Sorc Healers should I even bother?

SEANeD

Sorc healers might be the worst spec in game right now, but does anyone really care? I haven't seen anyone pushing for buffs so I guess everyone else is amazing and doing fine and I'm just bad? Idk. What are your thoughts people would everyone be cool if sorc heals are buffed a bit? I kind of want to start playing this game again and this spec is fun, but seriously solo ranked with this spec is *********** retarded.

Op healers are too good which makes Sorc Healers look bad, but with teamwork Sorc's are very good in ranked.

In team ranked if you bring one you're at a huge disadvantage compared to bringing an op or merc and in solo ranked you can play perfect and lose.

1 word. mitigation. They don't heal as fast as ops or mercs no, but the bubble absorbing damage and also increasing my guardian tanks armor by 10% means i'd much rather have a sorc healer than anything else in pvp, especially as they can do it to eveyone and not just me.

Op healers are too good which makes Sorc Healers look bad, but with teamwork Sorc's are very good in ranked.

Bringing down op healers (or mercs for that matter) will not magically make sorcs better, it will just make operatives worse...

Healing in this game is at an all time low, no healer is OP anymore.

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

Sage/sorc healer since early access btw.

Edited by alexsamma

1 word. mitigation. They don't heal as fast as ops or mercs no, but the bubble absorbing damage and also increasing my guardian tanks armor by 10% means i'd much rather have a sorc healer than anything else in pvp, especially as they can do it to eveyone and not just me.

I retract my previous statement, this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard...

Don't bother healing on a sorc unless you are in regs or pve. Wait till 3.0 when the finially get brought in line with the other healers.

Is there buff coming? My main is Sage and even if I play only reqs I want to see buff :p

Well we sorc healers did ask for buffs right around when 2.4 was on PTS and it became clear sorc healers were worse than useless in arenas, but that was about the time that EAware replied with heal to full, make them pay. :rolleyes:

We've pretty much burned ourselves out banging our heads against EAware's stupidity and have long since rerolled ops.

mercs better than sorc? lol...I've seen 1.7 mill with a sorc and over 1 mil regularly, only see mercs top 1 mil occasionally.

In ranked arena yeah they need a bit of movement buff...but if there is a tank they do pretty good.

All healing classes can easily break 2 million in regs, has not been a big deal since 2.0...

You're not even talking about the right stat, what you want to look at is HPS (burst healing, healing while CC'd, and energy management are also important, but not reported on the scoreboard).

All healing classes can easily break 2 million in regs, has not been a big deal since 2.0...

You're not even talking about the right stat, what you want to look at is HPS (burst healing, healing while CC'd, and energy management are also important, but not reported on the scoreboard).

Easily break 2 mill? lol got a laugh out of that.

Easily break 2 mill? lol got a laugh out of that.

Hit 2.8mil in an arena heal fest once, but never seen over about 1.7mil in regs and that was definitely an outlier. I regularly see healers hit the 1mil-1.4mil mark, but regularly seeing healing over 2mil? I don't think so.

A bunch of us posted all over the PTS forums but no dev response.

That's because all sorc/sage threads are overrun by people who normally don't play the class or even have one of the AC'es. Every time someone even hints a sorc/sage buff you have people worried that their number one target will go away. Don't want to worry them with having to think out a plan or consider other targets.

The other problame is that sorc/sage PvE heroes will jump in an claim that all is well. I'm pretty sure that BW only skims posts, assuming they read them at all, so it may very well give them the impression that half the crowd is satisfied. What's ironic though is that almost 100 % of the sages/sorcs I come across in pugs are struggling with the management, even in PvE. If you can't control your management you'll eventually die from not being able to heal yourself, which often is a problem around the 1-2 minute mark in Arenas, assuming you live that long.

That said, they are perfectly fine in regs. As for numbers in general, anyone els feeling that everything was brought down a notch? I rarely see any high numbers anymore and I'm suspecting that it has to do with the current class balance, people are playing classes that have strong defensive abilties or bubbles, the latter bringing down dps numbers on charts.

Edited by MidichIorian

Sorc/Sage healing in PvP is just fine, as long as all of the other team ignores you for the entire match.

Other than that it tends to be bubble your team, super-bubble yourself, die when other team swaps to you after your bubble bursts.

Effective PvP healing requires being able to heal while on the move, Sorc/Sages can move or heal, but not both. Hence, they are terrible in PvP unless the opposition is totally incompetent.

A bit squishy as well, but the core problem is that the class can only do half of a PvP healer's job.

That's not to say that you can't PvP as a sorc/sage healer, but the goal tends to be not winning, but surviving a few seconds longer than you did in the last match. In regular WZs where you do find teams bad enough to leave a sorc/sage healer alone for long periods it is possible to be a significant asset to your team. That says more about the quality of the other team than it does about sorc/sage PvP healing viability.

all sages are funky. bubbles are nice and a tremendous utility, but barrier is stupid. you only achieve interrupt immunity by going into barrier for X seconds. and there's an internal cd on the bubble. so you have the squishiest base healer (armor) whose only instant (w/o rampup) is a self heal and a bubble on 20s cd. I would rather see the cd on bubble eliminated (for the sage himself) and turn barrier into a bubble buff that automatically awards interrupt-free casting. then you can tweak the bubble to absorb more or less % according to how it works on PTS.

That's because all sorc/sage threads are overrun by people who normally don't play the class or even have one of the AC'es. Every time someone even hints a sorc/sage buff you have people worried that their number one target will go away. Don't want to worry them with having to think out a plan or consider other targets.

The other problame is that sorc/sage PvE heroes will jump in an claim that all is well. I'm pretty sure that BW only skims posts, assuming they read them at all, so it may very well give them the impression that half the crowd is satisfied. What's ironic though is that almost 100 % of the sages/sorcs I come across in pugs are struggling with the management, even in PvE. If you can't control your management you'll eventually die from not being able to heal yourself, which often is a problem around the 1-2 minute mark in Arenas, assuming you live that long.

That said, they are perfectly fine in regs. As for numbers in general, anyone els feeling that everything was brought down a notch? I rarely see any high numbers anymore and I'm suspecting that it has to do with the current class balance, people are playing classes that have strong defensive abilties or bubbles, the latter bringing down dps numbers on charts.

Numbers are down because derpps is up, even two coordinated dpsers can run through someone faster than a healer can keep them up, the only time this changes is when either multiple healers are present or there is a tank that guardswaps.

You don't see many high number games now because people die too fast, if you are the team getting ram-rodded you won't be up long enough to pull big healing numbers, if your team is decimating the other team then you simply don't need to pull big healing numbers.

Edited by alexsamma

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.