Remove "Usable by me" option from GTN search.

KyaniteD

This feature has been broken for most of the time this since launch and it just keeps confusing (new) players. Since it doesn't seem like it will ever be fixed, usability of the GTN would be actually improved by its removal.

I would agree, in fact I would make a few more suggestions.

As you suggested, remove all of the "usable by" options that do not currently function

Refine the current categories so popular items like dyes have their own category, and items like companion gifts do not get buried.

Remove the quality choices that do not function

I think this would put the finishing touches on what is a list of great improvements they have made IMO.

Edited by LordArtemis

I would agree, in fact I would make a few more suggestions.

As you suggested, remove all of the "usable by" options that do not currently function

Refine the current categories so popular items like dyes have their own category, and items like companion gifts do not get buried.

Remove the quality choices that do not function

I think this would put the finishing touches on what is a list of great improvements they have made IMO.

Dye does have it's own category... Cartel Market items, subcategory Dyes.

But yeah, would LOVE to see some fixes to the GTN.

Dye does have it's own category... Cartel Market items, subcategory Dyes.

But yeah, would LOVE to see some fixes to the GTN.

Ah, ok. They have made quite a few good changes I am not aware of since I just returned.

I have often wondered why they leave the non-functioning search choices in place.

They don't need to remove it, they need to fix it. So that we can filter out crap that we have already/don't want/don't need. And they need to set up auctions so that if you're putting up stacks of items, you can split the stack and set the price in window, similar to WoW's AH setup.

It would be great if they would just fix it . . . on my server at least, there are way more armors listed for force users on the GTN, so buying aim or cunning gear means sifting through a ton of stuff you don't need. >.<

But it has been so long (I can't recall it ever working?) that I do agree that they should just remove that search option. I have seen players get confused when they are using the search filters when trying to buy gear.

If they by some miracle ever do get around to fixing it, they can just add the "usable by" option back.

Ah, ok. They have made quite a few good changes I am not aware of since I just returned.

I have often wondered why they leave the non-functioning search choices in place.

Left in place probably for the same reason they have a "your buyout price" ... its a hacked setup from a auction app and they only can/know how to change so much

It would be great if they would just fix it . . . on my server at least, there are way more armors listed for force users on the GTN, so buying aim or cunning gear means sifting through a ton of stuff you don't need. >.<

But it has been so long (I can't recall it ever working?) that I do agree that they should just remove that search option. I have seen players get confused when they are using the search filters when trying to buy gear.

If they by some miracle ever do get around to fixing it, they can just add the "usable by" option back.

I'm not holding out hope that it's getting fixed anytime soon, if at all. It took them a year and a half to fix the memory leak that caused the game to crash for so many players. And that was a major issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.