Heroic Moment cooldown bugged

LegoUniverseBC

To be more specific, the Heroic Moment no longer receives bonuses from Legacy companion unlocks to cooldown and duration. It should be 15 minutes cooldown/2 minutes duration with all five companion bonuses unlocked but it seems this bonus was disabled with 2.8.

This is caused by the same thing that is making the Legacy unlocks not apply toward travel ability cooldowns. We are going to be addressing this in the patch to resolve the ongoing connectivity and instancing issues, which is currently targeted for tomorrow morning.

• 5 months later...

So here we are, almost 6 months down the road (sorry for the necropost), and it's STILL not fixed!

Here's my Legacy panel with the unlocks (notice 4 on the same character, which happens to be the character I'm currently signed in on)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b201/AshamanCurtis/SWTOR/Legacy_zps2537bc91.jpg

And here's the shot of the tooltip for the cooldown.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b201/AshamanCurtis/SWTOR/Legacy2_zpsaf3bf22e.jpg

A "bug" is understandable. But to be blunt, after 6 months this needs to either be fixed, or removed from the tooltip!

*Sigh*

Last time I was able to circumvent this because unlocking the Agent companions somehow granted the cooldown and duration bonuses back. But now I'm back to 20 min CD and 1 min duration and no workaround.

Can you please provide us with an update?

• 2 weeks later...

So, how about getting that fix for this issue?

Heroic Moment is unaffected in both cooldown and duration by companion affection unlocks. Tait's post, dated six months ago, suggests this is already a known issue, yet it isn't on the known issues list and remains a problem all this time later.

Hardly gamebreaking, but still something that would make things smoother when fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have all 40 companions unlocked. My cooldowns used to be down to 15, but I hardly ever used Heroic Moment. A guildie had this cooldown bug, and I checked and saw mine were okay. Now I notice on my marauder that the cd is 20m and duration 1m.

This is on Red Eclipse.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I just checked in on this to see it's current status, and it is slated for 3.1, but not finalized yet. I will know more next week.

Thank you Tait!

Is there a list of issues slated to be in the 3.1 fix? I've seen a couple posts on issues I am having. Maybe an update to the known issues thread/sticky?

Thank you Tait!

Is there a list of issues slated to be in the 3.1 fix? I've seen a couple posts on issues I am having. Maybe an update to the known issues thread/sticky?

A full list of "all scheduled bugs" for a certain patch would be something so frequently in flux that it would almost nullify the point of it. For example, you might see X bug on the list in the morning, and it would be gone by lunch. This would cause more frustration than good, which is why we prefer to give one-off updates on driving issues as we have them.

Since we're on the subject of Known Issues, it's certainly something I want to do see done better. The initial change from "list all the known bugs" was made to make the Known Issues a more usable tool for you guys - cut out some of the clutter, easier to navigate, get the information you were after faster. I feel like we overshot that, and now it lists too few. I want to revamp how it's done, and will likely implement further "regulations" to the Bug Report forum as a whole to make the entire place more useful.

A full list of "all scheduled bugs" for a certain patch would be something so frequently in flux that it would almost nullify the point of it. For example, you might see X bug on the list in the morning, and it would be gone by lunch. This would cause more frustration than good, which is why we prefer to give one-off updates on driving issues as we have them.

Since we're on the subject of Known Issues, it's certainly something I want to do see done better. The initial change from "list all the known bugs" was made to make the Known Issues a more usable tool for you guys - cut out some of the clutter, easier to navigate, get the information you were after faster. I feel like we overshot that, and now it lists too few. I want to revamp how it's done, and will likely implement further "regulations" to the Bug Report forum as a whole to make the entire place more useful.

Thanks for keeping an eye on it Tait !

As you write that the Known Issues are something that you like to see done better, wouldn't this be the opportunity to switch from posts on the forum to a public bugtracker like those used e.g. at wikimedia (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/) ?

And as i'm sure you're (hopefully) already using one for internal use, it's quite easy to wiretap those systems to create a view for external users - in this case for us, the playerbase :)

So everyone has the chance to see whats currently in work by the devs (critical exploit fixes, code details etc. can be hidden for public) and there is no need to edit a vast amount of lines in one forum post as the bugtracker updates itself while beeing used by the devs :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.