Description of lore items? I don't get it.

Satelle

I've been wondering a while ago but nobody could tell me. Why some of the lore items have description and some don't? Why Jolee's chestplate and other parts have a description below saying it belonged to old Jedi but Marka Ragnos', Revan's, Bastila's and so on do not have anything? Even Recovered Hero pieces are described... something about being lost in void of space... What's going on here?

The pieces with the descriptions are legitimate; all other pieces are cheap knockoffs made in China. Sorry for the confusion.

If you do not have anything constructive to say - please don't, kid.

The sense of humor is strong with this one, apparently forum posts about video game items are serious business...

Real answer: the items were implemented at different times and possibly by different teams/developers, without paying super-close attention to consistency between the descriptions.

Making sure they all either have or don't have descriptions just was not a priority for that department and the end result is that some were released with them and others were not.

Edited by DarthDymond

The sense of humor is strong with this one, apparently forum posts about video game items are serious business...

Real answer: the items were implemented at different times and possibly by different teams/developers, without paying super-close attention to consistency between the descriptions.

Making sure they all either have or don't have descriptions just was not a priority for that department and the end result is that some were released with them and others were not.

I t's not a matter of sense of humour. His response was idiotic so I'd advice you and him to read this. Especially Forum Guidlines - point 4th.

Back to the topic - implementing in different times doesn't stop them from keeping description up, does it? In my opinion they focus on more trivial things in game already which is kind of amusing. They fix codex entries and yet they can't add description to items that people see on day regular basis. That's a bit strange.

Just an observation, and I do apologize for being snide, but I can't avoid seeing the irony in a few of the foregoing posts. How on earth can some of you people be so critical of the developers' inattention to detail when the grammar, spelling, and punctuation in your own writing is so obviously remiss?

A game like SWTOR, with literally hundreds of thousands of items is probably something of a management challenge insofar as proofing and copyediting are concerned; and these functions are never given high priority during production in MMOs to begin with. In a perfect world there would be no inconsistencies, but humans do make mistakes, as is so painfully obvious in reading through some of the posts in this thread.

Come on, folks, there are definitely more significant nits to pick.

Just an observation, and I do apologize for being snide, but I can't avoid seeing the irony in a few of the foregoing posts. How on earth can some of you people be so critical of the developers' inattention to detail when the grammar, spelling, and punctuation in your own writing is so obviously remiss?.

I'm sorry but english isn't my native language, sweetheart. I try hard though.

with literally hundreds of thousands of items.

That's why this thread is about lore items only and feature devs decided to put in half of them if you haven't noticed.

Edited by Satelle

I t's not a matter of sense of humour. His response was idiotic so I'd advice you and him to read this. Especially Forum Guidlines - point 4th.

:) in that case, according to the spirit of that same point, it could easily and just as good be applied to your initial response. but that aside.

In an ideal world consistency between various stages is closely guarded, and again, ideally there is a dedicated team guarding against inconsistencies. However. since maintaining such a dedicated team costs a lot of money which can be much better spend in places where it generates a return, game developers often have to forgo on this luxury.

As a result we have a codex which is being worked on, in various stages of fixing, there's still entries getting fixed, there's still accompanying pictures corrected when they show the wrong one or are missing one, and likewise descriptions will also be fixed if there is something wrong there.

I for one am already glad that something that has been bugging from the start is finally looked at... and that it doesn't happen to be the area of the game you like to see fixes in, well, that's tough for you but next time it may be the other way around...just be glad they ARE still fixing it.

As a result we have a codex which is being worked on, in various stages of fixing, there's still entries getting fixed, there's still accompanying pictures corrected when they show the wrong one or are missing one, and likewise descriptions will also be fixed if there is something wrong there.

I for one am already glad that something that has been bugging from the start is finally looked at... and that it doesn't happen to be the area of the game you like to see fixes in, well, that's tough for you but next time it may be the other way around...just be glad they ARE still fixing it.

Well that's something we don't know, never knew nor ever heard from devs. I don't remember them mentioning description issues. It also do not appear on their "known bugs list". I'd like to be optimistic too but they haven't done slightest step to fix that since inconsistencies started. Overlooking Revan's set isn't really trivial thing. After all Malak somehow got his description right.

Apologies for my first response, sometimes my attempts at humor are misinterpreted.

I think it would be awesome if we could add our own description to our items, perhaps with something like a dye kit or similar.

Edited by wiredgutter

Well that's something we don't know, never knew nor ever heard from devs. I don't remember them mentioning description issues. It also do not appear on their "known bugs list". I'd like to be optimistic too but they haven't done slightest step to fix that since inconsistencies started. Overlooking Revan's set isn't really trivial thing. After all Malak somehow got his description right.

I hear you, and no I too haven't seen description issues getting a separate mention, I have however seen various official confirmations that the Codex is still one of the things they keep fixing and improving. So I can only assume that since descriptions are just as much a part of the codex as entries not being unlocked that these too are included in that process. All we can do is report and hope it gets done in the near future.

EDIT: I read in an earlier post you are specifically talking about Lore entries. I don't know if the ones you refer to are mentioned in the collective thread in the bugs forum, but I gather from the first post that you are seeing this on a republic character? If this isn't already mentioned elsewhere, might be an idea to get real specific and list the ones by name you have no description for, and for which class (on my Sith Assassin for instance I have no single lore entry without a description, although I cannot vouch if they are correct as I am no lore expert.)

Edited by LeJarC

Back to the topic - implementing in different times doesn't stop them from keeping description up, does it? In my opinion they focus on more trivial things in game already which is kind of amusing. They fix codex entries and yet they can't add description to items that people see on day regular basis. That's a bit strange.

Oh come on! It was pretty funny and didn't do any harm. Don't be so uptight.

As for why they don't have description on some items but do on others; nobody knows. Write a letter to bioware if you really want to know.

It's called "humor". As long as he's not being insulting toward anyone, there's nothing wrong with a tongue-in-cheek response.

I found item descriptions on starter planet (Ord Mantell, in this case) mission items - descriptions in general are gone for seemingly almost all other mission items later in the game.

And only very, very special items get item descriptions at all, like adegan crystal (or how it is called).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

"Constructive" and "Destructive" are value judgments on an action, and essentially subjective.

A says B is destroying a forest, C says B is constructing a suburb, but the only objective truth is change.

So you can legitimately opine that you don't think a post is constructive, but that's only according to your value system. Other people may legitimately disagree.

For the record, I consider this post constructive. YMMV.

You're citing forum guidelines....not the rules of conduct. If posting was limited to "constructive" posts (and who is the arbiter of what constitutes a "constructive post?), then 90% of the forums would need to be deleted.

The pieces with the descriptions are legitimate; all other pieces are cheap knockoffs made in China. Sorry for the confusion.

:D

Clever and witty response. I feel sad for people who didn't at least grin after reading that.

And yes, humor is very sexy.

On topic, I have no idea. I suspect a mix of laziness and not caring enough.