The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Force Push needs to be a charged move.

Fevee

so what class do you play so I can tell you all the moves we need to fix....

That is exactly what I was thinking.

<Start Sarcasm>

Lets just pull out the Nerf Bat and start swinging at EVERY annoying ability. I hate how as a Jedi Knight I get root stunned constantly in PVP so I wanna swing the Nerf Bat at every Root Stun ability.

Let the swinging begin!!!!

<End Sarcasm>

Edited by sethdil

Its funny how the OP was the only person to complain about the actual distance rather than the knockdown. I main jugg tank and personally this is my favorite (when playing other classes without a leap my least favorite) aspect about it. In arena's etc you can isolate certain classes/roles easily and at times win the game because of this. Also like some mentioned before i mainly use it for the interupt or breather it provides (defending nodes or last second hero clears from huttball goal lines). Outside of that we all get a bit excited come bridge time on voidstar and it's some healers turn to fly.

Its clear to see that the knockdown previously wasn't an issue and this has only came up since the nerf's to other classes. This means that the actual skill itself was/is not OP but rather people feel mistreated. Now this may be justified or not and the same goes for peoples defense of these abilities. However, is the answer really to just keep pointing fingers at what other classes have and making silly comparisons (apple and oranges) etc.

Someone already pointed out that the knockdown for operatives/assassins was to "enhance" their alpha strike. Bioware saw fit that this was in fact OP and left people with often limited chance of survival. Force push is a support skill and can only be used offensively for environmental kills. In this regard it is equal to every other CC previously mentioned.

Also a channel? that's just silly. Would you trade an 8 second channel on force push for an 8 second channel on stealth entry? no? thats silly? yeah...I can compare apples and jumbo jets too huh?

Finally, the people calling this an "I WIN" button are probably main operatives/sin's and are used to a knockdown actually meaning "I WIN". Snide joking remark aside the truth is personally i didn't want to see the nerf to knockdown on those classes anymore than i want to see any nerf coming my way. If i did however receive a nerf i wouldn't go pointing fingers at 'XYZ' declaring it OP as either common sense or an understanding of class design and/or mechanics would keep tears far from my caps lock.

/2cents

Force Push has to be the most annoying move in this entire game!

It exceeds Force Wave, Cover Pulse, Ambush's knockback, Concussion Charge by a longshot. Except for the few moves that make you entirely immune to controls and pushes there is no defense against it. It also pushes you way farther back than any other pushbacks. And finally, it's the only move that knocks you down.

The other moves that root you after the knockback are at least tolerable since you can continue firing/healing/whatever. But Force Push sends you barreling helplessly back; at the mere whim of the pusher; it's overpowered, and that needs fixing.

I think making Force Push a charged move will fix it. At least needing a second to charge, but charging it up like it already has the appearance of will make the move less overpowered; since it will then be capable of being interrupted.

Dude lay down your crack pipe and get over it. If i have to put up with all the overly powered crap the other classes can do, like the COMMANDO class and them cannons that sucks the life out of ya in 1 to 2 seconds flat, (just to name ONE) you can get over this.

And by chance the criers get their way AGAIN, it would be the straw to break the camels back and, and i'll wave good bye....

Besides, The Force isn't the force with out force push..........

Just Saying!

I don't care if it has a cooldown of 5 hours, the I-Win button is still overpowered, and the poor sap the move is used on is done for.

Get a grip, will ya, sit down, read up, practice on what ever class you are playing. Then rain fury on your enemies in-game. But for the Love of the Game, never subdue to become a lazy whiner. The nerfing ends here, one of the aspects in the game is to Master offensive and defensive moves of your class and as it takes time, all this game soon will be reduced to is lazy tactical flashpoints, anonymous PvP and in the rate where going we soon just will get one ability each to make do in a WZ or Arena. For you Lazy whiners to ever manage to get through Super Mario, Sonic, Zelda or even Donkey Kong would probably be like achieving a Nobel prize award . . .

Edited by t-darko

So... if you suck hard at PvP and blame it on other classes... perhaps re-rolling is a good idea? IMO the game is fairly balanced, although juggs does need some more survivability in PvE (read some number crunching posts, cba to find them again).