Nightlife packs - when are they gonna be released at global servers?

anorexiaboy

Yeah, judging by past release dates for packs, I'd bet on the 10th of June.

And the fact that 2.8 and the festival starts then only makes me more certain.

And I can add to that the fact that I think the Club Vertica pack will be the first one to be released judging by the look of the weapons.

Usually the first pack in a group of packs has the weapons with the least added shiny bits.

The Club Vertica pack has a blaster pistol and blaster rifle without scope or lasers or anything like that.

The Star Cluster pack has a blaster pistol and rifle with scopes added.

So that's why I think the Vertica pack will be first.

The Star Cluster pack would then probably be released on July 15th.

June tenth sounds logical, but with this being a new shipment I'd not be surprised if they moved it up a month to push the second pack with the rancor mount out of the Nar Shaddaa event. As to not to compete with the Kingpin Rancor. Well, that's what I probably would have done, at least.

Let's hope never. Maybe then they can focus on developping actual content instead of cartel market ****.

So CM artists actually would be able to contribute to other portions of the game? Doubtful. Also that over 100 million they made in CM revenue would make such a silly notion for a business to suddenly drop.

Let's hope never. Maybe then they can focus on developping actual content instead of cartel market ****.

Oh look yet another person who refuses to recognise that the CM is a separate entity.

This is just as bad as the pvp people whining when they work on something besides making it easier for them to kill other people via pixel :rolleyes:

Yes we get it, you don't want them to work on rp or anything that's not of interest of you. I have zero interest in pvp and gsf, but I don't come to the forums and start frothing at the mouth if they decide to focus on them for an update.

Do I want bug fixes? Yep. Do I want more story quests? Yep, sure do! Do I want player housing and new armor weapon sets? Yep! Everyone seems to forget that they have different teams working on different projects at any given time, which is why I shake my head when people go rabid when what they want isn't presented to them on a platter.

Bobs job is making powdered donuts. Nicks job is making lattes but he is putting in the new machine right now. But you want Bob to stop making donuts to make you a latte, and have a tantrum when that's not his job...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Oh look yet another person who refuses to recognise that the CM is a separate entity.

Oh look yet another person who refuses to recognize that this game has only a fixed investment amount allocated between entities.

Edited by tanerb

Oh look yet another person who refuses to recognize that this game has only a fixed investment amount allocated between entities.

And if the profit from the Cartel Market is subsidizing further non-CM content development, then what? After all, free expansion packs may not generate a directly-attributable revenue stream the way the CM does.

Sometimes the sizzle pays for the steak.

Sometimes the sizzle pays for the steak.

OMG I love steak. I've been on this kick where we do it like Gordon Ramsey where you seer it super hot on both sides, then do the butter over top and then put the whole thing (pan and all) into the oven to finish it off. A little gorgonzola or blue on the top. Fantastic!

OT:

So the major problem I have with the "packs" is that they put out exclusive content, yes I said content, via the packs and force you (no pun intended) into gambling. The Black/Black is a great example of how items can be kept exclusive. You can take your chances with the dye packs *OR pay 2000 CC. 2000 is a high enough price to keep folks from flooding the GTN with them yet you're not *required to obtain them via gambling.

Because having a bunch of artists writing the code that drives your game isn't a recipe for disaster. :rolleyes:

OMG I love steak. I've been on this kick where we do it like Gordon Ramsey where you seer it super hot on both sides, then do the butter over top and then put the whole thing (pan and all) into the oven to finish it off. A little gorgonzola or blue on the top. Fantastic!

OT:

So the major problem I have with the "packs" is that they put out exclusive content, yes I said content, via the packs and force you (no pun intended) into gambling. The Black/Black is a great example of how items can be kept exclusive. You can take your chances with the dye packs *OR pay 2000 CC. 2000 is a high enough price to keep folks from flooding the GTN with them yet you're not *required to obtain them via gambling.

No one is forcing you to do anything. If you want something use Credits on the GTN.

Yes... investment money that comes from the revenue created by the game... a revenue that consists of more than 50% from the cartel market. :rolleyes:

So let's stop that revenue part and see how much of the remaining <50% they invest in the game... :rolleyes:

^This. The cash shop only helps fund the greedy investors of EA and to the department to reskin the same tired ****** every month. All the devs care at this point is gouging the playerbase and you drones fall for it.

Yes... investment money that comes from the revenue created by the game... a revenue that consists of more than 50% from the cartel market. :rolleyes:

So let's stop that revenue part and see how much of the remaining <50% they invest in the game... :rolleyes:

They could use that revenue to develop actual content instead of releasing the same tired garbage every 4 weeks. No wonder TOR is bleeding subs and people are flocking to ESO and Wildstar

Edited by FTFlop

They could use that revenue to develop actual garbage instead of releasing the same tired garbage every 4 weeks. No wonder TOR is bleeding subs and people are flocking to ESO and Wildstar

from what I hear the launch of eso went, lets just say, less than smoothly, including large scale bans, login issues, duping problems that screwed the economy, bots in pvp, dreadfully slow leveling ( on top of laggy according to my friend), of whom who left for eso just came back saying he could not stand that crap anymore

Edited by Sangrar