Progenitor. rp server or pvp?

So i was thinking, is progenitor a pvp server or a rp server?

I dont see any events happening, and there is alot of warzone queues.

Thoughts about this?

Might be me, but I believe the presence of RP guilds is alot bigger there. And I can tell you all these guilds rp together, like some are at war with eachother, others cooperate etc etc. So I can imagine like if you just check the server out it might not seem like much. But if you are actually in a RP guild you get like really deep into it.

About wz queues, kind of depends on the time. Like, evenings when most people come on queues will pop faster then e.g. now.

So I would take the Progenitor as a RP server

Edited by djdavidoh

Thoughts about this?

RP Server is a designation, while the 'PvP' part is a technical thing. A PvP Server is a Server with PvP always enabled, i.E. if you see a player of the other faction on, say, Tatooine you can attack him.

This isn't the case on the Progenitor. It is therefore no PvP Server.

Apart from that, roleplay is very rarely defined by just events, it's usually an unplanned thing. Of course, there can be planned Roleplay, but I had my most enjoyable moments by just stumbling into it. And that I see quite often on Progenitor, just this weekend I saw tons of it on Nar Shaddaa, for example.

What is your goal with this thread?

Thoughts about this?

It was originally listed as an RP-PVE server and then they consolidated the servers and it was just labelled RP after that but that is because they took away the RP PVe and RP PVE labels and just left RP.

As their are no RP PVP servers it is to be expected that those PVP'ers who also RP would play on an RP server.

Edited by NeoWolf

It was originally listed as an RP-PVE server and then they consolidated the servers and it was just labelled RP after that but that is because they took away the RP PVe and RP PVE labels and just left RP.

As their are no RP PVP servers it is to be expected that those PVP'ers who also RP would play on an RP server.

*cough* Jung Ma is a RP/PvP server, the only one left actually. With a decent composition of both crowds and a mixture of them. So there is still one left :p

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

*cough* Jung Ma is a RP/PvP server, the only one left actually. With a decent composition of both crowds and a mixture of them. So there is still one left :p

Nice. Odd that they made Progenitor RP rather than leaving it RP-PVE then. curiouser and curiouser.

Nice. Odd that they made Progenitor RP rather than leaving it RP-PVE then. curiouser and curiouser.

If I recall on game release "The Progenitor" was only just a "RP" server, just like its neighbouring server "Trask Ulgo" which is the server I started on, then when the merge came about it changed its status to "RP-PvE" and then on another server clear-out when they were finishing deleting dead servers it went back to its original state of "RP"

I could possibly be wrong, but that's how I've always remembered it

Might be me, but I believe the presence of RP guilds is alot bigger there. And I can tell you all these guilds rp together, like some are at war with eachother, others cooperate etc etc. So I can imagine like if you just check the server out it might not seem like much. But if you are actually in a RP guild you get like really deep into it.

About wz queues, kind of depends on the time. Like, evenings when most people come on queues will pop faster then e.g. now.

So I would take the Progenitor as a RP server

Youre right about the warzones :)

I actually am on the progenitor, but there seems to have more pvp then rp.

True, i thought a server was rp-pvp though?

True, i thought a server was rp-pvp though?

Nope was originally RP-PVE. but when the server numbers got cut and folks got merged a lot of RP-PVP'ers were put on Progenitor, so we now have a fairly healthy RP PVE and RP PVP population these day and for the most part everyone gets on nicely.