How to Win PvP

Foambreaker

yeah, because there is absolutely nothing wrong with jugs/guardian.... currently.

I enjoy pvp on swtor its not nearly perfect but enjoyable, except with one class is a bit too OP. Im glad Widlstar came out so I can keep busy till bioware decideds to fix what is broken.

What if you're being beaten by your own class?

yeah, because there is absolutely nothing wrong with jugs/guardian.... currently.

Bizarrely specific denial.

People complaining about classes has existed long before guardians got buffed. People complaining about classes will exist long after TOR is shut down.

Edited by MCaliban

I enjoy pvp on swtor its not nearly perfect but enjoyable, except with one class is a bit too OP. Im glad Widlstar came out so I can keep busy till bioware decideds to fix what is broken.

So you're saying they do too much damage (dmg is the same or actually less without smash as when they were on the bottom of arena leaderboards - not near the bottom, at the bottom)? That they have too much cc (cc is the same, also)? Or that you can't kill one 1v1? I sincerely hope that you have fun in Wildstar...

Edited by Savej

How to win PvP,

read up on all the classes and learn them.

Also:

Learn to node guard.

Learn to respond to incap calls

Learn to use your taunts, even if you're not tank specced.

Learn to use your heals, even if you're not heal specced.

Learn positioning and line of sight.

Learn to prioritize targets. (and mark healers for your team)

Learn pass the ball. Learn to help set up passes.

Learn when to disrupt/stuns/mezz.

Learn to how to position your opponents.

Learn to kite.

Learn the strengths and weaknesses of various team compositions and how to adapt to them.

Learn when to rotate. If you have two nodes and six of your teammates are fighting three people at mid, that's a good sign it's time to hustle.

Learn when to pop your DCDs, when to use your warzone adrenals and medipacks, and when to run away.

Learn which teammates can be counted on to do their job, which are exceptional at it, and which need to be carried.

Learn to gear appropriately.

Also:

Learn to node guard.

Learn to respond to incap calls

Learn to use your taunts, even if you're not tank specced.

Learn to use your heals, even if you're not heal specced.

Learn positioning and line of sight.

Learn to prioritize targets. (and mark healers for your team)

Learn pass the ball. Learn to help set up passes.

Learn when to disrupt/stuns/mezz.

Learn to how to position your opponents.

Learn to kite.

Learn the strengths and weaknesses of various team compositions and how to adapt to them.

Learn when to rotate. If you have two nodes and six of your teammates are fighting three people at mid, that's a good sign it's time to hustle.

Learn when to pop your DCDs, when to use your warzone adrenals and medipacks, and when to run away.

Learn which teammates can be counted on to do their job, which are exceptional at it, and which need to be carried.

Learn to gear appropriately.

So much this.

But I'll also say that there are some pretty sick class imbalances in the game.

I'm sure someone is going to reply with this: "Dur duh *drool* but but 1v1 doesn't matter!"

I'm sorry, but It does. Look at the top 50 ranked slots. When there are only four players, one death, and no other objectives than last man standing, game breaking classes run the floor.

Seriously, try a ranked match with a Sorc healer, PT tank, sniper, and merc DPS against a jugg tank, OP healer, deception sin and veng jugg. You will begin to understand the problem.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

So much this.

But I'll also say that there are some pretty sick class imbalances in the game.

I'm sure someone is going to reply with this: "Dur duh *drool* but but 1v1 doesn't matter!"

I'm sorry, but It does. Look at the top 50 ranked slots. When there are only four players, one death, and no other objectives than last man standing, game breaking classes run the floor.

Seriously, try a ranked match with a Sorc healer, PT tank, sniper, and merc DPS against a jugg tank, OP healer, deception sin and veng jugg. You will begin to understand the problem.

1v1 healers don't do too much, neither do tanks necessarily. But in 4v4 they make the difference between winning and losing. Other great 1v1 classes (other than juggs) include sins and dps ops - not most ppl's first choices for teammates. 1v1 is a completely different game than 4v4 (or 8v8).

1 vs 1 can matter.

I was guarding a node the other day while the rest of my team was fighting over mid. A scoundrel popped up up and started eating through my health. I called for help and one person got there right about the time I died. The scoundrel vanished and they had to stand there while I waited to get out the gate.

After they left, the scoundrel waited until they left almost returned to mid and then attacked again. I called for help, and this time had a bit of health left when the person returned. She immediately ran off and the other person followed, but she got away.

This person's goal was not to grab the node. It was to harass it and force me to constantly call for help and pull people from mid, or get two people to guard the node. If I could simply kill her, no one would have to wait for me to return to the node after dying and the number of incap calls I'd make would be fewer.

An opposite example: node guarding at ancient hypergate, operative opens up on me, I call for help and no one comes, but that's fine as I'm able to stay alive for long enough for the timer to run down, and he gets caught in the blast radius.

So you're saying they do too much damage (dmg is the same or actually less without smash as when they were on the bottom of arena leaderboards - not near the bottom, at the bottom)? That they have too much cc (cc is the same, also)? Or that you can't kill one 1v1? I sincerely hope that you have fun in Wildstar...

I don't know about damage nerf or buff's but like I said before... There is no one class 1v1 that scares me more then a dps (well geared, duh!) jug/guardian. They do surprisingly good damage, maybe not the best but damn near it. I have seen dps jug/guardian out dps pure dps classes in wz and ranked.