Ebon Hawk Progression

Coffee

I'd say just track it like it's been tracked so far. Guilds who cleared it with NiM power have titles, and they will be at the top of the list already, indicating that they got it done first. If we do it another way, it puts us all into a debate over "is <X> boss with NiM power more difficult than <Y> boss without ? For instance, should a kill against NiM+ Draxus be more heavily weighted than a kill against NiM-nerf Brontes? I don't know...seems too complicated.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I can tell, nightmare power is removed from NiM DF. I haven't been in there personally, but everyone who had gone 5/5 before 2.8 who has now been in there (a few on the forums) says that things are hitting a lot weaker. In fact, this is apparently causing problems with Grob'thok, since the lava is nerfed but the adds still have crudloads of HP, so they don't die from lava alone. People are also reporting somewhat insane results on Brontes, like pushing the first shield at 25%. Edited by KeyboardNinja

Well as of yesterday it was bugged and still has NiM power stats, not sure with the fixes they rolled out on the servers over night whether it was fixed.

Depends on the server/instance. There have been conflicting reports as to whether or not it's actually nerfed. Since it seems bugged currently, ie, fire in Grob'thok doesn't kill adds reliably, progression tracking until the bug fixes go through is a moot point.

Sythise stated on the spreadsheet that post-NiM Power kills will be tracked in a different color if you check out the key at the bottom of the sheet, which I think is acceptable. NiM Power kills reflect a true "Nightmare Mode" experience, and it makes sense that the guilds who succeeded under that should be rewarded with a higher ranking. The devs echo that sentiment with the inclusion of the "Conqueror of the Dread Fortress" title that is now unobtainable.

While this means any further NiM DF progression won't be marked as part of the NiM Power tier, it at least gives guilds a shot at letting the server know that they're pushing harder content. I'd really encourage guilds that want to hit NiM DP while NiM Power is active to go in and get gear from NiM DF in its nerfed state. It'll make progression in NiM DP go a lot smoother.

Edited by Headpunch

PV cleared NiM DF 16m in a linear manner tonight. Prior to this, we had killed Draxx, Grob, and Brontes as a full guild 16m under NiM power. Our thoughts are that the instance has been super nerfed w/NiM power. Healers felt it was a snore fest, tanks were laughing at the damage taken per second, and DPS were bored with the checks.

NiM C-0 on 16m will still wipe you if people don't spread out, Orbs can still 1 shot you in Brontes, and the clock phase burn can be a bit tight if people derp, so you still have to execute mechanics. Basically, as long as groups are on par with the mechanics, people shouldn't have problems with the instance in its current state.

http://imgur.com/vyEffmY

Edited by Headpunch

PV cleared NiM DF 16m in a linear manner tonight. Prior to this, we had killed Draxx, Grob, and Brontes as a full guild 16m under NiM power. Our thoughts are that the instance has been super nerfed w/NiM power. Healers felt it was a snore fest, tanks were laughing at the damage taken per second, and DPS were bored with the checks.

NiM C-0 on 16m will still wipe you if people don't spread out, Orbs can still 1 shot you in Brontes, and the clock phase burn can be a bit tight if people derp, so you still have to execute mechanics. Basically, as long as groups are on par with the mechanics, people shouldn't have problems with the instance in its current state.

http://imgur.com/vyEffmY

Yeah I've heard it described as HM damage values and checks with NiM mechanics. Which, considering the mechanics check in these two instances is not as bad as it was in NiM TFB and SV (in my opinion anyway), that isn't saying a whole lot.

Basically, the general concensus from most people I've talked to is disappointment at how easy it is now. Hopefully they'll keep the NiM power buff around for DP a little longer than they did for DF, or even better, perhaps they can add NiM Power back as a selectable difficulty later on somehow, but without the title.