The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Official Word on the Fate of the EU from StarWars.com

DarthDymond

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know....I haven't read everything in the EU, and compared to some of you, maybe I can't even be considered a true SW fan. But I am in love with the stories and characters in TOR. I understand Disney's point of view, but if they decide to truly wipe "the past" too, I would just be ...sad. I don't think there's a better word to describe it.

We're all involved in this game, and have been in Kotor and the books, and to have someone just come in and say, oh wait, "we're glad u spent money on these products and invested your time and soul with these stories, but now we're gonna rewrite everything"....

You know....I haven't read everything in the EU, and compared to some of you, maybe I can't even be considered a true SW fan. But I am in love with the stories and characters in TOR. I understand Disney's point of view, but if they decide to truly wipe "the past" too, I would just be ...sad. I don't think there's a better word to describe it.

We're all involved in this game, and have been in Kotor and the books, and to have someone just come in and say, oh wait, "we're glad u spent money on these products and invested your time and soul with these stories, but now we're gonna rewrite everything"....

The EU was never protected in the first place, and they haven't rewritten TOR yet.

I highly doubt this will happen. Only thing that's being rewritten as far as we know is the post-ROTJ.

I own EVERY book from "rogue planet" forward. I've read them all multiple times....EVEN books like "crystal star" lol. And now they've basically said "The EU...It's all a dream...but that garbage prequel trilogy IS canon" :confused: But I'll give Darth Donald & Emperor Mickey a chance. Hopefully they won't announce that all SW movies from here on out will be musicals & we see stormtrooper flash mobs... O_o

For me, personally, I have to say that I am a person who needs things be "official". I don't know what psychological issue this is, but if they tell me that Swtor is only "legend", I completely lose interest in it. It then has the same value as stuff which I make up in my own head. I surely could still play the game (as a game), but knowing that not one bit of all the stories has any worth, kills 99% of my fun.

If it makes you feel any better, I feel the same way that you do. Although, I'm not sure I'd call it a "psychological issue," but rather a simple preference for order over disorder, for reality over fantasy (which is obviously ironic in this situation, but it still applies).

Saddening but not surprising.

Of course Disney would destroy over 20 years of world and character building, most of it far superior to the movies (especially the prequels) in order that they wouldn't have to actually pay attention to anything.

But whatever, it wasn't the god awful prequels or the terribly written embarrassment to the franchise they called TCW that kept me into star wars all these years, it was the books and comics and KOTORs, and I still have all of those. So Disney can pretend that those stories and writers never existed and peddle whatever warped version of the universe they want.

But I have the real Star Wars, its on my bookshelf and on my computer.