Help marauders in pvp, stunned, snared, blown back, with crap dps.

Beebels

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you implying that you need a cc immunity buff?

Not really just make it so snares count towards your resolve. At my current rating on Bastion it's the same 3 or 4 sorcs, 3 juggs and same 2 or 3 healers every game, the only thing I am really there for is support. If I have the sorcs on my team I'm there for Predation so it's easier for them to kite the juggs and to peel for the healer. Same for the juggs only there to give Predation and lock down one of the sorcs or the healer. I feel like giving Sentinels/Marauders a CC immunity would be too strong.

Not really just make it so snares count towards your resolve. At my current rating on Bastion it's the same 3 or 4 sorcs, 3 juggs and same 2 or 3 healers every game, the only thing I am really there for is support. If I have the sorcs on my team I'm there for Predation so it's easier for them to kite the juggs and to peel for the healer. Same for the juggs only there to give Predation and lock down one of the sorcs or the healer. I feel like giving Sentinels/Marasuders a CC immunity would be too strong.

Before the resolve change, Maras were and still are wrecking balls under full resolve. This is why anti-cc is an idea straight from the mind of a Leroy.

Edited by L-RANDLE

Not really just make it so snares count towards your resolve. At my current rating on Bastion it's the same 3 or 4 sorcs, 3 juggs and same 2 or 3 healers every game, the only thing I am really there for is support. If I have the sorcs on my team I'm there for Predation so it's easier for them to kite the juggs and to peel for the healer. Same for the juggs only there to give Predation and lock down one of the sorcs or the healer. I feel like giving Sentinels/Marauders a CC immunity would be too strong.

This can be a double axe though as for example warriors leaps also root, so they should add to resolve then...

I understand though what you mean by saying support, but IMHO every class should support each other... e.g. a jug coordinating his attacks with you should choke the target so you can get your gore window, a sorc can also use his creeping to root an escaping target or if in close range also (chain) stun for your gore window, etc. What I am trying to say is that if you think that you are there for support and you do what you do as you described then I would love to be playing in the same team with you, and believe me many other players.

But please don't give such ideas to scylence, I like the way he posts ;).

To provide any evidences that you know what you can do with your class or that you are not on the bottom 1% that needs an "I-win-button" to see improvement? We are waiting. ;) /2 hours

That ain't going to happen. He can't even comprehend why games are designed to be balanced for top players, let alone accept that he got L2P issues across the board.

That ain't going to happen. He can't even comprehend why games are designed to be balanced for top players, let alone accept that he got L2P issues across the board.

He has two hours.

PS: Nice post about making creds. Post it something there.

I know, but I am still a fair person

Almost at the 2 hr mark

I already offered to link you to any info. So now, its no point in "trying" Leroy.

Still think Sins are tankier than Maras?

Still don't get why Juggs get anti-CC?

Still dont get why you balance for top players?

Still haven't posted any video showing yourself having the ability to press buttons?

The only thing you are worthy of is a troll...

I already offered to link you to any info. So now, its no point in "trying" Leroy.

Still think Sins are tankier than Maras?

Still don't get why Juggs get anti-CC?

Still dont get why you balance for top players?

Still haven't posted any video showing yourself having the ability to press buttons?

The only thing you are worthy of is a troll...

You have provided nothing to support your argument(s)..

Kid tries so hard

/ less then 2 hrs

Guys, stop feeding the troll. You can't argue with him, he has an idea and no video will sway him, he'll just find an excuse to dismiss it. No example simple mathematical example showing him how much damage can be done in 4 seconds will sway him, he'll also find a reason to dismiss it. Nothing you say or show will sway him. He has an idea and nothing that contradicts that idea will be acceptable, it will all be dismissed for one inane reason or another. Let him put everyone in the forum on ignore and then we can all move on. I don't expect the devs will even give his suggestion a second glance. They can do the math, so it doesn't matter if he can or not.

Guys, stop feeding the troll. You can't argue with him, he has an idea and no video will sway him, he'll just find an excuse to dismiss it. No example simple mathematical example showing him how much damage can be done in 4 seconds will sway him, he'll also find a reason to dismiss it. Nothing you say or show will sway him. He has an idea and nothing that contradicts that idea will be acceptable, it will all be dismissed for one inane reason or another. Let him put everyone in the forum on ignore and then we can all move on. I don't expect the devs will even give his suggestion a second glance. They can do the math, so it doesn't matter if he can or not.

No video has been provided supporting your/his argument. No evidence to back up the math has been provided either. You can keep trying to troll and be in denial about it, doesn't effect me one bit.

/ less then 1 hr.

a f*cking c*nt, thats what.

When kids throw tantrums...

Edited by scylence

In fact the devs already gave maras and sents a reply. Not about getting unstoppable but about making ps/gore a stacking debuff that consumes with attacks, which is still more counterable than unstoppable,. The answer was a clear cut "NO", for exactly the reason almost everyone here is giving.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=728460

Dev Quote:

"As for the difficulties presented by various forms of crowd control, that is intended. We will continue to keep our eyes on Marauder/Sentinel and how their overall performance is in PvP. If we feel that they are being outperformed by many of the other classes, we might consider having Gore/Precision Slash grant a few charges with a longer duration that get consumed when damage is dealt to help Marauders/Sentinels use Gore/Precision Slash to its full effect. "

So yeah they keep monitoring, but until there is actual evidence that carnage/combat is underperforming, nothing will happen.

As someone who plays literally every AC in the game, I agree that Maras suffer horribly compared to other Melee classes at the moment, though I still have a lot of fun on them! I don't think that Maras should all be immune to knockbacks, or anything like that. A lot of things work well as balancing tools, and Maras still have good DPS and skills, so a vulnerability to knockbacks etc in general is desirable. And certainly too many dimwitted Maras expect to be able to faceroll people, when they should be more careful about who they leap on, but even good ones will suffer horribly against other good players; I don't believe that they're currently balanced between top players (Though not being a top player myself, I could be wrong, but I *am* competent). Marauders are meant to be relentless ambushers and executioners, not as resilient as Juggs, but more ferocious. Other Melee classes have much better counters to CCs, along with generally greater numbers of their own. Bearing in mind balance and class 'character', I suggest the following changes:

-- Force leap can always be used when immobilised for Maras, as a level 55 ability, perhaps, the way Obliterate can be buffed in the Rage tree. This itself would contribute to making Annihilation/Watchman more playable in PvP due to its heavily buffed leaping ability. In order to keep the advantage of the Rage Tree, perhaps this skill could also increase the range of obliterate slightly (Say, to 15 metres), or make the Marauder immune to CCs for 1 second so that a reflex knockback doesn't work, but subsequent CCs still would.

-- Force Camouflage removes movement impeding effects for all trees, as per the Carnage/Combat skill at the moment, and for Carnage/Combat the buff which previously gave only this spec the ability instead makes the Marauder immune to movement impeding effects but not stuns for the duration, somewhat akin to a short-lived, slower version of the PT/Vanguard's Hold The Line (Perhaps give it a stack or two so that when the stacks are removed upon taking damage, the Carnie Maru loses this immunity).

Any thoughts?