My first Jedi Guardian complete (spoilers) start date 04/06/2014

_NovaBlast_

HI everyone I created my account on 04/06/2014 just before the last double xp weekend . And I Just killed the emperor ( will update my screen shot page ) and got what I think is the last romance talk from Kira.

So that's Tython to Dromund Kaas in less than a month and I thought I would share my thoughts on my first journey

Short version

basically my experience has been both one of the most annoying at times ( mostly because of the poor mapping system and some totally over powered mobs and bosses ) and one of the best MMO I have experienced ( all quest cut scenes and voice acting, lots of story/ romance cut scenes great story development) no grind due to lots of ways to get xp bonuses , ability to be overpowered and npc romances )

Long Version

Most of the time game companies go out of their way to make the grind as long as possible . Another way that some most game companies make games annoying is buy making the mobs of equal or great strength than you which takes more time and effort as a result makes things incredibly annoying to get from point a - point b so you can progress the story.

At least in other Bioware single player games they have " story mode" level even the way I played being over powered and geared there were some places that still took me a couple tries to get past which means they could probably use being hit with a nerf bat.

The fact that they nearly eliminated the grind and they allow you to become overpowered and over geared most of the time so you can just have a relaxing and stress-free play though gets a lot of bonus marks from me. Eliminating my top two pet peeves plus the addition of npc romances means they have just scored a hat trick with me.

I originally decided to try Swtor because looking for another game that had a npc romance. Since I have played and completed the majority of Bio ware games I looked into if this one fell into their usual design and Found Kira Carsen she is physically my type and her bio sheet seemed interesting. , As I progressed though the story learned she is definitely not a damsel in distress is very strong woman in a lot of ways and can be very adorable at times to. However the romances in Bioware single player games were better they need to add more content and player initiated flirting and interactions in Swtor.

I did this run completely solo without grouping even once I also have not done any flash points or PVP and ignored the space missions as well only doing one of them .

My guide to how I achieved a enjoyable moderately stress free play though was.

Started just before a Double xp weekend.

90 day subscription ( there is a bonus if your a sub by may 4 anyways lots of bonus plus all the xp cartel coins housing so very good value for 30$ )

Cartel Xp bonuses stack with Double Xp weekend so used about 2 major xp boost Packs + all the singles that were given in game during that weekend.

That right there should get you far enough ahead that when the weekend is over you should be able to keep up the momentum and keep ahead of the game.

Complete all non heroic quests and bonus quests on each planet .. killing as many mobs along the way as you can

Sign out in rest zones as much as possible

Strategic use of in game boosts to use them when your going to have a lot of missions to turn in at once or have a lot of kill 20-40 mob quests

If you buy some adaptive gear you can basically make all the in game gear useless and with planetary com just upgrade them ever 3-4 levels and you should have a much easier and there for much more enjoyable experience and not have too much t rouble most of the time. As I said earlier there were still parts of the game where even though I was over leveled and over geared it still took me a couple of tries.

Some of my stats were

By following above I entered the Corellia system Level 48.5 I did the planetary quests till I hit 50 then Fully upgraded to level 50 mods Endurance for NovaBlast Willpower for Kira the rest of the planetary quests went much smoother form there then did the class quests and left for the emperor at level 51 and a bit.

Light IV Jedi

very close to my 7th legacy level

Only leveled gathering crafting seems useless to me since you cant make anything more over powered than mods you get for planetary com. until endgame.

450 slicing

450 underworld

All planets story / main side quests complete

various mob kill achievements

Another Double xp weekend is coming up so I may do another play though for story romance thinking trooper because Elara Dorne seems kind of cool

Edited by _NovaBlast_

Only level even gathering crafting seems useless to me since you cant make anything more over powered than mods you get for planetary com. until endgame.

The way crafting works in the game is you reverse engineer a mod(destroying it) that you crafted to learn a recipe for a more advanced version of the same mod. The success rate is 20%. So by reverse engineering a green mod, you can learn how to make blue mods of the level, which when reverse engineered, will teach you how to make purple(artifact) mods of the appropriate level.

Another side note, your leveling time was quite quick for your first time(comparable to launch leveling speeds), though experience is gained quite a bit faster now then at launch.

The way crafting works in the game is you reverse engineer a mod(destroying it) that you crafted to learn a recipe for a more advanced version of the same mod. The success rate is 20%. So by reverse engineering a green mod, you can learn how to make blue mods of the level, which when reverse engineered, will teach you how to make purple(artifact) mods of the appropriate level.

Another side note, your leveling time was quite quick for your first time(comparable to launch leveling speeds), though experience is gained quite a bit faster now then at launch.

yea but really any gear in game is rendered useless when you have mod gear / or cartel adaptive just upgrade the mods and you can do that with planetary com until level 50 so really what's the point?

Yes it was quick you just have to know how to get the most out of all the various ways to get xtra xp. which as I stated earlier is the second main reason for me trying Swtor when I was first looking into it and deciding if I wanted to try it.

It is much more fun relaxing and enjoyable when your op compared to the mobs and bosses

Side note there seems to be people in this game that like grinding and low xp gains ... just doesn't compute with me lol.. I'm thinking they should go try a Korean mmo they would probably enjoy it ( referring to the absolute worst of grinds )

Edited by _NovaBlast_

Sure you did.. must be a new player if you think it was THE emperor you killed...

Don't be silly. We all know the Emperor is dead for sure... Isn't he? :eek::(

I took holos ...and then then the temple collapsed sooo ...yea ....he should be dead....

Edited by _NovaBlast_

I think it's about time you started on the Imperial story!

Now play through the sith warrior storyline

My legacy and I are strong with the light side we will not turn !

( I don't have any desire to go though the imperial story I am always the good side in games just don't find the "bad" side of any game enjoyable )

My legacy and I are strong with the light side we will not turn !

( I don't have any desire to go though the imperial story I am always the good side in games just don't find the "bad" side of any game enjoyable )

It is possible (and surprisingly interesting) to play a Light Side Sith you know. :D

It is possible (and surprisingly interesting) to play a Light Side Sith you know. :D

Light side Sith well that just makes them a new Jedi Recruit lol

....but no its still the same thing at least to me the "main story" would not interest me

Just started the trooper Story May 1 to check out Elara;s romance story its weird going from melee to ranged lol

This run might be even quicker I bought

Legacy Class mission XP boost V

Legacy Exploration XP boost V

( only legacy level 7 so had to by the last one with coin .because it requires legacy level 10)

So with the Major XP Boost Packs I will be buying as well that will give me an even greater boost than I had when doing the Jedi on the last Double XP weekend

Edited by _NovaBlast_

Light side Sith well that just makes them a new Jedi Recruit lol

....but no its still the same thing at least to me the "main story" would not interest me

You're not a Jedi, since you definitely don't follow the Jedi Code. Mind you, there's nothing in the Sith Code that requires a person to be dark-sided. Passion can come from both positive and negative emotions, despite what the Jedi would like to believe.

And on that note, you can play a light-aligned Sith warrior who believes the Jedi are hypocrites who routinely break their own teachings. That's exactly what I did, and there's plenty of dialogue for that playstyle.

Issella: This is a peaceful solution, Jedi. Honor it.

Issella: True Jedi don’t attack to kill. The light side demands temperance.

Issella: You sound desperate to justify yourself.

Issella: That is what the Jedi do. They mask and pretend and hide.

As far as the main story, that's debatable. But the other poster said, I think you'd be surprised how much your alignment matters at times. Without giving any spoilers, Sith Warrior is the only class that has an alignment-related decision that will affect your game even after the main storyline finishes.

• 4 months later...
Coming from someone that has always been full-Pub side for anything in the SW franchise, I have to say I am surprised at how much I enjoy playing as a LS Sith Warrior. He has his moments of darkness sure, but so far it has been very enjoyable and the characters are more fleshed out and realistic (plus Vette is awesome!), though because I tend to like clichéd storylines I enjoy the JK more, but only slightly. Give the SW a try, I think you'll be surprised.

Coming from someone that has always been full-Pub side for anything in the SW franchise, I have to say I am surprised at how much I enjoy playing as a LS Sith Warrior. He has his moments of darkness sure, but so far it has been very enjoyable and the characters are more fleshed out and realistic (plus Vette is awesome!), though because I tend to like clichéd storylines I enjoy the JK more, but only slightly. Give the SW a try, I think you'll be surprised.

I herd of such similar experiences before but I know for a fact i would not enjoy it. I Just finished the companion quests for an imperial playthrough asa BH Mako is awesome but Kira :) is still my favorite.

I have to say I tried to play as light side as possible but just could not complete some planets a lot of the planets due to not wanting to follow that path and i don't think i am even going to finish the class quests for bh either. Having to work with and for the sith and their goals it has shown me how evil they are . As i said before actually playing a sith would not be "fun" for me . I dont think i have ever played a "evil" or bad side in a game . Even in other Bioware games I am always on the Paragon (light) side.

I herd of such similar experiences before but I know for a fact i would not enjoy it. I Just finished the companion quests for an imperial playthrough asa BH Mako is awesome but Kira :) is still my favorite.

I have to say I tried to play as light side as possible but just could not complete some planets a lot of the planets due to not wanting to follow that path and i don't think i am even going to finish the class quests for bh either. Having to work with and for the sith and their goals it has shown me how evil they are . As i said before actually playing a sith would not be "fun" for me . I dont think i have ever played a "evil" or bad side in a game . Even in other Bioware games I am always on the Paragon (light) side.

Admittedly, there are some imperial missions that really didn't fit my mostly light sided imperial characters, but there are also so many moments where you can truly enjoy the LS choices. Inquisitor was especially nice to play, although that may be because the Inquisitor's story is the one mostly centered on your character. BH is quite fun, although it can be a bit troublesome for you especially in chapter 3 where you're forced to work for a particularly nasty Sith.

But yes, playing LS is somewhat easier on the republic side, even if at times some NPCs can be quite as bad as the Empire, if not worse. You've been on Belsavis, you know this quite well already. Trooper's (currently playing one as well) boss often dislikes you making LS choices as well.

You should finish BH. The end presents an alternative for redemption of a sorts and can be big LS choice.

You should finish BH. The end presents an alternative for redemption of a sorts and can be big LS choice.

Sparing a corrupt, two-faced politician can hardly be considered a redemption.

Tormen may be a tyrant but he's not a two-faced git like Janarus.

Just saying.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Sparing a corrupt, two-faced politician can hardly be considered a redemption.

Tormen may be a tyrant but he's not a two-faced git like Janarus.

Just saying.

Eh

well Janarus ain't no saint, he is a politician afterall. ;)

Though I was under the impression he was more out of touch with the things going on under him rather than personally corrupt but then again it's been over a year since I did the story on my first character.

Saresh is a lot worse corruption wise and far more war mongering. Keeping company of assassin's seems a bit out there.

Janarus is the lesser of two evils.

The Butcher needed to be put down really. He overkilled in his lust for conquest.

Edited by Nickious

Eh

well Janarus ain't no saint, he is a politician afterall. ;)

Though I was under the impression he was more out of touch with the things going on under him rather than personally corrupt but then again it's been over a year since I did the story on my first character.

Saresh is a lot worse corruption wise and far more war mongering. Keeping company of assassin's seems a bit out there.

Janarus is the lesser of two evils.

The Butcher needed to be put down really. He overkilled in his lust for conquest.

There's some stuff here and there, implying NOT only that Saresh is corrupt but also pursued -- together with the GenoHaradan -- the removal of Janarus as Supreme Chancellor.

Whether this means she helped Tormen and his ilk is another matter; I wouldn't be surprised if she did. :o

Edited by Darth_Wicked