Anyone else bothered by this on Denon... ?

Loc_n_lol

The republic capital ship's turbolasers make pew pew sounds. Like imperial lasers.

They should make quack sounds.

That is all.

Not to mention be louder and the sound level should diminish at a MUCH longer range.

Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Quack quack quack. Cheep cheep cheep! Edited by TrinityLyre

One day on Tython early in its history, two merchants sat across from one another at the spaceport discussing the hardships of spaceflight. "The other day I was attacked, ya know that?" one said to the other.

"yah, hows that." he replied, punctuating his sentence with a guttural belch.

"Ship rolled right up behind me, quiet as space and hit me with a salvo, tearing my *** clean off!" Both men began to chuckle, sipping their drinks each in turn until suddenly one of the men stopped and stared deep into the frothy liquid. "Hey Bill, what if things in space made noises like they do in an atmosphere." he said, in an intoxicated tone. Bill looked at his colleague long and hard before answering. "Well that's not a bad idea now is it ted, what if we wrote a program for the nav droid that would simulate noise, engines, weapon fire... you name it!" both men congratulated eachother and yammered on for some time about how it would work and so on. Meanwhile just beyond their intoxicated senses a dark clad creature hid in the shadows listening, slipping a menacing looking rod out of its coat, it quietly took aim. Before the men could react, searing plasma bolts rippled through their chests igniting the contents of their lungs in a beautiful if somewhat gruesome display of fire-breathing.

A day later Kuat patented and introduced the "atmospheric noise simulator" to an ecstatic universe who no longer had to worry about disparities between oscillations of gasses in atmospheres and out. As time passed the memory of a time when space was silent grew dim, people neglected the laws of physics and eventually forgot all together.

And this kid's is why TIE fighters yawn and why blasters quack (in space and on planet)

(excerpt from galactic compendium of component related children's story's and fables - Empire edition - your welcome :D)

Edited by DamascusAdontise

I am far more bothered by the fact that the two ships in the center are identical models to the spawn ships, just scaled up. It's lazy and stupid, especially when they already have models for smaller frigates, which would make much better spawn ships.

Shouldn't they not make sounds at all considering space is a vacuum?

My vacuum makes so much noise it once scared my cat into the in-between place betwixt the ceiling and the floor. I finally tricked her by distracting her stupid kitty-face with food to her right, while my left hand approached from behind LOS.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.