Your weapon sound designer had a sudden hearing loss

discbox

I was and I was also pointing out my favorites. :D

Regardless, I start to believe he has an issue interpreting what people say, unless the words "traditional", "jedi" and "robes" are somewhere in between.

If you are not with the "traditional jedi robes movement" then you are our enemy :D :D :D

I just picked up the Interstellar Blaster Pistol Dorn, and yeah, pretty stumped that it didn't sound the same as Cresh, which my bounty hunter was dual wielding before. Did someone forget to change the default sound on Dorn? It seems that way :D

Hopefully Tait can tell us what's up. I love the Dorn blasters a lot!

I agree these sounds are bad. Most blaster sounds in the game are bad - they are too high and thin some actually hurt my ears and I have to turn the effects sounds down. There are a few in game with very good sound, they should be the default sound for blasters (I think it's the revolver).

I don't usually pay much attention to the weapon sounds. Blasters sound like blasters, and all that, the variations are no big deal to me. I haven't considered sound in any of my blaster selections so far.

But I clicked on those links and wow -- they sound rather weak to me, to be honest. I was thinking of buying one for Pierce, but I don't think even I could tolerate those sound effects. Hopefully it is just a bug though. And even if it is not, thanks to the OP for posting this so I won't be tempted to buy one. :p