Slinger specs in PvP

Nidous

Gunslingers,

Does anyone else feel like, for fairly successful PvP, you have to play as DF or Sab spec? With the tremendous amounts of Juggs/Commandos/other heavy armored classes, SS gets annihilated in capability simply because of it's pure reliance on weapon damage (which also upsets me since the whole idea of gunslingers are blasting people with pistols, not tossing grenades... *** Bioware?). I understand SS has bonuses to armor penetration, but no matter how many times I go back and forth between specs, Sab and DF always blow SS away in damage and kills for me in PvP and melts ALL players instead of just bad light-armored players who dont know to LOS a SS slinger.

Gunslingers,

Does anyone else feel like, for fairly successful PvP, you have to play as DF or Sab spec? With the tremendous amounts of Juggs/Commandos/other heavy armored classes, SS gets annihilated in capability simply because of it's pure reliance on weapon damage (which also upsets me since the whole idea of gunslingers are blasting people with pistols, not tossing grenades... *** Bioware?). I understand SS has bonuses to armor penetration, but no matter how many times I go back and forth between specs, Sab and DF always blow SS away in damage and kills for me in PvP and melts ALL players instead of just bad light-armored players who dont know to LOS a SS slinger.

Wow, Commandos are right up there with Juggs :eek:

That would be just Vanguards then.

SS pvp takes a different approach in pvp to work, you are more relying on applying your armor debuff (+heal debuff), super powered roots and surprise burst, than you are with DF or Sab. It works fine enough in regs, but in ranked... it's real tricky to do well.

If you are unnoticed : cover -> instacast charged -> flourish -> probe -> aimed -> dirty -> rapid fire x2

then as the fight prolongs, just go back to your normal pve rotation until you are noticed. Then either roll away or push em away + root em or nut kick + aimed shot push em away, followed by a leg shot.

Also, if it's a 1v1 situation, flourish -> flashbang -> probe -> aimed shot -> leg shot -> dirty -> rapid fire

SS takes a completely different approach and if you get swamped, you dont have the same defenses as DF or sab have, now that they nerfed flashbang. All in all, it is still viable in regs, i wouldnt suggest doing solo or team ranked with it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.