This Crap Needs to go... NOW!

Ohaiguis

Whats up with this crap? range automatically face their target no matter what? you cant even work as a mellee because no matter what you do your just gonna get stomped on by the superior DPS/Survival skills that the ranged have... Give me back my ability to work around a toon. plskthnxbai

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they? As a ranged i get the "must face target" message all the time, so you cant cast if target is right behind you. Though Im not sure how it works with channeled abilities (dont really use them much in meleerange due to old habit). How is it if you start a casttime ability with target in front and he is behind you when it ends. Will you autoface?

Keyboard turner spotted.

:D

On a serious note you can still LoS casters, not really sure what the issue OP is having.

Actually yea, i was a keyboard turner (it was my first ever computer game) about 4 years ago.

Doesn't change the fact that now, regardless of skill, stupid strategies like that won't work.

Let me guess?

Bunny hopping rogue running randomly in a circle/through target so you had an advantage?

Too bad.

Keyboard turner detected....

This issue needs to be addressed, especially for gunslingers and snipers that you cannot kick when they are in cover (why?). As long as they start casting the spell, they will get it off.(unless you LoS)

I honestly wouldn't mind, since interrupts are plentiful and if you cannot kick the casts in this game, the casting system is the least of your worries, but the gunslinger/sniper cover buff is just excessive with the current casting system.

Edited by Nykes

Actually yea, i was a keyboard turner (it was my first ever computer game) about 4 years ago.

Doesn't change the fact that now, regardless of skill, stupid strategies like that won't work.

Sounds like someone was mad that people tried to figure out ways to win based on their class instead of letting people shoot them in the face all day.

You CAN still LoS around/through people in this.

I will say what IS an issue though is seeing spells continue to hit me through walls, I'm assuming channels. They need to break on LoS immediately like any other spell. Don't do that lame *** WoW did where once a channel starts it's guaranteed to finish, hated that and I played casters as well as melee.

Edited by Dreadspectre

Actually, when you LoS, you stop taking damage, the spell will continue to channel, but the debris or ability will hit the environment(pretty cool).

You will still take damage for a second after you enter LoS, but after that you will not.

Wow lots of trolls in this thread... or Bounty Hunter players... Anyways this is a known issue. Casters and Shooters with instant cast attacks can run all over the place spamming attacks even when not directly facing their target. As long as they don't have their back to the target. BHs can run circles around melees casting explosives and shooting while melee casters are fighting through multiple CCs, low FPS in warzones, rubberbanding opponents, and having to face directly at the target and be within 4m to use any attack.

Auto facing is plain nooby - sorry. It requires no skill. Only total scrubs would think its fine.

[EDIT] The old WOW defence....../yawn Most MMO's follow a similar mechanic in PVP. Not everything revolves around WOW.

Edited by Gordius

Whats up with this crap? range automatically face their target no matter what? you cant even work as a mellee because no matter what you do your just gonna get stomped on by the superior DPS/Survival skills that the ranged have... Give me back my ability to work around a toon. plskthnxbai

There is no difference.. The only thing that you're seeing is them snap and face you. If you're behind them they can't snap and face you, it'll just say you must face your target to do that. You have to be infront-to the side of them which is exactly like other mmo pvp. So you're whining over nothing.

Keyboard turner detected....

This issue needs to be addressed, especially for gunslingers and snipers that you cannot kick when they are in cover (why?). As long as they start casting the spell, they will get it off.(unless you LoS)

I honestly wouldn't mind, since interrupts are plentiful and if you cannot kick the casts in this game, the casting system is the least of your worries, but the gunslinger/sniper cover buff is just excessive with the current casting system.

Are you serious? Remove cover and allow snipers to use all their abilities outside of having to cover then. Your serious about being able to kick a sniper when hes behind cover. Do you realize how much time is wasted having to go back into cover just to use any of our decent abilities? Clearly you've never had to play a character in pvp that has to cover to do any decent damage. I hate cover, remove it and let people kick me but let me move and use my abilities regardless of cover. Otherwise dont change anything. Especially dont allow people to kick snipers behind cover, you've already got them in one spot where they cant move if you cant handle them then you are doin it wrong.

Yes because clearly its fairs that meele classes can stand behind a sniper that's behind cover. You realize snipers cant do crap for damage except when behind cover and you want to be able to LOS them when your behind them? You realize how much time is wasted having to go into cover and than fire? Quit whining if you cant handle RANGED dps as MEELE DPS when they're sitting still you are DOIN IT WRONG.

There is no difference.. The only thing that you're seeing is them snap and face you. If you're behind them they can't snap and face you, it'll just say you must face your target to do that. You have to be infront-to the side of them which is exactly like other mmo pvp. So you're whining over nothing.

Actually you are wrong. in this game with the ability que you only have to be positioned toward or to the side of the opponent when you hit the button 1s later when the que fires off the ability it doesn't matter where your looking. Unfortunately with melee this is not the case and also our abilities cant fire sideways we actually have to be directly facing the target.

As sloppy as the PvP plays at this point, I'm not sure how anyone could enjoy a melee build. It needs some serious refinement - the input lag, particularly from mouse binds, is atrocious.

Woa... I have no problems in PvP, I seem to outdo everyone I face, one on one is a cake, and can even take on some combos 1v2 or even 1v3.

I love being melee in PvP in this game <3.

Concealment specced Operative here.

Auto facing is plain nooby - sorry. It requires no skill. Only total scrubs would think its fine.

[EDIT] The old WOW defence....../yawn Most MMO's follow a similar mechanic in PVP. Not everything revolves around WOW.

Have you played this game? This game requires no skill in any facet, so why would they put a skill requirement on ranged?

To the OP, you may have a valid point but you have not shared with us any evidence. Could you upload a video or some screen shots? If that is not possible can you perhaps tell us what specific skills you are talking about?

As a ranged dps class I have always had to face my opponents to fire off skills.... so I am unsure what you are even talking about?

Most people don't understand that SWTOR is NOT Wow.....

Learn to adapt your playstyle

Let me guess?

Bunny hopping rogue running randomly in a circle/through target so you had an advantage?

Too bad.

its not only about rogue running randomly in a circle , its abour ranged class does not need to face their target, when u go to his back then ranged class automatically turns t oyour side, player does not need to do anything, what is that ? easy mode ?

its not only about rogue running randomly in a circle , its abour ranged class does not need to face their target, when u go to his back then ranged class automatically turns t oyour side, player does not need to do anything, what is that ? easy mode ?

Who said he auto turned?

See, this is the MOST ANNOYING THING about MMORPG PVP in that I've got to juggle a dozen hotbars of skills while dealing with bunny hoppers and circle strafing. The fact I actually aim is a good thing. Not only do I not have to worry about being strafed, I don't have to try doing it myself.

Learn how to not rely on a design flaw to win rather than complain about losing access to an exploit too many MMOs let happen.