55. Yes I have seen that certain players I remember are not there but I think the main problem in PVP at the moment is the attitude at times that people display in PVP. Some of the more established PVP players have a tendancy to call less experienced players noobs etc ( or worse) when the game doesn't go their way. Then you get a ragequit. I know this is competitive and people want to win ( I do too) but if you are new to lvl 55 PVP and experience that why would you carry on with it? There are still people playing so surely if on both sides experienced players were more willing to help newers ones a new generation of players would come through and the challenge would still be there.

PS. Firebat being more a rep player I end up playing against you. Your a good player and you certainly have forced me to up my game and get better when playing the likes of you. Thats what PVP is all about.

The only scenario i leave a wz is if nobody on my team gives a F**K about off node where I end up going and my team keeps dieing like dogs mid....I have no reason to stay i`m min-maxed for ages and comms mean nothing to me. I don`t mind guarding really cuz i like to 1v1 stealth or hold out 2+ ppl till reinforcements show but if it`s hopeless mid I don`t feel like sitting it out and betting on 26k HP teammates or hero stealthers to do something.

Also in big fights I target Healers>Ranged DPS and DPS operative/scoundrels>everybody else, so if u are a healer or ranged dps do NOT take it personally when fighting me:p especially u healers out there I know i stunlock you alot that is intended:D

Edited by iDraxter

I only started PVPing regularly recently and what I notices is that it has it's ups and downs. One day I keep getting impside premades with full team that should be really playing ranked and that keep trolling lesser geared/skilled players. Some nights it's more equal. Some nights the opposition is quite hopeless. I had one match when I solo killed 2 assassins with 50% HP left....

What is really horrible is people sabotaging solo ranked coming in greens, or not knowing their role etc. There is this guardian in greens that will enter a RWZ and just stand there.

I only started PVPing regularly recently and what I notices is that it has it's ups and downs. One day I keep getting impside premades with full team that should be really playing ranked and that keep trolling lesser geared/skilled players. Some nights it's more equal. Some nights the opposition is quite hopeless. I had one match when I solo killed 2 assassins with 50% HP left....

What is really horrible is people sabotaging solo ranked coming in greens, or not knowing their role etc. There is this guardian in greens that will enter a RWZ and just stand there.

that kind of trolling thing has been reported on multiple servers.

Also I would like to remind everyone that spotting a premade on your team or enemy team does not mean instant win/lose, there are so many inexperienced players(or even full time pve-ers) or simply average skilled players who just queue together because their friends/guildies and not because their good. If u start pvp-ing regulary you will learn the good premades and the joke premades.

PvP is miserable on both factions. Pug and you will most likely have back to back backfills mixed up with games where either your team mates or the enemies are acting so irrationally that you'll walk away thinking to yourself "*** did I just experience".

You're not even safe in premades anymore because the amount of stupidity the additional four in a 8 vs 8 game often manage to bring to ther table will leave you with an empty stare.

It's just RNG depending who you get on your team and who you get on the opposition.

Yes, there are probably more bads than "goods" but most of the old guard have left the game if not just the server.

The community is damaged because PVP guilds are irrelevant now there is no 8v8. Four man guilds? psh.

Group up with people you know and cross your fingers you get some good pugs. There is NO point raging hard about pugs in normal because its pugs in NORMALS. If your team are morons or just bad ignore it, get on with your own game then tell your story on the forum after, because they sure as hell wont care in the match and raging wont help your performance either.

On the off-chance you get a good team and a decent opposition, enjoy it. I got a half decent rep opposition team in Quesh Huttball last night and yeah we got beaten, but we put up a fight and they made some epic errors. As long as its fun just get on with it.

• 1 month later...
PvP is miserable on both factions. Pug and you will most likely have back to back backfills mixed up with games where either your team mates or the enemies are acting so irrationally that you'll walk away thinking to yourself "*** did I just experience".

You're not even safe in premades anymore because the amount of stupidity the additional four in a 8 vs 8 game often manage to bring to ther table will leave you with an empty stare.

exactly this this

Totally this , couldn't explain it any better .

Just that Imp Pugs are far worse ....

Edited by ahzecklawd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ranked arenas are the worst thing it depends on luck, number of idiots with 1000 expe is very high and you will not win if just one player in your team sucks, btw bw will never solve this problem, ranked arenas should be allowed only if you have 2018 expe ;X and what about those that are "farming rating" in team rwz where the one team is losing and the second team is winning I saw a lot of ppl doing this and in the end of S1 for example many ppl with 30 valor had rancor

Edited by PremierDarkov

• 1 month later...

Well , both Factions are terrible lately . Everyone is doing their own thing and screws on the Objectives / Team . Healers on the Imp side are terrible , 90% of them only Kite and end up with 100-200k H at the end . Imp's lack on H's / Rep lack on Tanks / DPS .

All we can do , is waiting and praying for a Server Cross .... so PvP is making sense once again.

Well , both Factions are terrible lately . Everyone is doing their own thing and screws on the Objectives / Team . Healers on the Imp side are terrible , 90% of them only Kite and end up with 100-200k H at the end . Imp's lack on H's / Rep lack on Tanks / DPS .

All we can do , is waiting and praying for a Server Cross .... so PvP is making sense once again.

yup both sides suck in terms of pugs

hey firebat

Good to see u still about, had many fun games with you during my empire time.

Youll get to see me soon, ill be returning to more ground pvp but as republic side :)

hey mate good to see ur still around as well. Haven`t seen any of your "Quick" toons in a while. ( I remember you joining me on you sniper Quickstrike mostly back in the day)

hey mate good to see ur still around as well. Haven`t seen any of your "Quick" toons in a while. ( I remember you joining me on you sniper Quickstrike mostly back in the day)

i took a brake from ground pvp for a bit anf focused GSF, im also now republic mainly.

But ill be back in no time in ground pvp.

Mostly on quickblasts, Quickslam, and Pvper (really must change this name lol).

Might try and put a team together for ranked at some point, but im back to square one building my gear back up lol

i took a brake from ground pvp for a bit anf focused GSF, im also now republic mainly.

But ill be back in no time in ground pvp.

Mostly on quickblasts, Quickslam, and Pvper (really must change this name lol).

Might try and put a team together for ranked at some point, but im back to square one building my gear back up lol

with 3.0 new gear tiers around the corner i`m pretty sure everybody is at square one building their gear:p Edited by iDraxter