Reg WM shorter?

FarizAA

Many of them are way too long. They start with 1.5 minute of waiting (when really 30-40 seconds are enough), and then they take 10+ minutes. Many WZ can be still playable while shorter. Civil war may be to 400, not to 500, hutball could be 8 minutes and end at 4 points, etc. It does not seems like a big difference, but 2-3 minutes per WZ really matters, when you play a lot of them.

What do you think?

Many of them are way too long. They start with 1.5 minute of waiting (when really 30-40 seconds are enough), and then they take 10+ minutes. Many WZ can be still playable while shorter. Civil war may be to 400, not to 500, hutball could be 8 minutes and end at 4 points, etc. It does not seems like a big difference, but 2-3 minutes per WZ really matters, when you play a lot of them.

What do you think?

/support

agreed. WZ's are way too long. Bring them down from 13-14 minutes to 8 minutes. 95% of wz's outcomes are figuerd out within the first minute anyways. Comebacks although fun, are very rare, and can still be accomplished in a shorter time.

agreed. WZ's are way too long. Bring them down from 13-14 minutes to 8 minutes. 95% of wz's outcomes are figuerd out within the first minute anyways. Comebacks although fun, are very rare, and can still be accomplished in a shorter time.

This as well. Even games are rare.

I am not asking for a big change, just hope some WZ will be 20-25% shorter.

I think most of the people who want to keep them as they are now have not played a lot of them. Again, it is about adjusting their length a bit, not about making all of them them blitz ones. Edited by FarizAA

I would support limiting Hutball matches to 4-0 and only 8 minutes. You almost immediately know when a game is lost, and there is not point in dragging it on. I have often wished for a I Concede-button that would end that match if a majority clicked it. (BTW, I really enjoy Huttball. Especially when people don't death match.)

I do however not really want to shorten the remaining WZs or arenas. At least not in the lowbies, as turnarounds happen all the time, but not really in the 55s either.

i can agree about the other wz...should have a boost like in AH, like if you hold a node for some time it does more damage. but i'd leave huttball the same..a come back is possible there even from 4-0 and in the given time

i can agree about the other wz...should have a boost like in AH, like if you hold a node for some time it does more damage. but i'd leave huttball the same..a come back is possible there even from 4-0 and in the given time

Nope. This would prevent comebacks in Nov Coast and Ald. If a team starts with less or some drop for whatever reason, there is no recovery.

Overall: This thread should be deleted.