Resolve Bar for PvE Content… Must Needed Change...

Jamalzero

So if there are infinity stuns in those fights, tell me how is it that myself and many others have successfully beat those champions?

Because your tank is stunned almost the whole time cussing under their breath while you easy mode pew pew with your face rolling on the keyboard.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because your tank is stunned almost the whole time cussing under their breath while you easy mode pew pew with your face rolling on the keyboard.

I usually tank the champion myself, either as a tank (Shadow, Assassin), or as a dps (Commando, Gunslinger, Sage) with a healer or dps comp.

Not that using a tank companion is a bad idea or anything, I just generally don't bother to gear them up so they end up being crafting comps.

Edited by Khevar

I usually tank the champion myself, either as a tank (Shadow, Assassin), or as a dps (Commando, Gunslinger, Sage) with a healer or dps comp.

Not that using a tank companion is a bad idea or anything, I just generally don't bother to gear them up so they end up being crafting comps.

Dude, you sound like BW pays you for protecting their CC fest.

Just read your posts again.

Its sounds EXACTLY like they paying you.

So much denial for people that actually think that CC fest is bad....

And yet you acting like a white knight for BW.

I know that im actually wrong and no one pays you but...

Edited by Kingsbount

Says the guy who thinks that "more HP" is an interesting mechanic, and that NPCs are OP.

Dras_Keto made some excellent points and I mostly agree with him.

You, I don't.

This is your decision and not bad design on BW's part.

One of the things I quite like about TOR is the ability to select from companions possessing varied strengths; it makes for tactical flexibility when confronting differing opponents.

Conversely, if you choose to approach the game with a single cookie-cutter strategy, well that's okay too, but it's your decision.

Says the guy who thinks that "more HP" is an interesting mechanic, and that NPCs are OP.

Dras_Keto made some excellent points and I mostly agree with him.

You, I don't.

Sorry, kid. But as i said early - you see only what YOU want to see.

Also as far as i can see, your butthurt about HP are still here...

Or you love me so much... Hmm... But im not a gay. Sorry, kiddo. :eek:

You lose all your credibility when you start accusing people of being paid by BW/EA

Also as far as i can see, your butthurt about HP are still here...

Also, as far as I can see, you're not very good at the game, are complaining about NPCs that are "OP" and are asking for a nerf.

It's a shame.

Edited by Khevar

This is your decision and not bad design on BW's part.

One of the things I quite like about TOR is the ability to select from companions possessing varied strengths; it makes for tactical flexibility when confronting differing opponents.

Conversely, if you choose to approach the game with a single cookie-cutter strategy, well that's okay too, but it's your decision.

Absolutely.

The interesting thing is, that all three strategies (using a tank companion, using a dps companion, using a healer companion) are perfectly viable options for pretty much anything.

Edited by Khevar

Also, as far as I can see, you're not very good at the game, are complaining about NPCs that are "OP" and are asking for a nerf.

It's a shame.

Its their stuns are OP :D

As i was saying - you see only what YOU want to see :rolleyes:

But who cares, right?

But aside from stupid ranting i must say - some people... many people think that this so called "challenge" is a joke.

Stupid and not funny joke.

Stuns and knocks cannot be used to impove difficulty level.

Thats the REAL problem.

I suggested a solution:

First stun - character recieve buff. Next stun duration reduced by 50%

Second stun - stun lasts 50% of time. Stacking buff.

3rd stun - character have full immunity.

But i guess some people just not really understand what it means.

Edited by Kingsbount

No, thanks.

In PVE we can stun, push, knock back and interrupt our enemies, but they should not do that? Not fair. That is a part of the game, a little challenge in some places (really in all the planets? are you just kidding?), and can be played succesfully with any class. My sentinel is probably the worst class to play in most situations when survavility is needed, and i never thought about some kind of nerfing on enemies tactics, whatever they use to kill me. They are a test to adjust ourselves and learn new tactics. Resolve bar is not needed for PVE.

Im not saying nerf the enemies, I'm saying add a resolve bar to be immune to controlling effects for 6 sec once full… JUST LIKE PVP

If PvP can dictate how classes get affected(nerf/buff), why not PvE content as well???

Say this to the one of sub-bosses of heroic on Oricon.

Many people know who im talking about. Its a sniper or operative (i don't remember exactly).

He will stun you. Then again. Again. Again. And so on.

No AC in game have SO much stuns as this boss.

Also there is some crazy version of jedi/sith. He will smash you, then push you, then stun you. And again smash your face to the ground.

Challenge? Tactics? Definatly not.

Again another good point i forgot about the Champs on Oricon. Yes, they get 5-6 stuns off every 10 sec when you or with another player can only use your 2 hard stuns every 45 sec… On my Operative in full 180, and my Treek in full 168 i can solo this and its not really an issue but thats on my melee toons… my range classes on the other hand… not so much I only have 1 stun breaker (2 if you're a sorc/sage) a minute… and only ENG snipers have the 40 sec immunity to stuns/knockbacks/roots but to do so they must stay in cover and get slapped in the face by a glowstick.

Edited by Jamalzero

Im not saying nerf the enemies, I'm saying add a resolve bar to be immune to controlling effects for 6 sec once full… JUST LIKE PVP

If PvP can dictate how classes get affected(nerf/buff), why not PvE content as well???

I fully agree. Bioware seems to think that the only way to make things "challenging" is by preventing people from playing...which is all stuns and interrupts of any kind are. I am getting sick of it. I don't enjoy not being able to get off a flipping cast because something is going to push me, knock me down, freeze me, lift me, choke me, vanish or any such crap like that.

The point of all of this is .... and Ive been saying it this entire time .... Bioware seems to think that overloading a fight with CC and physics makes it difficult. It doesnt. It makes it annoying, tedious, and boring.

If you dont agree with me, whatever, youre entitled to your opinion. Maybe you dont have my pvp background. Maybe a lot of things. Maybe, inexplicably to me, you just like it.

Oricon (including the H2) is the only place I can think of where a resolve bar would be useful as a player. Being constantly cc'd is about as much fun in PVE as I find it in PVP, it's not.

It is however challenging for a fresh 55 on Oricon gearing up (and certain classes), that's not really a bad thing as long as it's done fairly. Constant CC isn't a good design philosophy, and not something i'd want to see repeated in future content. I really think they should have made Oricon auto-pvp flag players forcing players to not lone wolf content there, resolving the issue with Oricon (pun not intended).

Edited by Transcendent