I feel like Jorgan would be better off with a Sniper Rifle instead of an AC.

Reno_Tarshil

Funny thing is, he actually uses his assault cannon as a precision weapon. :X

I personally think it fits him fine. Yes, lorewise he was a Sniper, but he also mentioned how he worked as a sniper - days observing a target until the right time to take the shot was there. That wouldn't really work with his current assignment, as a spec-ops operative. The assault cannon allows him to be more mobile and he still seems to be able to use it for precision work *shrugs* I'm fine with it as it is.

Yeah, of course. I was just referring to the way Aric himself described his work as a Sniper. I think from that point of view it makes sense for him to choose more "hands on" weaponry for the close quarter combat he tends to find himself in.

The assault cannon just shouldn't be in the game. It makes no sense. I cringe when I see it.

While I don't care for it, I don't think it should be excluded from the game. Kind of seems ignorant, but I don't know.

Aric does seem off using an Assault Cannon. Maybe it's cause he's a cat man or something. And it looks ridiculous when it's on a characters back. I don't use him often enough to care too much though. He seems kind of arrogant and entitled so I opt out of using him.

While I don't care for it, I don't think it should be excluded from the game. Kind of seems ignorant, but I don't know.

Aric does seem off using an Assault Cannon. Maybe it's cause he's a cat man or something. And it looks ridiculous when it's on a characters back. I don't use him often enough to care too much though. He seems kind of arrogant and entitled so I opt out of using him.

He's a nice cat guy if you get to know which you should since he has the trooper companion quests.

AC being Assault Cannon.

He used to be in a group called the Deadeyes who were expert snipers.

Now I know the reason he has an AC is because he uses Aim gear, but I think Lore wise he should have a Sniper Rifle.

To answer with a reply that you usually give to suggestions you don't agree with:

How about no!

I was going to say that you should just give him a rifle; it doesn't decrease his DPS too much. But I agree. They said they changed him to have an AC due to the fact that there was a lack of Aim sniper rifles, yeah, but that's not a problem if you have a moddable one.

I was going to say that you should just give him a rifle; it doesn't decrease his DPS too much. But I agree. They said they changed him to have an AC due to the fact that there was a lack of Aim sniper rifles, yeah, but that's not a problem if you have a moddable one.

Heh, it really isn't a problem anymore. They should consider giving him the option to use sniper rifles again. I'm also amused that they used, "A lack of aim sniper rifles" as their reasoning for not giving Jorgan the ability to use sniper rifles.

Every so often one of my low level characters ends up with an item that has stats that make no sense at all. Like for example, sniper rifles with aim. :D

Edit: And no, the sniper rifles aren't exclusively for HK. They might be useful for him but they've been dropping for far longer than HK has been in game.

Edited by Lord_of_Mu

Heh, it really isn't a problem anymore. They should consider giving him the option to use sniper rifles again. I'm also amused that they used, "A lack of aim sniper rifles" as their reasoning for not giving Jorgan the ability to use sniper rifles.

Every so often one of my low level characters ends up with an item that has stats that make no sense at all. Like for example, sniper rifles with aim. :D

Edit: And no, the sniper rifles aren't exclusively for HK. They might be useful for him but they've been dropping for far longer than HK has been in game.

I just got an assault cannon with cunning. Would there be any use for that? I'm genuinely asking, because I thought troopers needed aim and endurance.

I just got an assault cannon with cunning. Would there be any use for that? I'm genuinely asking, because I thought troopers needed aim and endurance.

There are cunning pieces in the game that have absorb and shield rating, yet no version of smugglers/agents can use shields(Before you suggest droids, I'm talking about greens/blues for humanoids, not droid parts).

There are cunning pieces in the game that have absorb and shield rating, yet no version of smugglers/agents can use shields(Before you suggest droids, I'm talking about greens/blues for humanoids, not droid parts).

I'm only just starting to basically pay attention to stats. :o But saw the stats on that cannon and was confused.

AC being Assault Cannon.

He used to be in a group called the Deadeyes who were expert snipers.

Now I know the reason he has an AC is because he uses Aim gear, but I think Lore wise he should have a Sniper Rifle.

From a lore perspective I fully agree.

I wonder about that for several months already.

Seems to be new. I never saw these items half a year ago or earlier ( I play for about a year now).

Exactly. For something really crazy, check this:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/20216/k-301-sentry-blaster

This is an offhand blaster, with +8 shield, that drops in The Foundry. O.o

Offhand ? Strange, because I thought that Corso might have use for that if it wasn't offhand ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

From a lore perspective I fully agree.

I wonder about that for several months already.

Seems to be new. I never saw these items half a year ago or earlier ( I play for about a year now).

Offhand ? Strange, because I thought that Corso might have use for that if it wasn't offhand ...

The Blaster is also Main Hand Wieldable.

http://www.torhead.com/item/bw3yQwl/k-301-sentry-blaster#dropped-by

Edited by Reno_Tarshil