The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Mind = Blown

Inkfinger

So my girlfriend and I started playing together recently. As long as I have been a Star Wars fan, this had never once occurred to me but looking at it for the first time, she said something that totally blew my mind and made me doubt everything I thought I knew about Star Wars...

http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy54/inkfinger/logicbomb.png

I see a zipper on the front. If that's the sleeves that are a problem, well, it has a lot of stretch :)

I was worried about Twi'leks and other lekku races sleeping. Poor sods have to stick with sleeping on their stomach, I suppose.

Do they get headaches/neck pain because Lekku are heavy?

If Lekku is light and squishy, and do stream behind (OMG, Black Talon!) why is there Daevoronians with chopped off horns, and a Tardosian with a missing eye, but nobody ever lost even one Lekku?

Inquiring minds what to know!

Edited by DomiSotto

I see a zipper on the front. If that's the sleeves that are a problem, well, it has a lot of stretch :)

I was worried about Twi'leks and other lekku races sleeping. Poor sods have to stick with sleeping on their stomach, I suppose.

Do they get headaches/neck pain because Lekku are heavy?

If Lekku is light and squishy, and do stream behind (OMG, Black Talon!) why is there Daevoronians with chopped off horns, and a Tardosian with a missing eye, but nobody ever lost even one Lekku?

Inquiring minds what to know!

if i remember right the lekkus are an acutal part of the head(/brain) which is actually quite sensible . Getting a lekku cut would knock the twi'lek off for good (read long lasting brain damage)

If it is that vital, the race will have very low survivability. Brain is protected by a thick skull for a reason. Leaving a meter of it hanging out at weird angles in the middle of a fight in nothing but skin and muscle is a bad, bad idea. And gods only know how Twi'leks manage to be born w/o brain damage.

And I still love Twi'leks & all the other Lekku races :) I guess it's just part of the charm.

And gods only know how Twi'leks manage to be born w/o brain damage.

Their lekku are much smaller -- like cute little nubs -- when they are infants. For comparison, human infant skulls are soft, and have gaps, at birth.

I think there was a character in the EU that lost a lekku, though I don't remember her name.

A twi'lek's brain doesn't extend the full length of the lekku either--just the part closest to the skull. I imagine that area must have extra bone or cartilage for protection, which would also explain the "lift" you see in some lekku. (ie, rather than falling straight down, some have a little bump up, like a raised ponytail.)

if i remember right the lekkus are an acutal part of the head(/brain) which is actually quite sensible . Getting a lekku cut would knock the twi'lek off for good (read long lasting brain damage)

Yeah, Alema Rar lost most of a single Lekku and she became a bit "off" afterwards. As in, even a Sith thought her mind was fractured (like broken glass in a room where the walls are made of screams).

*Starts chewing on Domi's lekku*

By the way, your brains are delicious! I can taste the IQ points

Oh... NOES! Poor lekku and I certainly can't afford losing a single IQ point. :o wasn't mine I am planning on FA'ing...

Edited by DomiSotto