• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might take you a while to catch me Syc :3

Update for Wacky:

Wackycamel <Sponsored by Giradda>

Engineering Sniper

1 Mil HP Dummy

TTK: 3m 44.937s DPS: 4445.69

Could have been better if the crits came from the scatter bombs, but w/e.

I still need that 186 offhand also :p I was comparing the average damage of our abilities between the parses and your tech attacks are waaayyyy higher then mine :p

Thread has been updated.

Also,

Whenever posting both the TTK and Effective DPS, make sure you post it up to the 3rd decimal and calculate it with up to the 3rd decimal, as well. On the leaderboard I'm only key'in up to the first decimal is because it saves space and time to key in all that extra two digits.

I'll clarify this on the prase submission part in near future.

Parse on,

Kenji

What's the ruling/thinking on out-of-combat buffs/stacks with a respec? Anything in-combat is obviously out of the question, and out of combat actions that don't involve a respec I assume are fine. The overall game-wide 2.9 leaderboards do allow out-of-combat stacking with a respec, but I didn't see anything specific to the BC thread when I poked around.

I believe the main specs that can be used to prestack (before respecing out) are Tactics Vanguards, Combat Sents, and Scrapper Scoundrels, though I haven't tested all of those.

I'm not really sure which way I'm leaning towards. It keeps the BC parses in line with the overall leaderboards for easier comparison. But it's kinda annoying and not really something I'd usually do in an ops environment, unless there's a natural break and some time to fiddle around. Then again, it's not like the ops dummy isn't already different from a real ops fight in a lot of other ways, too.

What's the ruling/thinking on out-of-combat buffs/stacks with a respec? Anything in-combat is obviously out of the question, and out of combat actions that don't involve a respec I assume are fine. The overall game-wide 2.9 leaderboards do allow out-of-combat stacking with a respec, but I didn't see anything specific to the BC thread when I poked around.

I believe the main specs that can be used to prestack (before respecing out) are Tactics Vanguards, Combat Sents, and Scrapper Scoundrels, though I haven't tested all of those.

I'm not really sure which way I'm leaning towards. It keeps the BC parses in line with the overall leaderboards for easier comparison. But it's kinda annoying and not really something I'd usually do in an ops environment, unless there's a natural break and some time to fiddle around. Then again, it's not like the ops dummy isn't already different from a real ops fight in a lot of other ways, too.

Good question!

My answer to your inquiry is yes: Using Field Respec to prestack to gain that extra advantage is allowed. I've seen many sentinels double-stack as well as operatives spec'in into acidic blade and back into lethality before the boss pull. Since these techniques are internal and limited to personal advanced class, it is a far more consistent variable as opposed to external buffs such as Nightmare Power (from Nightmare Pilgrim worldboss) or a sentinel's inspiration.

I will, perhaps with better wording, clarify this in the rules in near future. If there's anything else on your mind, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Kenji

Edited by LaniAkavir