Back to the game since release, needed some advice.

undyingender

So I haven't played the game since release. I'm really trying to decide what to play. I will be doing a lot of solo pve as well as some pvp but not a lot. Wondering storyline wise and gameplay wise what would be best and the most fun to play. Trying to decide between a Sniper, a Sorcerer and a Sage. I'm sure a lot of people have asked this as well, but I would really like to formulate my own opinions from your answers. Thank you all for the help!

Ender

So I haven't played the game since release. I'm really trying to decide what to play. I will be doing a lot of solo pve as well as some pvp but not a lot. Wondering storyline wise and gameplay wise what would be best and the most fun to play. Trying to decide between a Sniper, a Sorcerer and a Sage. I'm sure a lot of people have asked this as well, but I would really like to formulate my own opinions from your answers. Thank you all for the help!

Ender

If you like shooting things with a gun, that could really use better skin options, go with a Sniper (maybe it is just me, I cannot find a good looking weapon for mine). This also seems the best choice if you love killing things really fast.

If you like healing, or shooting lightning out of your fingers, go with a sorcerer. If you like healing and chucking rocks at people, go with a Sage. Those two classes are the same thing, just a different spell effect and name to the abilities. I enjoy lightning more so the flinging pebbles at my opponents :p

Story wise, I hear great things about imperial agents. Not to far into mine. Pretty far into the Sorcerer's story though, and I am loving it. To me sage's story is boring as they get. Then again I hate republic, so I may be bias....

Edited by Hoshkar

If you like shooting things with a gun, that could really use better skin options, go with a Sniper (maybe it is just me, I cannot find a good looking weapon for mine). This also seems the best choice if you love killing things really fast.

If you like healing, or shooting lightning out of your fingers, go with a sorcerer. If you like healing and chucking rocks at people, go with a Sage. Those two classes are the same thing, just a different spell effect and name to the abilities. I enjoy lightning more so the flinging pebbles at my opponents :p

Story wise, I hear great things about imperial agents. Not to far into mine. Pretty far into the Sorcerer's story though, and I am loving it. To me sage's story is boring as they get. Then again I hate republic, so I may be bias....

Thank you very much. I have heard this about the IA's story as well and I played a sin on release. I was worried that lightening and more lightening oh and let me zap this guy with lightening would get boring since all the abilities are lightening based. Any thoughts?

I like the effects on my sorcerer more so then my sage. Something about rock flinging just seems, I don't know, not to powerful. The lightning stuff makes me feel more powerful. Even more so with my lightsaber that also has a lightning effect in it :D

If you were bored of lightning as an assassin you might want to try the sniper for something different. Sorcerer you use less melee attacks then your sin would, but still a lot of lightning. Is nice to be able to heal in some cases though. Stuff my sorcerer can solo with a tank companion more so then my sniper can right now, which is more of a race against who dies first lol (when it comes to higher level and harder type of mobs).

Edited by Hoshkar

I quite enjoy the Consular's animations. You are essentially stoning NPCs to death, lol. I think that's pretty powerful, especially when you throw boulders or the occasional R2 unit. :D I love my Sage...and my Sniper. I haven't gotten too far with my Sorcerer, but I love healing so I'm sure I'll love that class, too. I guess it just depends on which faction you want to be? Personally, I'd roll one of all three, get them to level 10 and see what your first initial impressions are. If you like the character, gain a few more levels, maybe hop into a flashpoint and test it out. Honestly...the only way you'll ever know which is better -- for you -- is to try them yourself. ;) Edited by blindxsecrets

I'd play Sorceror 1st. Sorc story is very awesome.

Play IA after. IA storyline is even better, but references all other storylines. So play as many as possible before IA. IMO, it's the best storyline out there. But try to play Sith Inq, Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight first, at the very least.

I played through all three, and I'd say go with the sniper, if you ever played the class and enjoyed it. It's just simple.

Sorcerer starts to deal decent AoE damage at level 34++ (Force Storm; you have to deal with procs/chain lightning beforehand), and, naturally, Sage is a mirror class, but before level 34, you have to depend on Treek a lot. At least, I did. And you deal insane damage with the Sniper. (Actually, with Sage/Sorcerer, I went Shadow twice and only once with a Sorcerer. Shadow's backstabs/stealth just work better for me).

Story-wise, I think Inquisitor is one of the best stories, and Agent's , well, the Agent's great(I played it twice, so I'm a little tired of it now, but it's definitely one of the best), but Consular felt the most personal for me(played darkside and lightside, both are great).

Story-wise, I think Inquisitor is one of the best stories, and Agent's , well, the Agent's great(I played it twice, so I'm a little tired of it now, but it's definitely one of the best), but Consular felt the most personal for me(played darkside and lightside, both are great).

Consular is a very polarizing storyline. Many think it's very boring, but a few love it. I think that if you're into reading books about political intrigue, you will LOVE Consular storyline. If you want an action movie, though, look elsewhere.

A sorc is my main but I loved the sniper storyline as well. They're probably my two favorites of the game, you can't go wrong with either one.

Both are respectable in PvP as well, and PvE from what I've heard.

I haven't completed all of the storylines, but I've gotten through to chapter 2 on everyone, so here's my two cents based on that :)

The Imperial Agent (Sniper/Operative) has a fairly interesting storyline, I think. They get more of a perspective of what it's like in the Empire working with/against the Sith. It also has a very "James Bond" feel. The Sniper gameplay involves the cover mechanic, which I personally don't like, but basically you can click a button to take cover. If you take cover behind the environment, most ranged attacks miss you as long as you stay behind cover. Other than that, you're a ranged dps class.

The Jedi Sage storyline felt fairly bland to me. "Go here, heal this master. Ok go over here and heal THIS master. Then go heal this one, then this one, then this one." Plus I don't care for Qyzen, and he's your first companion and also a tank, so I usually end up running around with him.

The Sorcerer storyline was much more interesting to me. Force Ghosts and extra Dark Side power over said Ghosts. I enjoyed it. Also, Khem is much more fun to me.

As far as gameplay, the Sage/Sorcerer are the same class, so it's the same with different names on the abilities. The Telekinesis/Lightning path gives you pretty good AOE damage and plenty of proc abilities. You also have a healing path. The other DPS path is the "shared spec" that is the same for Sage/Shadow and Sorcerer/Assassin. I don't know much about it, I prefer to stay away from the shared talent trees, but from what I hear it's pretty good in PvP.

Cheers :)