The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Older armor

Just saw a thread on the general forum and thought I'd post the idea on the CM suggestions. The suggestion is that the gear that was out pre 2.0 be put on the CM, just reskined. Basically those who were subs pre 2.0 get the original classic sets, and those who subbed post 2.0 get similar (meaning not cutting out half the torso) looking armor. I'm not talking about the stupid stuff like the dramatic extrovert armor set I'm talking about the original sets: agents that had hoods and masks, warriors who looked like messed up cyborgs, troopers who looked like the hazmat troopers scattered throughout the game, and yes, consular who had solar dishes for hats. Just color the armor differently, give it a different name (classic vindicator set or something idk) and BAM. Subs don't have to pay for something they've earned for supporting the game early on, post 2.0 subs get their cool looking gear, and the game makes its money. Edited by DeltaBos

I am generally opposed to re-releasing gear that was available in the past but no longer. If you were around back then, and managed to acquire that gear, then having it is kind of a mark of veterancy. I don't believe you should take that away from folks that were here from the start by making it available again. Like the Founder's title, or the Pre-Order Black/Yellow Color Crystals. Those should never be made available again, ever, for obvious reasons. And I think the same logic applies to sunsetted gear sets.

Having said that, if you were to alter the appearance in some distinctive way as you are suggesting, so it was similar perhaps but not identical, then I would agree.

I am generally opposed to re-releasing gear that was available in the past but no longer. If you were around back then, and managed to acquire that gear, then having it is kind of a mark of veterancy. I don't believe you should take that away from folks that were here from the start by making it available again. Like the Founder's title, or the Pre-Order Black/Yellow Color Crystals. Those should never be made available again, ever, for obvious reasons. And I think the same logic applies to sunsetted gear sets.

Having said that, if you were to alter the appearance in some distinctive way as you are suggesting, so it was similar perhaps but not identical, then I would agree.

Don't get me wrong that's exactly what I'm suggesting. Change the armor so that it is SIMILAR to the older sets but keep the older sets exclusive to those who were around and earned that armor. I just don't want them to do something stupid like cut out the entire torso of the armor while keeping shoulder spikes. Make it RESEMBLE the old stuff while not making it look stupid. That's all I ask and let's face it, if it were in some new pack it would sell pretty well.

I agree that it'd be pretty asinine to start charging subscribers, who previously had those armor sets before they were removed, now through the CM. I'm a pretty regular customer of the CM, but those outfits are something that I'd never buy as a subscriber.

I agree that it'd be pretty asinine to start charging subscribers, who previously had those armor sets before they were removed, now through the CM. I'm a pretty regular customer of the CM, but those outfits are something that I'd never buy as a subscriber.

Well, you don't have to worry - these sets come in packs, and they're not the only thing in the pack: There's a rancor mount, a Walker mount, and some of the best lore armor sets yet, including Tulak Hord, which is an original design. Seriously....they could release these packs with the most drab Alderaanian Noble wear inside and people would STILL buy hypercrate after hypercrate for those items I named. Do you honestly think there's a chance that you won't be able to get these old pvp armor sets on the GTN for a coupe thousand credits?

Add to that that they're now adaptive, cross class and even cross faction...and I'd say even subscribers got a heck of a deal. Certainly not 'charging' anything here. Not even remotely.

They are coming back in the next 2 packs I think. They are STILL butt ugly, but hey, we`ve come full circle!

1. OH! Ugly threads! Take them away and give us naked pieces!

2. Oh, but we are too naked, we need immersion!

3. Tasteless naked and no daytime threads!

4. We want the old **** designs back! Because we are crying cos we can`t get them but some others have them!

No dev in the world should ever listen to any player.

Edited by Styxx

No dev in the world should ever listen to any player.

Which is about like saying no business should ever listen to it's customers. Which, as any good businessman would tell you, is an efficient way to become a former business.

Ever wonder why they put these "Suggestions" forums in here in the first place, genius? It's because every once in a blue moon, amid all the impossible and sometimes flat-out asinine ideas, someone drops a really terrific idea in here, and it (or something like it) magically gets implemented a few patches down the line. This is because the Devs realize that there's gold in that thar septic tank, and a good idea is a good idea, and they really don't care if it comes from player or not.

Which is about like saying no business should ever listen to it's customers. Which, as any good businessman would tell you, is an efficient way to become a former business.

Ever wonder why they put these "Suggestions" forums in here in the first place, genius?

You just had to go there, didn`t you?

Well, first and foremost, a "gamer" has a notoriously small attention span and is known for talking ****, both in what it wants - which is 100% personal needs "buff me plox and nerf anybody else" - and how it threatens: google mw2 boycott and you`ll see how real gamers stand up for their beliefs in real gamer groups!

As for this Bioware you so valiantly defend, it didn`t listen to the community. It asked one poll on Twitter about what we`d want, only to plant us Cathar, ahead of the first 2 playes choices Togruta and Nautolan, they asked one time for what planet we, the players, wanted, only to give us Makeb that was not even a top 10 and has given us PAID char modifications and PAID armors. Yeah, they listened alright. But you do have the attention span of a Goldfish and might have forgotten that all your suggestions were discarded, minus the highly monetized ones. GSF was already in production, dubbed "The Secret Space Project", for a LONG time and an intended update anyway, not because players wanted it.

So, all your "suggestions" landed in the recycle bin, but you got the mouth to think "power to the people". You, sir, are the living proof that marketing works.

Links in my posting history for some of those.

Again, look at the players giving suggestions! "Oh! Armor too bulky! We want skimpy armor! Why is the armor skimpy? We want bulky armor!".

Edited by Styxx