Razorwire Systems question

With the changes to interdiction mine is it ok to stick with concussion mines now? Able to have 3 loaded out at a time as well as picking up the speed decrease on the tier 4 seismic mines. Seems like it would be better for area denial at the cost of some detonation range on the seismic mine.

Thoughts?

Regarding the Seismic choice: There are good arguments either way -- it's nice to have a choice like this.

And yes, nothing wrong with taking concussions next patch. Nothing wrong with that at all. Interdictions will still be useful though, if you don't want to.

With the changes to interdiction mine is it ok to stick with concussion mines now? Able to have 3 loaded out at a time as well as picking up the speed decrease on the tier 4 seismic mines. Seems like it would be better for area denial at the cost of some detonation range on the seismic mine.

Thoughts?

If you want pure damage to hull mines concussion will deffinetly be the way to go post patch. I you wanted them for max damage id suggest not taking the extra mine on concussion and the extra radius on seismic is way too good.

Less mines is actually better then more, which is really hard for some people to grasp. It's why I'll still be using interdiction after the patch.

Once you have your max amount of mines out, if you put more down it detonates your other mines for. This way if clever pilots are staying just out of proximity or line of sitting the mines, because they need line of sight to go off. You can just place your new mines down and detonate them yourself. The explosion doesn't need line of sight to do damage so with bigger damage radius and less mines you can actually do more damage.

Hope that helps :)

If you want pure damage to hull mines concussion will deffinetly be the way to go post patch. I you wanted them for max damage id suggest not taking the extra mine on concussion and the extra radius on seismic is way too good.

Less mines is actually better then more, which is really hard for some people to grasp. It's why I'll still be using interdiction after the patch.

Once you have your max amount of mines out, if you put more down it detonates your other mines for. This way if clever pilots are staying just out of proximity or line of sitting the mines, because they need line of sight to go off. You can just place your new mines down and detonate them yourself. The explosion doesn't need line of sight to do damage so with bigger damage radius and less mines you can actually do more damage.

Hope that helps :)

It really comes down to how you play your bomber. I personally use concussion + seeker build to drop a shoal of 6 mines, I personally believe this is the best node defense choice as you have the time to drop all 6 and can still force a detonate. With 6 mines and a full toughness build I can solo hold a node long enough for my team to come help if there is a big push.

I will admit that this loadout is weaker for taking nodes and I'm 5k requisition away from mastering my razor. So I will be switching up my loadout soon because I'm far more often assaulting nodes and not defending them these days. I stand by more mines is great defense though.

I know quite a few pilots who are sincerely hoping the I in the SIM build goes the way of the dodo.

If I were a Razorwire pilot I wouldn't even think about replacing it. Forget the hull damage. The lethal part of an interdiction mine is its massive slowdown effect. -bp

Edited by Sidenti

I know quite a few pilots who are sincerely hoping the I in the SIM build goes the way of the dodo.

If TT/BO goes the way of the dodo as well I'd be fine with it. I agree with Sidenti - I love the snare and don't mind the hull damage going away. With the gunship's Ion Railgun T6 upgrade receiving some love/hate next patch, it'll make the immobility of the two components occur far more often in games (and the meta will likely shift even farther to snare-stacking). I don't think the bombers are going to have a tough time taking out stationary targets. :cool: