Chat bug?

oveyonkanobie

I find people generally feel they need to be reassured something will be done only when they don't trust the entity being questioned to do the job. Is that the case here?

Well consider the times the RP community in general has been burned by MMO-Developers in the past. Do you hold a sceptism against them/us in that case?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find people generally feel they need to be reassured something will be done only when they don't trust the entity being questioned to do the job. Is that the case here?

Well, considering the last update is from about three weeks ago and says, "Okay, it's fixed!" then dead silence when the response from users was, "No, it really isn't, it's still happening" has been silence, I can safely say I don't trust that they feel it's still an issue or there would have at least been a, "We're looking into it" sort of response.

So based on the above responses, I'd say, yeah pretty much.

No, just a bit of contempt and pity for a group of people that apparently can't solve their own problems and need reassurance from a game company about an issue where solutions are readily improvised (IM, voice, etc.)

Honestly, this lot kinda comes off as whiny and a little petulant. That may not be the intent, but that's the observation.

If it's as bad and horrible and soul-crushing as some have made it out to be, I wholly and strongly encourage you to find another game. -bp

Some of us - when we pay a monthly subscription and a few more bucks on top of it - have the expectation that the most archaic of internet communication systems - chat - will work and we'd rather not have to resort to alternate communication methods (IM, Voice, Ventrilo or TS Servers) just to supplement a broken part of the game.

If the above, for you sounds too much, or petulant and whiny, the solution is not for us to look for another game, as that would mean decreased revenue for the company. The solution is for you not to post in a thread where you have zero constructive information to add.

Then again, why solve anything when we can just type two keys and start a troll-fest, right Internet?

No, just a bit of contempt and pity for a group of people that apparently can't solve their own problems and need reassurance from a game company about an issue where solutions are readily improvised (IM, voice, etc.)

Honestly, this lot kinda comes off as whiny and a little petulant. That may not be the intent, but that's the observation.

If it's as bad and horrible and soul-crushing as some have made it out to be, I wholly and strongly encourage you to find another game. -bp

A) I never said it was "bad", "horrible", or "soul crushing". It is, however, a mechanic that is widely used on RP servers and, as it is supposed to work and hasn't for nearly a month not with the only update being, "We fixed it" (when that's clearly not the case) it does tend to make one feel like it's being slightly ignored.

B) There is no solution that we can do for a code issue.

C) "Just use IM"? Well, in that case--why bother with the game at all?

Just because it's not a feature of the game that you use/used regularly and it therefore doesn't impact you much doesn't mean that people who do use the function being slightly upset that they were told it was fixed when it wasn't, then got radio silence as a response when that was pointed out doesn't make them 'whiny'.

It does, however, make you a bit of a jerk.

I don't PvP, and you certainly don't see me in threads discussing issues/bugs with PvP mechanics or warzones going on about how everyone there is being whiny about it and should just figure out how to make it work or suck it up and cope.

The complaint about cross faction chat being broken is a very legitimate complaint; even beyond RP purposes, it breaks party chat, ops chat, /s and emotes if there are people from the opposite faction in range, even if you're NOT trying to speak directly to them.

If you don't have anything helpful to add to this thread, I wholly and strongly encourage you to find another one to post in.

Please tell me how to solve an in game bug? Out of game communication doesn't always work when a lot of the chat happens spontaneously. Yes we have resorted to using messages on forums and our guild websites etc. However this is an inconvenience that shouldn't be inflicted on the playerbase imo.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

• 2 weeks later...