Is there a increased crafting crit rate for subscribers?

shyninja

Ive noticed something that once I subbed the rate of my crafting crits increased dramatically. 3-6 times a day on a single character.

When I preferred if i was lucky I get maybe 1 ever couple of days. These were across the board on crafting skills and mission, I'd just rarely crit. I'd also very rarely get crafting missions.

Just wondering if its confirmed by Bioware that F2P/Preff has a lower chance of crit compared to Subs. I couldn't find much info if so.

For more info all my companions are fairly optimized for crit chances. Ex. T7=Slicing, Kira=Synthweaving Tanno=Armsmech, Treek=Artifice, Ship Droid Sensor=Cybertech

As well as I have all 3 Legacy of Crafting unlocked on my main crafters.

Edited by shyninja

I'm not sure if its RNG because the rate seems rather consistent, about 4 months as a Preffered on avg 1-2 crits every couple days on a single char. 3 weeks as a Sub 4-6 crits on a regular daily basis in those 3 weeks.

I also send out my comps in the same manner as I did when I was preffered. About Twice a day on the highest critting companion.

For things like augments and things you usually craft multiples of, I can't really judge because on preferred you can only que on at a time.So I don't think I can make a direct comparison there,

But things like Slicing, Treasure Hunting, Artifice, Diplomacy the change seems rather drastic,

Yes please don't use this thread as a confirmation. This is based off my own experience. I was wondering if people had a similar trend as I did of increased crits when they subbed. I looked through the notes on F2P/Sub difference but couldn't find much info on it. Edited by shyninja

I was puzzled by this exact thing when i subbed nearly 2 months ago (after 8 months of playing as a preferred), f2p/sub comparison page was obviously no help, but entry labeled 'crafting augmented items' in options/tutorials/crew skills states that subs do indeed have higher chance of 'receiving augmentation slot' compared to f2p/preferred. SCREEN

The exact difference is not stated, but since the entry 'reverse engineering' contains the same phrase and chances are cut in half for non subscribers, its safe to assume chances on crafting crits for f2p/prefs are halved as well.

Hope this clears things up... The question from me - are mission and gathering skills affected by this as well and how companion crafting and affection bonuses factor in? :rak_02:

I was puzzled by this exact thing when i subbed nearly 2 months ago (after 8 months of playing as a preferred), f2p/sub comparison page was obviously no help, but entry labeled 'crafting augmented items' in options/tutorials/crew skills states that subs do indeed have higher chance of 'receiving augmentation slot' compared to f2p/preferred. SCREEN

The exact difference is not stated, but since the entry 'reverse engineering' contains the same phrase and chances are cut in half for non subscribers, its safe to assume chances on crafting crits for f2p/prefs are halved as well.

Hope this clears things up... The question from me - are mission and gathering skills affected by this as well and how companion crafting and affection bonuses factor in? :rak_02:

Firstly, thank you for obtaining the information. Second, my guess is that the subscriber chance is the standard and F2P/Prem are reduced, but that is neither here nor there.

To your question, I know that the "legacy of crafting" legacy perk does not affect gathering and mission skill missions, so that is 1% to 3% crit chance difference right there. If I had to guess, the system only affects the base crit chance of all crew skills. My reasoning is too many chances for bugs to crop up; having to decrease the base chance and the affection bonus and the companion bonus are three points of failure where simply decreasing the base chance (by a significant amount) is only one point of potential failure and more elegant IMO. Furthermore...break out your tinfoil hats...only having one point of adjustment means only one place to tweak the percentages behind the scenes.