The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech Tank Auguments

Angamir

Quick question really.

I am good Powertech DPS - I have full 180 gear with auguments well over 3000 on Mox on Operation Dummy, I do no problem all HM OPS, and try to do DF NiM a bit (2nd boss almost done)

The thing is I am stashing gear to offspec as a tank, and I wonder what kind of Auguments i should use. I mean i red all those wise ppl guides about percentage 41-40-21, but the truth is I will probably never have Tanking off-spec gear on the highest possible level, so I wont reach thos numbers anyway - I will be DPS first and foremost.

Thats why I wonder what universal set of Auguments I should buy, to be able to off-scep as Powertech Tank successfuly whenn needed. Having in mind that my tanking gear is low right now and I will upgreade it slowly.

(Underwordl / Verpine right now)

Can someone plz write down what set of 14 Auguments I should buy ?

OFC I am taking about PVE

8 Absorb 6 Shield ?

Thx in advance !

Edited by Angamir

Quick question really.

I am good Powertech DPS - I have full 180 gear with auguments well over 3000 on Mox on Operation Dummy, I do no problem all HM OPS, and try to do DF NiM a bit (2nd boss almost done)

The thing is I am stashing gear to offspec as a tank, and I wonder what kind of Auguments i should use. I mean i red all those wise ppl guides about percentage 41-40-21, but the truth is I will probably never have Tanking off-spec gear on the highest possible level, so I wont reach thos numbers anyway - I will be DPS first and foremost.

Thats why I wonder what universal set of Auguments I should buy, to be able to off-scep as Powertech Tank successfuly whenn needed. Having in mind that my tanking gear is low right now and I will upgreade it slowly.

(Underwordl / Verpine right now)

Can someone plz write down what set of 14 Auguments I should buy ?

OFC I am taking about PVE

8 Absorb 6 Shield ?

Thx in advance !

The augments depend a lot on boss fights, and other things as well. This thread was created with the purpose of finding the ideal stat distribution for each class for each operation and stuff, so you can look in there and get your augments depending on gear.

Its complicated stuff though :(

The augments depend a lot on boss fights, and other things as well. This thread was created with the purpose of finding the ideal stat distribution for each class for each operation and stuff, so you can look in there and get your augments depending on gear.

You may never have a BiS off tank set, but that thread will tell you how much defense, shield, and absorb you should have for a given stat budget total. Just add up your DR, SR, and AR, round to the nearest one hundred, and find the entry under Vanguard/Powertech Average and click on the spoiler button. On my guardian and on my vanguard, who are nothing near BiS, that ends up being mostly absorb augments, but your mileage may vary.

Thats exacly what I dont want to do ... lol

I want to buy 14 Auguments that I could carry on my tanking gear, without really thinking about oprimising anything.

This is just for off-spec. I dont need to be topping charts on Mox or anything ! I just want to buy a single set of Auguments that I can carry arraund all the time untill i get top gear.

If you were to buy just 14 Auguments nad never swap them for others - which would you buy !

You may never have a BiS off tank set, but that thread will tell you how much defense, shield, and absorb you should have for a given stat budget total. Just add up your DR, SR, and AR, round to the nearest one hundred, and find the entry under Vanguard/Powertech Average and click on the spoiler button. On my guardian and on my vanguard, who are nothing near BiS, that ends up being mostly absorb augments, but your mileage may vary.

14 Absorb sounds a bit too drastic ...

I want to have set that will always be at least decent. 14 Absorb might be bit too much.

I want to buy 14 Auguments that I could carry on my tanking gear, without really thinking about oprimising anything.

This is just for off-spec. I dont need to be topping charts on Mox or anything ! I just want to buy a single set of Auguments that I can carry arraund all the time untill i get top gear.

If you were to buy just 14 Auguments nad never swap them for others - which would you buy !

I run Shield Augments in my gear, though with 2.8's changes i may run Shield in MH/OH and Chest,Helm,Pants,Boots. and Defence in all others.

if you are going to be tanking SM ops... then it does not matter whatsoever, what augments you have (or if you have them)

if you are going to be doing HM or NiM raids, then you *HAVE TO* have the correctly weighted gear. Or you are basically just a dps with a taunt button that goes *squish* as soon as anything looks at you.

just optimize a generalized set and leave it as it is. No need to worry about it then.

• 3 weeks later...

You can't do that with tanks...you Must add up and do the math...Just doesn't work any other way...Can't be lazy with

tank stat mitigation...will get you and your raid team killed fast.