The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shield chance?

Serinda

Hi,

Im currently a Powertech BH with some points spended in various skill tree's. In the shield tech tree there is a skill called shield vents. I also have seen some items i have looted with the bonus called shield chance and shield absorbtion i believe. Are these things linked to your BH shield or is it something entirely different and what does it do?

Thank you!

There are three stats related to defense, and you can review all this yourself by mousing over each one on your character screen:

1) Defense: This stat increases your chance to dodge melee and ranged attacks.

2) Shield: This stat increases your chance to shield (block) attacks.

3) Absorption: This stat increases your shield (block) amount.

Hope this answers your question.

braz is right - when looking for defensive stats as a bounty hunter you should be going for the following (and in this order):

1. Shield Rating

2. Shield Absorb

3. Defense Rating

5. Endurance

You get a lot more benefit out of shield rating and shield absorbtion than you do out of defense rating, especially since so many of our talents and abilities rely on shielding enemy attacks.

braz is right - when looking for defensive stats as a bounty hunter you should be going for the following (and in this order):

1. Shield Rating

2. Shield Absorb

3. Defense Rating

5. Endurance

You get a lot more benefit out of shield rating and shield absorbtion than you do out of defense rating, especially since so many of our talents and abilities rely on shielding enemy attacks.

Do you have a source that shield rating and shield absorb should be prioritized over defense?

Why exactly should these 2 stats be prioritized? Defense is ALWAYS active, the other 2 aren't. Just curious on some theorycraft.

Dodging a hit doesn't proc anything. Shielding one does. Also, opponents can stack accuracy to negate your def. There's no corresponding option for shield penetration.

^This

We have two procs that are dependant on our Shields, so it should always be our priority.