Commando simply not viable in PvP

thomasgtott

Can confirm, he's done well in 4s too. We used to make fun of him for running in melee range all the time back in ranked 8v8s though- I think he had the 15% stock strike crit set bonus lol.

I'm definetely not the best on the bastion, just the most transparent because I stream. It is easy to see how good/bad I am as a result. With that said Kand on the bastion is leagues better than I am.

Here is a quick clip from last nights 4v4 ranked. We went 8-0 against a multitude of different teams.

What I really love about group ranked is that true synergy between the players equals victory, not what class you play.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definetely not the best on the bastion, just the most transparent because I stream. It is easy to see how good/bad I am as a result. With that said Kand on the bastion is leagues better than I am.

Here is a quick clip from last nights 4v4 ranked. We went 8-0 against a multitude of different teams.

What I really love about group ranked is that true synergy between the players equals victory, not what class you play.

I am okay with matches like the one you had in the video. Both Commando classes had a guard and a healer on their side. In matches like that I do well, I am kept alive long enough that I can get through my rotations with out the worry of being burned up in a few seconds. But why did the Commando classes have the guard on both sides and not the heal? Because from what I have seen, and what this video shows, is that the Commando type class gets focused first, even with a guard and healer on their side.

I don't get many of these matches. Most are 4 dps vs 4 dps or if I am lucky 1 healer and 3 dps vs the same. So every match I get jumped by 3 or 4 dps from the start. Other classes have abilities to dissuade the enemy from focusing them first (stealth, bubble, roll + entrench, undying rage, phase walk, etc), Commando types don't dissuade anyone from not focusing on them.

What I would love is to see a video, for a great Merc or Commando, where they are going vs 4 other dps focusing on them and how they handle it. I have gotten better at it as long as I have something to use for LoS, but that is not my idea of fun game play.

I am okay with matches like the one you had in the video. Both Commando classes had a guard and a healer on their side. In matches like that I do well, I am kept alive long enough that I can get through my rotations with out the worry of being burned up in a few seconds. But why did the Commando classes have the guard on both sides and not the heal? Because from what I have seen, and what this video shows, is that the Commando type class gets focused first, even with a guard and healer on their side.

I don't get many of these matches. Most are 4 dps vs 4 dps or if I am lucky 1 healer and 3 dps vs the same. So every match I get jumped by 3 or 4 dps from the start. Other classes have abilities to dissuade the enemy from focusing them first (stealth, bubble, roll + entrench, undying rage, phase walk, etc), Commando types don't dissuade anyone from not focusing on them.

What I would love is to see a video, for a great Merc or Commando, where they are going vs 4 other dps focusing on them and how they handle it. I have gotten better at it as long as I have something to use for LoS, but that is not my idea of fun game play.

Do you mean something like this? http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac/c/3365558

It is from last season, but I get focused pretty hard and am able to position myself to create the greatest space between my attackers who either lose interest in me or I am able to kite long enough for my team to do work.

You really need your team to hit them before they come for you. Most of the time when we die quickly, its because our team stood there and waited instead of cutting them off or impeding them in some way

What I would love is to see a video where they are going vs 4 other dps focusing on them and how they handle it. I have gotten better at it as long as I have something to use for LoS, but that is not my idea of fun game play.

I actually like this idea. Just to show the worst of the "oh sh*t" moments

Edited by DarthBloodloss