RIP Jedi Covenant

oldaquarian

I tell you what, I just started a guild on Begeren server which is Role playing and have set up a website along with vent. Working out rules on this but I could change the name if there were people willing to transfer to make it work. I was putting in some strict type naming rules and promotion rules (in order to be a master in the guild you will have to be level 55, Valor rank 60 "minimum" follow a RPing theme that is "Star wars".

Now I am opening this up to non-force users, but again, have a strict naming policy in place as there are a lot of people who like to pick funny names like "Count Chocula" Frankenberry, Dicksauce, and other non-immersive names for what ever reason, I just can't tolerate that in a game where it should be immersive and fun for individuals who crave, or looking for "Star Wars" not just another MMO.

Let me know what you think before I start making and committing.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice subtle shot at my guild there Alarkan... But you probably should not have commented when you really don't know the conversation going on here. Sure, all the best players in your guild left, but the circumstances are completely different.

None of us were trying to hurt/sabotage your guild, but you let your raid leader run off, everyone who went to Chosen Order, Kingbong, Exile, Ambient, and all the others who just left the game.

We still wanted to be friends with you guys, honestly. So if you ever want to actually clear bosses message me in game, and we'll help you out.

Dray

I thought you left the game Dray? I mean, nobody heard from you in ages ... it was like you dropped off the planet or had your computer fry.

As for the offer, no, we're quite enjoying clearing bosses on our own. It's more fun learning to do it yourself, after all, and we'd hate for you to think we were holding you back from anything; what with filling in holes in a raid roster or trying to bring a 16 man guild run together.

-Sum

Nice subtle shot at my guild there Alarkan... But you probably should not have commented when you really don't know the conversation going on here. Sure, all the best players in your guild left, but the circumstances are completely different.

None of us were trying to hurt/sabotage your guild, but you let your raid leader run off, everyone who went to Chosen Order, Kingbong, Exile, Ambient, and all the others who just left the game.

We still wanted to be friends with you guys, honestly. So if you ever want to actually clear bosses message me in game, and we'll help you out.

Dray

I just commented on the irony of it all and you are correct I do not know the whole situation regarding this little fun fest. It doesn't really change things since the people in question left and they did so for their own reasons much like you all left us. Of which well to be honest doesn't really change much regarding my previous statement since the server will of course carry on and move forward. You all moved in accordance to your own wishes just like the people in question left according to their own wishes. KB, Ambient, and Exile all said their piece before leaving and while it was sad seeing them all go, we all understood that they had other things that they were seeking to achieve since they actually said something before hand.

That said I think we will pass on your kind offer of assistance, as we much prefer to do things our own way and we are finding our own way through raids. We actually have more fun that way since we get to learn from our mistakes and get the rush of beating something as a guild that first time. Also while your offer of friendship is intriguing, I would have to discuss that with the others, and that supposed raid leader who ran off, who just so happens to still be playing.

Edited by Bonizo

Really? I hadn't noticed all the good players leaving.. Must be a perception thing.

Glad you're having fun though Dray -- it is a game, after all. I hope you still have a full raid group available.

The game is bleeding subs en masse. Wildstar will prove to deal a huge blow to TOR. After that who knows, but I doubt the license will be renewed in 2016 or whenever it's due its expiration because of the mass exoduses in 2012 and ultimate switch to f2p in less than a year.

The game is bleeding subs en masse. Wildstar will prove to deal a huge blow to TOR. After that who knows, but I doubt the license will be renewed in 2016 or whenever it's due its expiration because of the mass exoduses in 2012 and ultimate switch to f2p in less than a year.

people said that when eso came out. Then eso came out. We are still here. And eso's launch proved less than ideal due to so many problems. Stop pretending like every new mmo is the best mmo ever, what will happen is some will go to wildstar, realize its not the perfect image that they built up in their heads, and complain about it, it may be a good game, but it will not be problem free. also, swg had higher sub percentage drop rates than swtor did, but you still believe in swg (pre-cu apparently) so be careful when you bring that up.

yeah, sure... and a team of interns can switch out the Hero Engine for something "better" over the weekend too... right?.. right?.. :rolleyes:

anyways, from what i've seen the past few days JC is far from dead, i see people everywhere i go...

Edited by Elly_Dawn

Yeah, but recently there's been no PvE to do. People are bored on all servers.

Note, nightmare mode and honestly progression rading isn't what this game needs. Yes, it needs a couple of difficulty tiers of content, but ones overcome more by gear and experience than fast twitch reactions to mechanics and such. Basically, nobody even tries NIM because it's not what interests them.

Nailed it. Personally I havent done any end-game PvE in a few weeks because I'm fed up with running the same stuff . NiM is for the most dedicated, those who have the time and will to follow guild schedules and whatnot. I already have a work schedule, I don't need another one.

It's funny how they release NiM as content at the same time as they obviously think that people need help in SM'es (bolster). Does not compute.

people said that when eso came out. Then eso came out. We are still here.

Regardless of other releases, this game is bleeding players. I don't even think the majority is leaving because of other games, they're just leaving because they're fed up with this game and that's worse. It's most noticeable in the morning, a year ago and you could get warzone pops at 7 AM. Now it's futile to come online pre-10 AM because you'll either be stuck in queue for an hour or be forced to play 3 vs 4 Arena games. TOFN is starting to remind me of PTS.

Edited by MidichIorian

Regardless of other releases, this game is bleeding players.

I don't even think the majority is leaving because of other games, they're just leaving because they're fed up with this game and that's worse. It's most noticeable in the morning, a year ago and you could get warzone pops at 7 AM. Now it's futile to come online pre-10 AM because you'll either be stuck in queue for an hour or be forced to play 3 vs 4 Arena games. TOFN is starting to remind me of PTS.

So, you think that because you can't get a quick queue before 10am on a weekday, that something's wrong with the game.

Pro-tip: Most adults work during the week and aren't playing TOR before 10am on a weekday.

MidichIorian;

Regardless of other releases, this game is bleeding players. I don't even think the majority is leaving because of other games, they're just leaving because they're fed up with this game and that's worse. It's most noticeable in the morning, a year ago and you could get warzone pops at 7 AM. Now it's futile to come online pre-10 AM because you'll either be stuck in queue for an hour or be forced to play 3 vs 4 Arena games. TOFN is starting to remind me of PTS.

Where is the proof that the game is bleeding players at this juncture? And just because you don't get instantaneous pops does not in anyway means that the majority is leaving. You need to actually demonstrate that with a bit of evidence and if you can't then it just an opinion.

Speaking as a JC resident, lol

JC is fine. We get steady pugs for all relevant SM content every week. HM runs are constant, but mostly Guild affairs. And our population is just fine with 2-3 instances of Fleet every night, even the weekends and we're in the middle of that boring stretch that comes at the end of expansions.

Trolly post is trolly.

Seconded. The Shadowlands is my main server, but I have also had toons on JC since launch, and have never seen a lack of players - even during the Dark Times.

So, you think that because you can't get a quick queue before 10am on a weekday, that something's wrong with the game.

Pro-tip: Most adults work during the week and aren't playing TOR before 10am on a weekday.

I see that you're not familiar with references such as " a year ago".

And let me guess, you're one of those who always have something to blame when it comes to protecting the game? Summer, people have time off and are out in the sun instead of playing games? Rest of the year, people are in school or at work with no time to play?

- My server only had one fleet instance with 20 people at 8 PM today.

You - Need I remind you that it's a national holiday in Namibia today?

Where is the proof that the game is bleeding players at this juncture? And just because you don't get instantaneous pops does not in anyway means that the majority is leaving. You need to actually demonstrate that with a bit of evidence and if you can't then it just an opinion.

The fact that I paid for a ton of transfers to get away from tofn in an attempt to be able to play early mornings, something I had been able to do for a year there, is evidence enough. I don't have any screenshots of the fleet from a year ago but if someone can dig one up and compare that to the current morning population it wouldnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that something happened. But hey, I'm sure you'll argue that all those morning players got new shifts at the plant and that they're on at different hours now. Because you know, that's statistically reasonable :rolleyes:

Or have a look at tofn's offsite forum. It went from being fairly active to dead.

On another note, you do realize that I'm still a sub and obviously want the game to be successful so that BW gets more money, can hire and can develop more content, right? It doesnt mean that I'm going to pretend that everything is well when it obviously isnt though.

Edited by MidichIorian

The fact that I paid for a ton of transfers to get away from tofn in an attempt to be able to play early mornings, something I had been able to do for a year there, is evidence enough. I don't have any screenshots of the fleet from a year ago but if someone can dig one up and compare that to the current morning population it wouldnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that something happened. But hey, I'm sure you'll argue that all those morning players got new shifts at the plant and that they're on at different hours now. Because you know, that's statistically reasonable :rolleyes:

Or have a look at tofn's offsite forum. It went from being fairly active to dead.

is that why I seen a bunch of tofn guys over the last few months on the Bastion? I thought it was just that server that had gone bad over time, I haven't noticed a drop in Bastion at all though, I que for warzones I usually never wait more than 5 minutes.

Edited by Sangrar

I've been on Jedi Covenant since Early Access. I've been Guild Master of Republic Gentlemen for a long time and remember the days of beating Soa before the initial nerf. It has been a long ride and a great show. We led the server and built up a great community. I used to run the PvE progression thread and we had a ton of community support.

Along came 2 merges onto our server and it turned into a giant Metropolis. There were so many new guilds from so many other servers that came here. We were all competing now and it became a sense within the original JC guilds to beat all these new guys to server firsts. Republic Gentlemen held their own the entire time and most everyone will agree we were some fearsome competition and a fun to have a rivalry with. We appreciated all of the other guilds that were up there with us: Ascension, NNG, LD50, Prime Defense, Dead Rabbits, Torva Nex, IBG (yes I said IBG).

The server has been great up until 2.7. And it is exactly timed with what I saw happen within my own guild. The game just instantly slapped us in the face with how repetitive it has become. Another NiM raid that we had already done a bazillion times in HM. So a bunch of guys in my guild decided to move on to something else. Please note the server is also trending this way.. coincidence?

As for my guild.. a bunch of us are moving to Wildstar. It looks to be a game with enough added challenge to make it last. With random boss mechanics week to week, this will feel far less repetitive. Should be fun.. check it out.

Look us up if you liked my Guild's reputation for being a group of quality guys who are looking to be competitive and build a strong community. We have changed our name to Respawn Gaming. respawngaming.guildlaunch.com

May the force be with you

Both JC and the Harbinger are consistently heavily populated.

I don't know much about Jedi Covenant but I know that harbinger is one that has a very high population that would take forever to burn through. Bergeren Colony also is always full of people, and I think Ebon Hawk is doing well considering how only Ebon Hawk and Bergeren colony are reading "heavy" on the server list right now.