[VIDEO] Enough with the LAG (switches)!

Anzel

NetLimiter changes nothing as it and all similar programs still leave the user double blind. Lag-switches are just at detrimental if not more so to the lagger than the people they are trying to dupe. Its not that you can't lag switch, its that lag-switching doesn't do you any good.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NetLimiter changes nothing as it and all similar programs still leave the user double blind. Lag-switches are just at detrimental if not more so to the lagger than the people they are trying to dupe. Its not that you can't lag switch, its that lag-switching doesn't do you any good.

is that why it is so popular ? because its useless ? some people said the majority of the thieves in rift use it, its around in wow since ever. i read threads about people complaining they cannot target those laggers. like i said its an old story, lots of threads are lost because wow did a forum reset years ago. i think net-limiter is around for a decade now if not longer ..

Edited by feuer

is that why it is so popular ? because its useless ? some people said the majority of the thieves in rift use it, its around in wow since ever .. i read threads about people complaining they cannot target those laggers. like i said its an old story. lots of threads are lost because wow did a forum reset years ago, i think net-limiter is around for a decade now if not longer ..

nuff said

Just because somebody said it is good doesn't mean a thing. It doesn't help you at all, except maybe psychological level.

Edited by Zoom_VI

nuff said

uuh big fancy red caps for rift and wow. you show style everytime :D wow has at least some defenses like warden. doesnt help much obviously. but swtor has nothing. you can hack this game with freeware. and yes net-limiter is a very popular lag tool, although you are denying its existance (why would someone use it when its useless ? why would it stay around forever ? for mental support ? im missing the reason behind that :D)

but I asked him to read this thread. He did some looking into it for me and concluded that while it may be possible to make a lag switch, he agreed with the point that it would probably hurt the user more then it would help in a game of this type.

and i was referring to this btw. wow and rift are "games of this type", mmos you know. so his statement has been proven wrong years ago :rolleyes:

Edited by feuer

So here's something I came across 2 days ago... I probably wouldn't have noticed if they hadn't been taunting us in chat... And if I hadn't recently read that this is happening a lot in wow too... Blizzard have even admitted it...

Anyway please read my whole post... It's not really about the hacks... Which were there... It's about how they stay undetected

This is what happened on my Jedi Shadow

Played against the same rep team (rep vs rep) for 7 matches in a row (30-54 lvl)

Most of our team was the same as well, mostly good players

Came across a few certain players that had a speed hack running the whole match (yes I got video)

Same said players also seemed to be unstunable and untargetable (unless you physically click on them with the mouse)

I targeted this same guy each match and he would get to 2% health and stay there for over a minute, no healers around and I was Crit hitting for over 8k... Eventually he would die... But by that time his other 3 mates from their 4 man premade would show up using their speed hack... And no... None of them were Sentinals or Sages

I would stealth out at this point and watch them speed run around

Next thing they are targeting me with abilities (not AOE) while I'm in stealth and completely out of their visual detection... And yes I know about the ranges

Lag spikes at critical times, like when we are capping or they are or trying to stop a cap... Their team capped regularly when we were AOEing the node and also attacking the capper

The whole time they are taunting our team saying we can never win and to just give up

Seemed a bit stupid for them to do this as people were reporting them and taking videos / screen shots of the chat

Anyway... At the end of the matches I started to look at their scoreboard to see how much damage I was doing to the guy I singled out...

"Surprise" he didn't appear on the scoreboard... Actually none of those 4 names you could see in game and in chat appeared on the scoreboard.

I went back and checked my combat log and the names were different and I checked the video to confirm... Sure enough they had different names

At the end of one match, one of their guys thought our whole team had left... And seemed to joyously type HACK HACK HACK.. in chat in response to all our guys who raged at them... I don't think he realised I was still there... I have a nice screen dump :)

Every match the team I was on saw what I did... Some of our guys were friends with people in those guilds, but did not recognise the names names... So they did some private chats after the matches

Seems this is a masking program they are using and is relatively new... Comes from Russia... And was supposedly written by the same hack programmers who developed the same one for WoW

Anyway these guys feel like they are invincible and that Bio can't detect what they are doing or if they do, the names will be different... Makes reporting them difficult when you don't know what name to report

Anyway... That is what myself and at least 10 others saw over the course of 7 matches

Yes, some have sent a report and emailed stuff to Bio

To sum up... Anyone who says hacks aren't available for swtor is just down right wrong...

Do they happen regularly??? ... I can say it is random... You may go months without seeing it... Then see it in 7 matches

Can most people spot a hack??? ... Normally I would say no, unless the people who adjusted the hack setting didn't know what they were doing and made it too apparent, like in the matches I witnesses....

Are hacks over reported??? ... Yes

But if this new masking program lets them run undetectable to Bio or makes them unreportable, I would say you will see a lot more

I would now expect Bio to delete this post or Thread because they don't want this made public... So if you want a copy I would suggest doing a print screen

?.. Gingers...

This name rings a bell, if I am correct its the only video I've seen posted that shown a guy exploiting via speed hack. Sorc or Assassin instant capping in hutt ball over and over?

I'm sorry, but if you look hard enough on the web, even within the last 6months you can find lots of video... Especially from so called hack sites that are promoting their hacks... I won't name them here... It's bad enough that a lot of people know them already... I don't want to publicly post a link

You may have been posting ideas to help with some problems... Kudos to you... But you missed the gist of my post... Normally a thread that discusses hacking does get hijacked by the hack deniers... I don't know if they are just trolling, trying to take attention away from the fact they hack themselves or really honestly don't know what they are talking about...

I spent a good 4 hours researching this today and it is all over the web if you know where to look...

Edited by Icykill_

. ostensively your friend doesnt even know ***limiter, let alone more sophisticated stuff..

I'm on your side regarding the rampant hackers in this game, but might I suggest you edit your posts to hide part of the program name you mentioned above :o

If you want to keep the cheating to a minimum, it is best that you don't publicise specifics...

Also some of the more technical guys have offered some legit technical reasons... Although they have omitted in their explanations some other reasons for what could be happening... But I think they honestly believe what they are saying and it is possible they are right...

If you want people to take your arguments seriously... Try not to insult them back... Take a minute for it to sink in after you've read it and then post... If they insult you... Be the bigger person and just respond with facts... Of course their will always be "the" one person who takes offence... Unfortunately that can't be helped

Sorry for the TWO posts, my son slammed my keyboard and loves to click my mouse, so above is the finished post.

LoL... Np... I know what you mean.... Not sure if you know, but you can edit and even remove your posts after

"Rampant hackers?"

What I don't even.....

No please no need to edit out program names. NetLimiter has been around for ages, however if it actually gave an advantage people would have been using it in this game ages ago. Except they don't, because lag switching doesn't give an advantage.

You can lag switch fine, but lag switching won't help you. This isn't a twich based FPS game, lagging doesn't decrease people's ability to hit you, although it does a magnificent job make making it difficult to for the switcher to defend himself while trying to reconnect.

You can lag switch fine, but lag switching won't help you. This isn't a twich based FPS game, lagging doesn't decrease people's ability to hit you, although it does a magnificent job make making it difficult to for the switcher to defend himself while trying to reconnect.

we already discussed that, pls read posts and answer them instead of ignoring again and repeating old comments. thats what he said:

This friend is a computer genius He did some looking into it for me and concluded that while it may be possible to make a lag switch, he agreed with the point that it would probably hurt the user more then it would help in a game of this type.

he has been proven wrong years ago. and swtor isnt that different from wow and rift. if theres a difference, then its much easier to apply such things here. wow aswell as rift are much more optimized and protected. thats not a big deal, because bw has no protection whatsoever.

Just because somebody said it is good doesn't mean a thing.

first it sure isnt about somebody who said its good. you mean its around for more than a decade because someone said its good ? :D really ? well contrary to my statement, there are just a few who claim otherwise :rolleyes:

when somebody saying its good doesnt mean a thing (hypothetically), then somebody saying its bad doesnt mean anything either :rolleyes:

Also some of the more technical guys have offered some legit technical reasons... Although they have omitted in their explanations some other reasons for what could be happening... But I think they honestly believe what they are saying and it is possible they are right...

no they havent. you seem easily impressed by guys who dont even differentiate between lag-switch and limiter, probably because they dont know ..

Limiter has been around for ages, however if it actually gave an advantage people would have been using it in this game ages ago. Except they don't, because lag switching doesn't give an advantage.

im pretty sure those kids didnt even know limiter before and use more advanced stuff. limiter and switch are just two tools amongst others. they use expressions like "nuff said", or convoluted words like detrimental in a simple context to impress dumb people. they arent technical just because they insist on the server being superior enough to rule and check on everything :rolleyes: to me thats just legitimately ridiculous and nothing else.

I'm on your side regarding the rampant hackers in this game

i doubt that. i dont know what youre up to, and i dont care. but do your thing ..

Edited by feuer

we already discussed that, pls read posts and answer them instead of ignoring again and repeating old comments. thats what he said:

he has been proven wrong years ago. and swtor isnt that different from wow and rift. if theres a difference, then its much easier to apply such things here. wow aswell as rift are much more optimized and protected. thats not a big deal, because bw has no protection whatsoever.

first it sure isnt about somebody who said its good. you mean its around for more than a decade because someone said its good ? :D really ? well contrary to my statement, there are just a few who claim otherwise :rolleyes:

when somebody saying its good doesnt mean a thing (hypothetically), then somebody saying its bad doesnt mean anything either :rolleyes:

no they havent. you seem easily impressed by guys who dont even differentiate between lag-switch and limiter, probably because they dont know ..

im pretty sure those kids didnt even know limiter before and use more advanced stuff. limiter and switch are just two tools amongst others. they use expressions like "nuff said", or convoluted words like detrimental in a simple context to impress dumb people. they arent technical just because they insist on the server being superior enough to rule and check on everything :rolleyes: to me thats just legitimately ridiculous and nothing else.

i doubt that. i dont know what youre up to, and i dont care. but do your thing ..

I guess just wow, you have devolved into name calling and insulting even people that support your argument, so this is the last I will say to you, get a life man. Report and Ignore cause that's all you can do, and coming here to try to act superior to others just makes you look like a d-bag. Just my opinion ofc. Icykill, you have to understand, and this is something you have probably seen if you are a regular on the forum, that quite a lot of people come here and post often about things like hacks just because they were beat or don't understand the game, it's the same with many posts calling for nerfs, or saying classes are over powered. Are some of those posts or complaints unfounded or just a l2p issue? Certainly not, but people become jaded after so many instances of people crying wolf, and ya some folks will just call B.S. or say l2p to each one, and some will offer insight into what they believe the problem may be, and some offer counter arguments, but really, I know you did some research and I also did, but were not tech experts, and we cannot say with certainty what is happening in that video. I would like to see your video of this supposed new Russian program, since that sounds way out but hey, since the fall of the Berlin wall, them guys have been pretty enterprising, lol. I guess what I'm trying to say is that. while hacks probably do happen in this game, and maybe Bioware has dropped the ball, maybe not, we don't work there.All we can do is report and maybe come here and post evidence to be discussed. The thing is, there are always gonna be differing opinions about everything. Saying here come the hack deniers and cheat sympathizers is counter productive, and arguing like a child like that other guy run counter productive to a good discussion. Post your vid in another thread and maybe try to get some good conversation going, but don't dismiss other opinions out of hand, meaning everyone, not just one side. Anyway these are just a guys early morning ramblings, coffee fueled and distracted by the sound of "daddy daddy daddy" "gimme gimme gimme".Be well

I guess just wow, you have devolved into name calling and insulting even people that support your argument, so this is the last I will say to you, get a life man. Report and Ignore cause that's all you can do, and coming here to try to act superior to others just makes you look like a d-bag. Just my opinion ofc. Icykill, you have to understand, and this is something you have probably seen if you are a regular on the forum, that quite a lot of people come here and post often about things like hacks just because they were beat or don't understand the game, it's the same with many posts calling for nerfs, or saying classes are over powered. Are some of those posts or complaints unfounded or just a l2p issue? Certainly not, but people become jaded after so many instances of people crying wolf, and ya some folks will just call B.S. or say l2p to each one, and some will offer insight into what they believe the problem may be, and some offer counter arguments, but really, I know you did some research and I also did, but were not tech experts, and we cannot say with certainty what is happening in that video. I would like to see your video of this supposed new Russian program, since that sounds way out but hey, since the fall of the Berlin wall, them guys have been pretty enterprising, lol. I guess what I'm trying to say is that. while hacks probably do happen in this game, and maybe Bioware has dropped the ball, maybe not, we don't work there.All we can do is report and maybe come here and post evidence to be discussed. The thing is, there are always gonna be differing opinions about everything. Saying here come the hack deniers and cheat sympathizers is counter productive, and arguing like a child like that other guy run counter productive to a good discussion. Post your vid in another thread and maybe try to get some good conversation going, but don't dismiss other opinions out of hand, meaning everyone, not just one side. Anyway these are just a guys early morning ramblings, coffee fueled and distracted by the sound of "daddy daddy daddy" "gimme gimme gimme".Be well

Well said. I have been playing this game since early access/beta and I have only ever seen one instance of "hacking" - a speed hack vid by a bloke called gingers.

Lag switch? How would that give anyone an advantage? It would just make you worse. I dont believe this for one min. I also refuse to believe the ramblings of players with a giant chips on their shoulders and tin foil hats on their heads. I would bet money the problem is not hacking, people do not need to hack to be competent at this game, they just need practice.

I have seen plenty of rubber banding, people falling through floors, client server lag but I have never seen anyone do that to gain an advantage and I just do not believe there is an "epidemic". These are bugs, the game was not optimized very well, if anyone remembers ilum world pvp they would know what I mean.

Pointing the finger at others saying they are just defending hackers because they secretly cheat etc, indicates to me that that person is supremely paranoid, a noob or one of those players that refuses to accept that the problem is with how they play or with their system.

Oh and yes, some of you may well have done some "research" and use this as some kind of evidence of foul play but I will simply say the internet is full of bollocks, you should not believe everything you read and you should not assume everyone who lags is doing it on purpose or that anyone who is competent is a cheat. You are paranoid.

Edited by PloGreen

short version:

get a life, l2p. oh and youre insultive. maybe hacks happen, but were not bw employees so who cares ? just shut up and report, lol. and just because we deny hacks that doesnt mean we deny hacks, you dismiss other opinions out of hand without referring to anything or explaining examples. you argue like a child, onesided ..

i wasnt aware i did insult someone who supported my argument. i said shes easily impressed, explained why and even added some quotes to make my point ..

you see theres always the reflex reaction, plain denial and latent aggression towards people who complain about hacks. you could call it childish and onesided, insultive sometimes .. i think a lot of people are not necessarily intimidated but annoyed to deal with that. for good reason. so they remain silent.

thats why plain denial and aggression works very well, or has at least for some years. but theres so much evidence around by now, threads, vids ..

what you (your friend who is real genius ..) said about this game, simply isnt true. even huge red caps, convoluted presentation, endless repeating, ignoring and insisting doesnt change that. its too apparent. so to really deny with some persuasiveness, you need to do justice to what is apparent. thats why the reflex reaction doesnt work in that matter anymore.

and thats why i dont think shes supporting my argument. its based on my experience with .. people here :D

I have been playing this game since early access/beta and I have only ever seen one instance of "hacking" These are bugs, the game was not optimized very well

Lag switch? How would that give anyone an advantage? It would just make you worse. I dont believe this for one min. I also refuse to believe the ramblings of players with a giant chips on their shoulders and tin foil hats on their heads. I would bet money the problem is not hacking, people do not need to hack to be competent at this game, they just need practice.

Pointing the finger at others saying they are just defending hackers because they secretly cheat etc, indicates to me that that person is supremely paranoid, a noob or one of those players that refuses to accept that the problem is with how they play or with their system.

this is exactly what they always say and what i mean :)

Edited by feuer

this is exactly what they always say and what i mean :)

It makes no difference to me what you believe. I stand by everything I have said, and its impossible to argue with logic like yours because its ridiculous.

The truth hurts i guess.

It makes no difference to me what you believe. I stand by everything I have said, and its impossible to argue with logic like yours because its ridiculous.

The truth hurts i guess.

same here. but i still argue in spite of that. i doubt you can do that :rolleyes:

Think its probably an issue with spell effects getting so muddled in Warzones. They should probably add a specific option for that in graphic preferences like they do for shadow, texture detail etc....

Ye you do, but the more you do the more outrageous your claims sound so be my guest it's funny to read.

outrageous ? i backed up everything i said. its the reason why pvp became more and more pointless. its onesided on every server, one way or another. people leave. newcomers dont last long. when a game has a bad community left, then pvp is lost. because you cant have fun pvp with dull people.

Edited by feuer

outrageous ? i backed up everything i said.

What, you provided extremely vague reasoning for your original claim, and have since then failed to provide any serious rebuttal to the counter arguments. Ad Homens do not count as "backing up" a claim.

Yes you are quite right with most of what you say... I will see if I can get the time to upload my vid to YouTube or something... I just don't feel right in splashing peoples names on the web... Especially those that would be innocent in the vid... I guess I could alway get Adobe out and edit/smudge those names...

.... Coffee please....

What, you provided extremely vague reasoning for your original claim, and have since then failed to provide any serious rebuttal to the counter arguments. Ad Homens do not count as "backing up" a claim.

is that why you couldnt answer me and called for help ? :D

i quoted you a lot. can you pls pick st you said from there and explain the serious rebuttal in that ?

Actually they provided reasons for why you may have seen those effects in the video. They are legitimate reasons for what maybe happening. I'm not saying that is what happened, just that it could be.

I work in the IT industry as a SMB tech running my own business. I admit I don't know much about gaming servers and how they operate, but I do know a lot about Gaming PC performance and net connections, all of which could contribute to what you saw.

From what I have read online, most of the "things" happening are client side, not server. You cannot effect someone else's connection, only your own. Unless you are doing a DDOS attack on the whole server to lag it, you would not be able to single out only those you are playing against.

But if you edit your own client side settings, then you can get the same desired effect because you are tricking the server into enhancing your abilities or stats, the the server needs to pause while others "catch" up to you. Obviously you can turn that on and off, so when you see the rubber banding or teleporting, it is possible they are "switching" these on and off. There are many other things too, but I won't go into detail.

Consider all options for your argument, keep an open mind that you maybe wrong... Otherwise what is the point of the original post, If you don't want any feed back

I asked early in the Thread what lag switching was because I wanted to know from a technical curiosity point of view... I have been listening to both sides of the argument... I have also done my own research... Lag switching is not a current method for doing what you describe... Wether it used to be possible, I don't know the answer... But the current methods seem to be the ones I listed above.

"Rampant hackers?"

What I don't even.....

No please no need to edit out program names. NetLimiter has been around for ages, however if it actually gave an advantage people would have been using it in this game ages ago. Except they don't, because lag switching doesn't give an advantage.

Far point. The evidence online seems to support your argument, especially the reconnection to the server. Once again, without trying this myself, it is impossible to offer a counter argument that it does work. Maybe feuer can confirm from testing this? But I certainly wouldn't try it, I value my account to much.

I have a Question though, is it possible that some person on your own team, who doesn't realise what you describe happens, is using this method and it is lagging/hurting your own team without them realising this??

Would the server wait for you or your team to catch up if you are close enough to them?

I work in the IT industry as a SMB tech running my own business. I admit I don't know much about gaming servers and how they operate, but I do know a lot about Gaming PC performance and net connections, all of which could contribute to what you saw.

From what I have read online, most of the "things" happening are client side, not server. You cannot effect someone else's connection, only your own. Unless you are doing a DDOS attack on the whole server to lag it, you would not be able to single out only those you are playing against.

But if you edit your own client side settings, then you can get the same desired effect because you are tricking the server into enhancing your abilities or stats, the the server needs to pause while others "catch" up to you. Obviously you can turn that on and off, so when you see the rubber banding or teleporting, it is possible they are "switching" these on and off. There are many other things too, but I won't go into detail.

Consider all options for your argument, keep an open mind that you maybe wrong... Otherwise what is the point of the original post, If you don't want any feed back

I asked early in the Thread what lag switching was because I wanted to know from a technical curiosity point of view... I have been listening to both sides of the argument... I have also done my own research... Lag switching is not a current method for doing what you describe... Wether it used to be possible, I don't know the answer... But the current methods seem to be the ones I listed above.

well i see the symptomes of lag-switching a lot. the way its described in wiki i mean. but like i said, there are multiple lag tools. i also explained to you how the client is abusable according to some experts. that was not to make a point, only to answer your question btw.

and i really dont care which tools are being used. that doesnt matter. that vid shows a teleporting hacker, and yes they lag aswell. and the pull reset is not a bug, srsly ? and then the reason why its a bug, might aswell have answered with chaos theory really. as long as you insist on it daddy buys your stuff :rolleyes: